[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is there a worst investment out there besides NIL basketball money?????  (Read 9609 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Is there a worst investment out there besides NIL basketball money?????
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2023, 07:13:11 PM »
It’s all ready registered as a 501 3c in wisconsin. It’s tax deductible status probably depends on other donations of the individual.

Its vs. it’s, but no.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2023, 07:31:03 PM »
Marquette is happily using Be The Difference in recruiting and retaining “student” athletes
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2023, 08:10:25 PM »
Marquette is happily using Be The Difference in recruiting and retaining “student” athletes

Jay Bee says "that's illegal"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2023, 08:12:17 PM »
Jay Bee says "thdat's illegal"

Corrected it for you

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2023, 08:16:51 PM »
Jay Bee says "that's illegal"

He should turn Marquette into the NCAA
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2023, 08:38:48 PM »
Quote from: Jay Bee link=topic=64704.msg1547046#msg1547046 date=
Oh, I have them straight. You used “Marquette’s”, which is possessive. And you claimed it as tax deductible.

Now you’re trying to walk back your claim… “yes, I said it’s a possession of Marquette’s, but I never said there was an affiliation with Marquette.”  Lol

We all understand that Be The Difference is a separate business organization that is not formally owned by Marquette University.

In other words, it's Marquette's collective in the same way Fiserv is Marquette's arena, Avenues West is Marquette's neighborhood, or Sodexo is Marquette's food service supplier.

Don't be so pedantic.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2023, 08:46:45 PM »
We all understand that Be The Difference is a separate business organization that is not formally owned by Marquette University.

In other words, it's Marquette's collective in the same way Fiserv is Marquette's arena, Avenues West is Marquette's neighborhood, or Sodexo is Marquette's food service supplier.

Don't be so pedantic.

Hey man, it's all he's got.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2023, 09:02:14 PM »

Don't be so pedantic.

No. This is wrong.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2023, 09:29:09 PM »
Quote from: Jay Bee link=topic=64704.msg1547072#msg1547072 date=
No. This is wrong.

#Fake News  #Lies.

Tyler COLEk

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2023, 11:22:11 PM »
Oh, I have them straight. You used “Marquette’s”, which is possessive. And you claimed it as tax deductible.

Now you’re trying to walk back your claim… “yes, I said it’s a possession of Marquette’s, but I never said there was an affiliation with Marquette.”  Lol

Coloquially referring to Be The Difference as “Marquette’s” NIL is 100% acceptable. Your line of argument is pedantic beyond belief. Reminds me of something you’d hear in an English 101 class discussion at MU.

muwarrior69

• All American
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-tuberville-bipartisan-introduce-bill-shake-college-sports

If passed Be the Difference would have to affiliate with Marquette.

El Guerrero 2

• Team Captain
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-tuberville-bipartisan-introduce-bill-shake-college-sports

If passed Be the Difference would have to affiliate with Marquette.

Who elected ducking Joe Manchin president of the NCAA? I hate this noise. U.S. Senators should have better things to do with their time. It is a sorry commentary on the state of our politics that they don’t.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Who elected ducking Joe Manchin president of the NCAA? I hate this noise. U.S. Senators should have better things to do with their time. It is a sorry commentary on the state of our politics that they don’t.

I don't disagree with your premise, but the answer to your question is the NCAA. They abdicated their responsibility in this domain years ago and instead lobbied Congress for a solution they couldn't come up with. Had they initiated NIL back in 2019 before this all took off, and started it with the caveat that players could not sign NIL deals until after serving a year in residence (similar to the already existent transfer year in residence rule) they would've not only provided a framework but made the "can't be used as a recruiting tool" notion something that actually worked.

Instead, they refused to take any action, preferring to deny any revenue to the players, instead keeping every last penny they could for the member institutions. NCAA greed is why we are where we are today, and why Manchin and Tuberville are trying to draft rules to oversee what the NCAA decided it couldn't.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
I don't disagree with your premise, but the answer to your question is the NCAA. They abdicated their responsibility in this domain years ago and instead lobbied Congress for a solution they couldn't come up with. Had they initiated NIL back in 2019 before this all took off, and started it with the caveat that players could not sign NIL deals until after serving a year in residence (similar to the already existent transfer year in residence rule) they would've not only provided a framework but made the "can't be used as a recruiting tool" notion something that actually worked.

