[Today at 09:40:38 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 08:02:41 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: % of Scoopers that can/could dunk?  (Read 3578 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: % of Scoopers that can/could dunk?
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2023, 09:44:35 AM »
Allegedly, the donut was invented when a cook on a ship served fried dough to the sailors and the dough in the center was not fully cooked, resulting in some sailors getting really sick. The hole in the center solved the problem after that, and the cook did not have to walk the plank.

Also, people who eat donuts as kids grow up to be taller as adults than those who do not.

You just made up that last sentence.  We will never truly be free Scoop Snoop until our shorter citizens are treated with respect. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 09:48:28 AM »
There are a dozen or more fried dough things or pastries that are vastly superior to 🍩.  It's not close. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 09:56:58 AM »
You just made up that last sentence.  We will never truly be free Scoop Snoop until our shorter citizens are treated with respect.

I thought the key word was diminutive. And no, I did not make it up. There have been numerous scientifically controlled university studies from all over the world that prove what I wrote. Just trust me on this Muggsy, OK? I can't find the studies at the moment. 
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2023, 10:01:47 AM »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2023, 10:06:19 AM »
I thought the key word was diminutive. And no, I did not make it up. There have been numerous scientifically controlled university studies from all over the world that prove what I wrote. Just trust me on this Muggsy, OK? I can't find the studies at the moment.

Uh-Huh. There are however studies that people who suffer from anxiety do live longer

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2023, 10:41:10 AM »

The statement seems legit to me. I ate donuts growing up, and I am taller than 6' and could dunk. Seems like eating donuts as a kid makes you taller and more likely to be able to dunk.

Also, I eat fewer donuts now, and am shrinking and can't dunk anymore. Seems like confirmation by scientific experiment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2023, 12:53:31 PM »
There are a dozen or more fried dough things or pastries that are vastly superior to 🍩.  It's not close.

Well, I will say that I prefer a good apple fritter to just an ordinary everyday donut. But I've also had a few incredible donuts that are superior.

As for dunking ... when I lived in suburban Minneapolis I had a friend who worked at the Y and, after hours, he'd sometimes lower the rims to 8 1/2 feet and we'd get 6-8 folks and play full court. It always turned into a dunk-a-thon. Good fun for a bunch of vertically challenged guys.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2023, 01:59:21 PM »
Uh-Huh. There are however studies that people who suffer from anxiety do live longer
But those without anxiety just don't give af
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2023, 02:23:37 PM »
Well, I will say that I prefer a good apple fritter to just an ordinary everyday donut. But I've also had a few incredible donuts that are superior.

I agree completely. And buttermilk bars.

There's a donut place along the MD/DE/NJ shore called The Fractured Prune that is outstanding.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2023, 02:29:39 PM »

Yeah. That's only because they drive everyone around them so crazy with their effin' anxieties that they commit suicide. Otherwise, calm, rational people would live longer. Nice goin' Muggs.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2023, 05:44:01 PM »
Yeah. That's only because they drive everyone around them so crazy with their effin' anxieties that they commit suicide. Otherwise, calm, rational people would live longer. Nice goin' Muggs.

Nope.  It's because we're more prone to seek help from doctors and ask a few questions. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2023, 06:12:09 PM »
Nope.  It's because we're more prone to seek help from doctors and ask a few questions.

I DO get the "seeking help" part.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2023, 06:22:19 PM »
I DO get the "seeking help" part.

Driving people crazy relaxes me a little bit.  :)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2023, 07:00:11 PM »
Scoopers dunking

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2023, 07:31:14 PM »
Don’t be silly. No one has a 50” vertical.

I also don’t get the obsession with dunking. I was a decent athlete - nothing great - but at 6’2.5” dunking is not a great accomplishment.

How many NBA Hall of Famers could not dunk Jockey?  Calvin Murphy? Archibald? Stockton?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2023, 07:40:15 PM »
Cousy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2023, 08:01:20 PM »
Cousy.

So there's been one?  Murphy had a 43.5 btw.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2023, 10:27:13 PM »
My brother played against Calvin Murphy in high school. I was there but too young to remember. My brother says Murphy did whatever he wanted, often dribbled through the whole team before making a variety of layups, scored 30+ points. And Murphy's team (Norwalk HS) crushed my bro's (Jonathan Law HS).

Murphy didn't dunk in the game. It was against the rules.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2023, 10:55:14 PM »
Better question is how many Scoopers could drunk. I'd put it north of 98%.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2023, 11:28:09 PM »
I can't dunk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2023, 08:48:49 AM »
My brother played against Calvin Murphy in high school. I was there but too young to remember. My brother says Murphy did whatever he wanted, often dribbled through the whole team before making a variety of layups, scored 30+ points. And Murphy's team (Norwalk HS) crushed my bro's (Jonathan Law HS).

Murphy didn't dunk in the game. It was against the rules.

Very disappointing there's not more video of him at Niagara.  He was clearly an incredible shooter and scorer.  He might have been a smaller Steph in this era?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 08:50:38 AM by MuggsyB »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2023, 09:45:55 AM »
Very disappointing there's not more video of him at Niagara.  He was clearly an incredible shooter and scorer.  He might have been a smaller Steph in this era?

Steph Curry is 1 of 1.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2023, 11:55:02 AM »
|

Calvin Murphy had 1 season in his career that he averaged more points...than Steph's career average (25.6 vs 24.8).  He played 4 seasons with the 3pt line and hit 10 3s...total.  As Hards said, Steph is 1 of 1 and the best shooter and potentially top 10-20 player of all time with unlimited range...that wasn't Murphy.  Comparing Murphy to him is unnecessary.  Murphy would be a better version of Isaiah Thomas (Kings and Cs Thomas, not Zeke).

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2023, 12:34:49 PM »
|

Calvin Murphy had 1 season in his career that he averaged more points...than Steph's career average (25.6 vs 24.8).  He played 4 seasons with the 3pt line and hit 10 3s...total.  As Hards said, Steph is 1 of 1 and the best shooter and potentially top 10-20 player of all time with unlimited range...that wasn't Murphy.  Comparing Murphy to him is unnecessary.  Murphy would be a better version of Isaiah Thomas (Kings and Cs Thomas, not Zeke).

Yes, but he would have been trained completely differently now and shoot way more threes. 

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2023, 02:51:32 PM »
Better question is how many Scoopers could drunk. I'd put it north of 98%.

I can't Dunk, but I did touch/grab the rim looooong time ago ! ! !  But I can definitely DRUNK ! ! ! I can DRUNK with the best of them ... Easy peasy for me, since I don't get Hangovers ! ! !  ;)  I know my son "hates" me for it..... LOL   8-)

feedback