collapse

* Recent Posts

Big East 2024 Offseason by HutchwasClutch
[Today at 07:03:02 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 02:18:09 PM]

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[Today at 11:08:53 AM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[May 31, 2024, 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[May 31, 2024, 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[May 31, 2024, 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tucker  (Read 17986 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Tucker
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2023, 07:15:15 AM »
That’s not true. I watch Fox News (The Five and Gutfeld, regularly) and am not a Republican.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2023, 07:21:07 AM »
This is (sort of) off topic, but I wonder how much of an editorial decision to make media consumable in youtube-able bites for redistribution the day after broadcast to hunt virality has affected viewership on programming in general, and late night programing in particular. There's a 0% chance I will watch the Tonight Show, but a non-zero chance I might catch a clip of it the next day if what happened was noteworthy enough. I feel like in the past few years this has been my experience with SNL (though the sketch-length bits they did naturally lent themselves to this format) as well.

I do know that there is a whole cottage industry of outrage farming the cable news propogandists. Clip out whatever nonsensical take they have, cue up the derision, repackage it on twitter, presto chango you're the remora on the shark of Tucker (or whomever). And, conversely, who can forget one of my least favorite genres of repackaged content "Watch as [propagandists] OWNS/DESTROYS/DECIMATES [target]" (looking at Ben Shapiro's media ecosystem in particular for this one, but certainly the Resistance Twitter loves it way too freaking much). For that reason, when people are saying "oh the audience is only 2-3M (or whatever)" I do think that somewhat undersells the reach.

Spot on.  It isn't the full broadcast watchers as you'll find most people under retirement age don't have time to watch.  It's the clips that pop up on Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok that push the narrative now. 

The real problem with Tucker is that he is a white nationalist, and he is good at his job.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2023, 11:58:10 AM »
Found the Tucker watcher.
Yes , because there is no one source for truth
If I had stuck to one source I would have believed
51 ex gubmint officials that the laptop was Russian disinformation. Lifelong Independent who tries to verify what goes on and tries to listen to everybody

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2023, 02:22:09 PM »
Sydney newspaper with the clever headline:  ;D
‘Tucker for president?’ What Carlson does next, now he’s been outfoxed
https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/tucker-for-president-what-carlson-does-next-now-he-s-been-outfoxed-20230425-p5d32e.html

tower912

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2023, 03:24:52 PM »
I am looking forward to his lawsuit against Fox.  I hope their opposition research on him is made public.  Just for the entertainment value.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2023, 03:30:55 PM »
I for one think that whenever an employer feels compelled to develop an oppo research file on its employees that is a sign of a healthy and well-functioning workplace.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2023, 03:57:37 PM »
Agree completely.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2023, 05:23:04 PM »
Interesting take
I did not write this

-----

The political left is notorious for celebrating whenever they believe a prominent opponent to their agenda has been silenced.  Often they celebrate far too soon and become enraged when they realize the people they wanted gone are stronger and more popular than ever.  The Tucker Carlson situation is likely another case of this dynamic in play.

When CNN's Brian Stelter was taken off the air after years of disinformation peddling, conservatives celebrated as well, but there's a difference between the two events.  In the case of Stelter, his show was tanking along with CNN's overall ratings.  The company was bleeding audience numbers and people like Stelter had zero public trust.  This was the market telling CNN and Stelter that they are not wanted.

In the case of Tucker Carlson, he had the top slot on FOX and the highest-rated cable news show in the country.  The removal of Carlson had nothing to do with the market – The market wants Carlson's show.  He was removed, most likely because of his views.  Stelter was removed because he is irrelevant; Carlson was removed as an attempt to censor (deplatforming).

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez seems to think that the demands of the market do not matter and applauded Tucker Carlson's “deplatforming” from FOX, comparing it to the defeat of a villain in a Marvel movie.  This is odd considering villains do not get deplatformed; it's the villains that do the deplatforming. 

AOC celebrates Fox News terminating Tucker Carlson
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1650763682811465730

In case her crazy eyes didn't give it away, it should be noted that AOC seems to be very excited about the prospect of Carlson being suppressed.  But perhaps her bartender's brain missed the bigger picture?

In the era of digital media such personalities take their audiences with them.  That's millions of viewers that Fox News is about to lose, and surely there are multiple alternative media outlets ready to offer Carlson a spot for his show.  If anything, FOX getting rid of him has strengthened his credibility even more.  The truth is, he was the only reason many conservatives bothered to tune in to FOX at all.

AOC does note that she's afraid of the “cut scene” at the end of the movie where the “villain's hand” jumps out to indicate he's not dead.  But if this is the case, then her theory about deplatforming is ignorant.  If Carlson takes his audience with him, then how is he deplatformed?  If this move inspires an even bigger audience shift over to alternative media, then the leftists haven't won anything.  In fact, they have lost.

What AOC should really be doing is demanding FOX give Carlson his job back.  Strike him down and he comes back more powerful than she can possibly imagine.  However, in her rabid lust for control she has overlooked the obvious.

Perhaps in this case leftists like AOC believe that having Carlson on a corporate news network gives him a form of legitimacy – They tend to think the mainstream news is the only viable news, but this is an outdated and foolish assumption.  In reality, it was not FOX that gave Carlson legitimacy, it was Carlson that gave FOX legitimacy.   

Tucker Carlson will be fine wherever he goes, FOX's market value will plunge along with its viewership, and AOC will still look like a crazed communist.  Deplatforming is the removal of a voice despite broad public demand.  It's the tool of authoritarians, and all it does is tell us who is close to the target when it comes to the truth.  They wouldn't be deplatformed if they weren't a threat to the establishment.   

Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2023, 05:37:09 PM »
Why did AOC have to do with Tucker Carlson losing his job?

Adding a tweet by Jack Posobiec, too.  Bravo!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2023, 06:08:47 PM »
Is there a link to that article?

What "views" would Fox fire Tucker for?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 06:15:35 PM by jesmu84 »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2023, 06:09:54 PM »
"Suppressed" is a funny way of saying "fired for defaming a company and contributing to his employer being sued for hundreds of millions of dollars".

He is perfectly capable of continuing to spread his message. He just can't do it as a fox employee. Free speech does not mean free from consequences of speech
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 06:11:51 PM by TAMU, Knower of Ball »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2023, 06:14:50 PM »
Is there a link to that article?

If you guessed that it came from a far-right, largely deplatformed website with links to Russia, and written under the very original nom de plume Tyler Durden, come collect your prize.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/aoc-celebrates-deplatforming-tucker-carlson-did-she-miss-point-yet-again?ref=biztoc.com

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2023, 06:57:49 PM »
Interesting take
I did not write this

-----

The political left is notorious for celebrating whenever they believe a prominent opponent to their agenda has been silenced.  Often they celebrate far too soon and become enraged when they realize the people they wanted gone are stronger and more popular than ever.   

Let's see, the first two lines are lies/distortions.

And a posting of the PizzaGate guy as if he were a legitimate voice.

I think I can safely not read the rest.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2023, 07:05:31 PM »
Perfect.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2023, 08:09:48 PM »
Lol zerohedge. Perfect.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2023, 06:08:48 AM »
Zerohedge and Jack Posobiec. 

Take this to the scoop hall of fame!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2023, 06:44:47 AM »
Carlson will find a platform.   I think the O'Reilly template fits here.  Although if Fox makes it a mission to make TC toxic, perhaps Olbermann would be more apt.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2023, 07:54:25 AM »
Carlson will find a platform.   I think the O'Reilly template fits here.  Although if Fox makes it a mission to make TC toxic, perhaps Olbermann would be more apt.
Agree. Olbermann and Megyn Kelly would seem to be likely good analogies. Both have top 50 podcasts. (Somehow Glenn Beck is in the top 20????)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2023, 08:08:11 AM »
Agree. Olbermann and Megyn Kelly would seem to be likely good analogies. Both have top 50 podcasts. (Somehow Glenn Beck is in the top 20????)

Can we put all 4 of them on a rocket ship to Mars?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2023, 08:20:50 AM »

I mentioned to Pakuni earlier, but I think TC is much more savvy than BO ever was.  I would be absolutely shocked if this was the last meaningful job that TC holds.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2023, 08:38:30 AM »
Can we put all 4 of them on a rocket ship to Mars?
Only if Eloon is piloting it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2023, 08:46:23 AM »

From the NYT's DealBook:

Two days after being fired from Fox News, Tucker Carlson emerged on Twitter … with a two-minute video that didn’t address his shocking ouster. But he may have offered a hint about what he’ll do next after his surprise exit from Rupert Murdoch’s media empire.

Carlson criticized the state of political discourse, saying, “both political parties and their donors have reached consensus on what benefits them and they actively collude to shut down any conversation about it.”

“Where can you still find Americans saying true things? There aren’t many places left,” Carlson added. “But there are some. And that’s enough.” He concluded with “See you soon,” suggesting that he may return to the public forum, either on his own or as part of some news media outlet.

More details have emerged about Carlson’s firing. The Times reports that just before Fox News’s defamation trial was set to begin, the Fox board belatedly learned more about highly offensive and crude remarks that the host had made privately — and that surfaced as part of the legal discovery process.

The full extent of what he said is still not known, but news outlets have challenged court-ordered redactions of the private messages, and the communications could still emerge in a lawsuit against Fox News filed by the voting software maker Smartmatic.

Numerous reports say Tucker was especially fond of using the c-word.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2023, 08:52:40 AM »

Numerous reports say Tucker was especially fond of using the c-word.
Conservative?
Congress?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2023, 09:03:37 AM »
I mentioned to Pakuni earlier, but I think TC is much more savvy than BO ever was.  I would be absolutely shocked if this was the last meaningful job that TC holds.

Yea, love him or hate him, he’s an intelligent dude and seems very savvy at the media politics game behind the scenes.  He also seems to have a hold on the kayfabe aspect of being a talking head more than O’Reilly did (constantly trumpeting “I’m a registered independent” is was one of the dumbest ongoing schticks).  And he’s not gotten to be completely unhinged like Olbermann or Glenn Beck yet.

I think he’s does the podcast/DIY route for a bit and then another big gig in a few years

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2023, 09:38:39 AM »
Yea, love him or hate him, he’s an intelligent dude and seems very savvy at the media politics game behind the scenes.  He also seems to have a hold on the kayfabe aspect of being a talking head more than O’Reilly did (constantly trumpeting “I’m a registered independent” is was one of the dumbest ongoing schticks).  And he’s not gotten to be completely unhinged like Olbermann or Glenn Beck yet.

Beck is the best becuase he's never even pretended to be anything but a grifter.  He's like a smarter, less meme-able Alex Jones.  Remember when for a minute he thought there was more money in going the remorseful, move to the middle route?  Then he realized that in fact there was more money in steering into insanity, so he went on a "I TAKE ALL MY APOLOGIES BACK" rampage.  A true American success story.

feedback