Instead, they refused to take any action, preferring to deny any revenue to the players, instead keeping every last penny they could for the member institutions. NCAA greed is why we are where we are today, and why Manchin and Tuberville are trying to draft rules to oversee what the NCAA decided it couldn't.

For the Legal Eagles in here, won't this get knocked down as a State's Rights issue with state employment laws in play? 

It sounds too that this would legislate the NCAA as a legal monopoly like MLB?  Free from most FTC oversight?  And yet there is also the College Football Playoff organization which is not officially awarded by the NCAA (and NIL is all about football)?

As in all things, the lawyers will make money in this tangled web.  The NCAA are whores is the ket takeaway. Cheeks and Billy are rolling in their Scoop graves.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2023, 09:42:03 PM »
Marquette & Tyler have a joint post up selling Tyler gear.  The shirts features action shots of TK in MU uniform. 

The agent in me noticed the Jordan & Big East logos were both scrubbed out.  All MU marks remains. 

Our uniform actually looks clean.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUbiz

• Team Captain
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2023, 09:58:52 PM »
Marquette & Tyler have a joint post up selling Tyler gear.  The shirts features action shots of TK in MU uniform. 

The agent in me noticed the Jordan & Big East logos were both scrubbed out.  All MU marks remains. 

Our uniform actually looks clean.

https://twitter.com/KolekTyler/status/1694130517673668755

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2023, 05:10:55 AM »
Marquette & Tyler have a joint post up selling Tyler gear. 

Nope

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2023, 08:47:15 AM »
Poor wocky can't see it.

I can see individual linked posts fine, but If I go to Tyler's main feed, top post is from Feb 28.  BROKEN.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2023, 07:29:16 PM »
For the Legal Eagles in here, won't this get knocked down as a State's Rights issue with state employment laws in play? 

It sounds too that this would legislate the NCAA as a legal monopoly like MLB?  Free from most FTC oversight?  And yet there is also the College Football Playoff organization which is not officially awarded by the NCAA (and NIL is all about football)?

As in all things, the lawyers will make money in this tangled web.  The NCAA are whores is the ket takeaway. Cheeks and Billy are rolling in their Scoop graves.

..but the players are not employees?

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2023, 09:30:31 AM »
Nope

Marquette Basketball & Tyler have a joint post on IG. My one failing in life is I can’t post pictures on Scoop otherwise I’d screenshot it for you.  I don’t know why you’re saying nope. It’s easy to find / search.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2023, 09:37:07 AM »
Marquette Basketball & Tyler have a joint post on IG. My one failing in life is I can’t post pictures on Scoop otherwise I’d screenshot it for you.  I don’t know why you’re saying nope. It’s easy to find / search.

He's being pedantic. Marquette Basketball isn't "selling" Tyler Kolek gear. Their post is marketing that the Marquette NIL store is selling Tyler Kolek gear.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2023, 09:47:12 AM »

He's being pedantic. Marquette Basketball isn't "selling" Tyler Kolek gear. Their post is marketing that the Marquette NIL store is selling Tyler Kolek gear.

JB is a little man. And I say this as someone who is barely 5’8”.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2023, 10:26:05 AM »

A third party made a collab post, with Tyler & #muMbb sharing the post via the Instagram collab feature. Marquette isn’t selling anything.

I’m a touch over 6’, but sometimes identify as a kitty, so thanks for calling me small.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2023, 10:39:12 AM »
A third party made a collab post, with Tyler & #muMbb sharing the post via the Instagram collab feature. Marquette isn’t selling anything.

I’m a touch over 6’, but sometimes identify as a kitty, so thanks for calling me small.

You are missing the bigger picture, MU is working with their athletes to allow them to sell images that includes MU marks.  That's not insignificant.