[Today at 02:25:52 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tucker  (Read 16653 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: Tucker
« Reply #375 on: May 10, 2023, 08:37:40 AM »
And back to your regularly scheduled discussion of Tucker Carlson and not like a meta commentary on various posters' fixations and such:

I had predicted the Daily Wire, so I got that wrong. But, I maintain that his reach will be amplified in that the raw numbers of people that could be exposed to him will go up, but that the impact of that reach will go down. These tweets fairly sum up what I'm thinking on the subject:

Robert Evans (The Only Robert Evans)
@IwriteOK
·
5h
i tend to agree, all viewership numbers are not created equal. The people who watched Tucker on Fox had him on as a constant part of their daily life, because Fox is white noise for a specific chunk of America.
Quote Tweet
hasanabi
@hasanthehun
·
7h
i think this will be annoying, it will have the full might of twitter behind it, it will get more media coverage than his actual show did because it will be here and still only reach a fraction of the real world impact his prime time show held. twitter.com/tuckercarlson/…
Show this thread
@IwriteOK
·
5h
twitter does still have influence but it's primarily a place weirdos and freaks spend too much time. fox news is the eternal wallpaper of countless gyms, hotel lounges, military bases, etc...

(emphasis added).

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #376 on: May 10, 2023, 08:53:38 AM »
And back to your regularly scheduled discussion of Tucker Carlson and not like a meta commentary on various posters' fixations and such:

I had predicted the Daily Wire, so I got that wrong. But, I maintain that his reach will be amplified in that the raw numbers of people that could be exposed to him will go up, but that the impact of that reach will go down. These tweets fairly sum up what I'm thinking on the subject:

@IwriteOK
·
5h
i tend to agree, all viewership numbers are not created equal. The people who watched Tucker on Fox had him on as a constant part of their daily life, because Fox is white noise for a specific chunk of America.
Quote Tweet
hasanabi
@hasanthehun
·
7h
i think this will be annoying, it will have the full might of twitter behind it, it will get more media coverage than his actual show did because it will be here and still only reach a fraction of the real world impact his prime time show held. twitter.com/tuckercarlson/…
Show this thread
@IwriteOK
·
5h
twitter does still have influence but it's primarily a place weirdos and freaks spend too much time. fox news is the eternal wallpaper of countless gyms, hotel lounges, military bases, etc...

(emphasis added).

That’s just it and the news cycle of his Twitter vignettes will slowly evaporate. 

Twitter isn’t real life.  Each successive generation moves onto the newest social media fad/gathering place.  It’s a weird strategy for him, imo.  The no compete clause probably limits him at the moment but lost time in mass media is crucial
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2023, 09:03:00 AM »
There aren't quite enough white supremacists and traitors posting regularly on the twits, so it's not surprising that Elon might want the best of 'em.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2023, 09:07:07 AM »
The other thing is that I think there is a decent share of the "Fox" viewer who is... well lets' just say that they're not necessarily the most tech savvy generation. I'll be curious what percentage of them manage to figure out how to watch a 30-60 minute television show on twitter.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2023, 09:12:07 AM »
The other thing is that I think there is a decent share of the "Fox" viewer who is... well lets' just say that they're not necessarily the most tech savvy generation. I'll be curious what percentage of them manage to figure out how to watch a 30-60 minute television show on twitter.

They won’t.  It’ll get disseminated to them in some form but in time, they’ll lose interest in having to find it.  Someone will replace him at Fox and that’ll be the new voice for them.  It’s not complicated.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2023, 09:29:42 AM »
They won’t.  It’ll get disseminated to them in some form but in time, they’ll lose interest in having to find it.  Someone will replace him at Fox and that’ll be the new voice for them.  It’s not complicated.

Yes, this exactly.
Tucker was a failure at two other networks (not to mention a failed would-be game show host) before Fox's right-wing starmaking machine got a hold of him and turned him what he is today.
Most of these Fox News stars were minor figures before they got there. O'Reilly was a TV news reporter and Maury Povich wannabe before Fox came along. Hannity was a small-time talk radio host. Gutfeld edited softcore magazines and blogged for HuffPost.
The hosts don't carry Fox News; Fox News carries the hosts.
As they did with the departures O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Megyn Kelly and its other dearly departed, Fox will just reach into its bag and create another star to replace Tucker.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2023, 10:03:17 AM »
Rubes, idiots, morons and country folk are very easily conned.
Way to paint with a wide brush

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2023, 01:08:12 PM »
Cable news ascendency started on January 16, 1991, when Bernard Shaw, John Holliman, and Peter Arnett reported live from a suite at the Rashid Hotel in Baghdad as Desert Strom began.

This event was so important that TIME made Ted Turner the 1991 Man of the Year

We now have more evidence that the book-end of this event just happened Fox firing Tucker Carlson.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/fox-news-tucker-carlson-may-ratings-1235383937/

The month of May was the first full month without cable news’ top primetime host, Tucker Carlson, and it showed.

Fox News continued to top primetime and total day viewers, but the margins have narrowed considerably with MSNBC, which was the only major cable news network to see viewership gains.

