collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tipping the Delivery Guy (with an MU twist)  (Read 2714 times)

StillAWarrior

• All American
Re: Tipping the Delivery Guy (with an MU twist)
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2023, 09:40:35 AM »
I really don't like situations where tipping isn't historically done (e.g., counter service at a fast food place) where they spin the screen around to you, look you in the eye, and tell you, please "hit one of the buttons." It's even more annoying when the options are "20%, 25% and 30%" and you have to do a custom "0.00." I just would rather not have to personally and actively say, "no tip for you" -- particularly when someone in back is still assembling my food.

I do sometimes tip people in those situations who provide particularly good service...but I end up going through that awkward dance of trying to make sure they're looking my direction when I put the money in the jar.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
Have some patience, FFS.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2023, 07:51:01 AM »

I do sometimes tip people in those situations who provide particularly good service...but I end up going through that awkward dance of trying to make sure they're looking my direction when I put the money in the jar.

Reminds me of a scene from Seinfeld where Kramer (I think it was him) puts a tip into the jar just as the server turns away. Then he tries to retrieve it to do it again in the presence of the server, but this time he is literally caught with his hand in the jar. Great scene.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2023, 07:55:52 AM »
Reminds me of a scene from Seinfeld where Kramer (I think it was him) puts a tip into the jar just as the server turns away. Then he tries to retrieve it to do it again in the presence of the server, but this time he is literally caught with his hand in the jar. Great scene.

I just re watched that episode. George and it’s the Calzone restaurant for Steinbrenner’s lunch.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2023, 08:09:57 AM »
I just re watched that episode. George and it’s the Calzone restaurant for Steinbrenner’s lunch.

Thanks for the correction. It was hilarious, wasn't it?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 08:12:43 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

feedback