Fox News averaged 1.42 million viewers in primetime, a 37% drop from the same month a year ago. MSNBC averaged 1.16 million viewers, an increase of 14% from May, 2022. CNN averaged 494,000, a drop of 25%

----

The cable news era was from January 16, 1991, to April 24, 2023.

Yes, it existed before and after, but so do fax machines and landlines. All are equally relevant.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2023, 01:33:58 PM »
It's crazy that Time's call in 1991 and 2006 are both in a freefall.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2023, 02:10:24 PM »
Fox News averaged 1.42 million viewers in primetime, a 37% drop from the same month a year ago. MSNBC averaged 1.16 million viewers, an increase of 14% from May, 2022.

Who'da thunk that a white supremacist's departure would turn Fox News-watching right-wingnuts into MSNBC-lovin' commies?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #385 on: June 05, 2023, 02:29:02 PM »
Sept. 14, 2016:

"I'm sticking with my long-held idea that in 10 to 15 years the NFL falls to even with the NBA and/or MLB in TV ratings."

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=52294.0

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #386 on: June 05, 2023, 02:55:52 PM »

The cable news era was from January 16, 1991, to April 24, 2023.

Yes, it existed before and after, but so do fax machines and landlines. All are equally relevant.

Your takes get sillier by the day.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2023, 03:11:58 PM »
Sept. 14, 2016:

"I'm sticking with my long-held idea that in 10 to 15 years the NFL falls to even with the NBA and/or MLB in TV ratings."

It was fun skimming that thread, which included a banned chicos changing his screen name (for the bazillionth time), claiming he wasn't chicos (for the bazillionth time), and getting proved a liar (for the bazillionth time) by rocky. Saw plenty of contributions from long-gone Scoopers. Good times.

Anyhoo, it turns out our guy Smuggles (Heisey, Tugg, etc) is darn good at making predictions, except about the future.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2023, 03:25:32 PM »
Sept. 14, 2016:

I still have 5 to 8 more years, ... the NFL's growth rate is zero

https://www.statista.com/statistics/289979/nfl-number-of-tv-viewers-usa/

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2023, 03:26:36 PM »
Your takes get sillier by the day.

Thanks for this ... feel better about this now

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2023, 03:42:19 PM »
I still have 5 to 8 more years, ... the NFL's growth rate is zero

https://www.statista.com/statistics/289979/nfl-number-of-tv-viewers-usa/

The average viewership for a national NFL broadcast last season was 16.7 million.
The average viewership for a national NBA broadcast was 1.6 million.
The average viewership for a national MLB broadcast (on Fox) was 2.1 million.

The NFL isn't losing 85% of its viewers in the next five to eight years.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2023, 05:35:57 PM »
Who'da thunk that a white supremacist's departure would turn Fox News-watching right-wingnuts into MSNBC-lovin' commies?

waiting for the time you elevate the conversation instead of name calling

Slander is the tool of losers- Socrates

tower912

• All American
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2023, 06:01:08 PM »

Looking through your post history.... thanks for the laugh.   Self owns and unintended irony always make me giggle.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2023, 06:13:20 PM »

Fake quotes are the tools of who?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/oct/08/viral-image/no-socrates-didnt-call-slander-tool-losers/

Lennys Tap

• All American

MU82

• All American
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2023, 11:03:56 PM »

Smuggles embraced the nickname, but carry on and wow us with your wonderful conversation-elevating contributions and fake quotes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 11:05:46 PM by MU82 »

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2023, 09:41:50 PM »
Tucker on Twitter debuted four hours ago.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1666203439146172419?s=20

It already has 25+ million views.  His May 9 video saying he was coming to Twitter has 133 million views.

For comparison, his Fox show peaked at around 4 million viewers, and the Superbowl has about 130 million viewers.

The best thing to happen to Tucker is getting fired. Not only did that bury an entire industry (cable news), but his reach is now multiple what it was. He has never had more influence. And his $25 million/year income is now believed to be in the $100 million/year range.

All hail the soon-to-be billionaire king-maker.

So ... who among the circle-jerk crowd will take their hand out of the pants to the left, wipe off the KY (or maybe not) and attack me personally? Because that is what they do.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2023, 09:45:42 PM »
Tucker on Twitter debuted four hours ago.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1666203439146172419?s=20

It already has 25+ million views.  His May 9 video saying he was coming to Twitter has 133 million views.

For comparison, his Fox show peaked at around 4 million viewers, and the Superbowl has about 130 million viewers.

The best thing to happen to Tucker is getting fired. Not only did that bury an entire industry (cable news), but his reach is now multiple what it was. He has never had more influence. And his $25 million/year income is now believed to be in the $100 million/year range.

All hail the soon-to-be billionaire king-maker.

So ... who among the circle-jerk crowd will take their hand out of the pants to the left, wipe off the KY (or maybe not) and attack me personally? Because that is what they do.

1) jockitch
1a) rico
2) 82
3) pakuni
3a) rico
4) Rico

In that order.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2023, 09:59:20 PM »
Who goes left in a circle jerk?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2023, 10:23:56 PM »
Who goes left in a circle jerk?

"Leftists". Isn't that where the term cums from?

feedback