'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Michigan St Discussion Game Time 4:15 CT  (Read 7024 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Michigan St Discussion Game Time 4:15 CT
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2023, 08:31:13 PM »
Doesn't matter.  A freshman was unhappy with system/usage and left.   No more, no less.  I cannot remember examples of freshmen winning that battle of wills.  Can you?
I guess it’s the battle of wills part I don’t get. Isn’t it just that they thought Wojo was a crap coach with a crap system and left. They were right about that. That’s why I don’t really get all the angst. Team wasn’t accomplishing crap either way.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2023, 08:35:19 PM »
I guess it’s the battle of wills part I don’t get. Isn’t it just that they thought Wojo was a crap coach with a crap system and left. They were right about that. That’s why I don’t really get all the angst. Team wasn’t accomplishing crap either way.

You don’t get all the angst, huh?  Whoosh
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2023, 08:39:05 PM »
They thought he was a crap coach and left.  OK.   And until this weekend, I had been rooting for Joey to do well, as I like the Spartans.   

Players were unhappy with roles/system/coach and left.  It happens everywhere all the time.  Which is what I have been saying for years now.

Why are you still so angry?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2023, 08:41:57 PM »
What do we know about Tyler’s thumb?  Did he jam it?  Or is it a cut?  How did it happen?  What’s the status?  Why don’t we know these things?

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2023, 08:44:08 PM »
What do we know about Tyler’s thumb?  Did he jam it?  Or is it a cut?  How did it happen?  What’s the status?  Why don’t we know these things?

He says it’s fine
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2023, 08:45:01 PM »

https://twitter.com/bensteelemjs/status/1637168664519606272?s=46&t=l1vc6TSY1U_dNmpst3zz_g

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2023, 08:48:36 PM »
From practice today.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2023, 08:48:49 PM »

We do know "these things."  He got it caught in the jersey of a Vermont player a minute into the game.  He is ready to roll for tomorrow.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2023, 08:52:49 PM »
What do we know about Tyler’s thumb? …What’s the status?  Why don’t we know these things?

I’m guessing it’s because Shaka doesn’t want Tom Izzo to know these things. We know he’s going to play. ‘Nuff said.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2023, 08:54:41 PM »
Yes, we don’t want MSU to know but Scoop should have the inside scoop.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2023, 08:58:05 PM »
We do know "these things."  He got it caught in the jersey of a Vermont player a minute into the game.  He is ready to roll for tomorrow.
It was injured before that, though, as evidenced by the video from the practice the day before...probably exacerbated it against Vermont.

Shaka had a tell in the press conference, watch him when the question about Kolek's thumb comes up.

Zero doubt TK plays because he's a tough, stubborn MFer. Just hope he is effective.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 09:55:39 PM by TSmith34, Inc. »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2023, 09:27:47 PM »
While peeing at the urinal today a another Marquette fan yelled “let’s end Joey’s career tomorrow!” 

He then followed it up with “actually I like Joey. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have Shaka”.

He’s not wrong.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2023, 10:09:36 PM »
My CBS app is showing 74% of bets are on Marquette to cover the -2.5.
VIOLENCE!

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2023, 10:19:48 PM »
They thought he was a crap coach and left.  OK.   And until this weekend, I had been rooting for Joey to do well, as I like the Spartans.   

Players were unhappy with roles/system/coach and left.  It happens everywhere all the time.  Which is what I have been saying for years now.

Why are you still so angry?

I sense no angst from Rico.  A question was asked and answered.  Then, scoop happened.

DavidBoone2InchesTaller was a Senior Message Board Poster at MarquetteHoops.com for 17 yrs.. He made over 10,000 posts with an accuracy rate of 99.9%. Incredibly this means since 2006 he made less than 3 inaccurate statements, earning him the nickname "Top Gun Poster" among his peers.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2023, 10:41:51 PM »
Doesn't matter.  A freshman was unhappy with system/usage and left.   No more, no less.  I cannot remember examples of freshmen winning that battle of wills.  Can you?

Respectfully disagree. When I was a freshman, our intramural inner tube water polo coach wanted us to wait to go to TheGym until after the match. We said screw that and went before AND after.
And we scored several goals on the way to a double digit loss. Showed him!

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2023, 12:42:55 AM »
Must be some heads exploding in Badgerland Fandom today. Do they root for Tom Izzo and the Hausers, all of whom they hate,  or do they root for Marrquette, whom they probably hate more.

What a dilema.

Dribbles,
This is quite the dilemma for UW. My guess is they will treat this situation like they treated their own embarrassing Athletic Department for more than half of the 20th century with an arrogant froth of carefree athletic illiteracy. An ignorance that generated their grand slogan - "F*ck'em Bucky" among a fan base that found lackluster play in all of their sports acceptable as Crazy Legs ripped them off for millions. They were like an arrogant rodent with its eyes caught in the headlights.

I imagine they will act similarly tomorrow when the 'Quette plays Sparty. Arrogant, indecisive, carefree, and ignorant.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 06:00:53 AM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »
DavidBoone2InchesTaller was a Senior Message Board Poster at MarquetteHoops.com for 17 yrs.. He made over 10,000 posts with an accuracy rate of 99.9%. Incredibly this means since 2006 he made less than 3 inaccurate statements, earning him the nickname "Top Gun Poster" among his peers.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2023, 02:06:20 AM »
Looking at a few common opponents for MSU/MU this year.

Villanova
Marquette 68 Villanova 66
Marquette 73 Villanova 64

Michigan State 73 Villanova 71

Wisconsin
Wisconsin 80 Marquette 77

Michigan State 69 Wisconsin 65

Notre Dame
Marquette 79 Notre Dame 64

Notre Dame 70 Michigan State 52
VIOLENCE!

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2023, 06:37:22 AM »
I sense no angst from Rico.  A question was asked and answered.  Then, scoop happened.
You sense no angst from Rita because he is senseless
Thank you  I will be here all day.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2023, 06:55:34 AM »
I very much was a fan of the Hauser boys, especially Sam, while they were at MU, but I hope MU brings a very quick and sad end to Joey’s collegiate career tomorrow.
Yeah. Joey needs to put on the stretching rack until bones start popping.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2023, 07:30:07 AM »
Quite sensible. No angst because he is baked, perhaps...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2023, 08:09:02 AM »
Nm
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:11:20 AM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2023, 08:13:37 AM »

Willie, I have to admit that one was pretty good. It was not rim shot nor mic drop material, but still pretty good.

However, when that first joke about Rico is coupled with your second joke about "Joey on a Stretcher Rack", you seem to be on a solid roll with very good material.

Let me add a third joke for you to enhance your comedy repertoire so that all three jokes together will become a curtain closer for you.

Here's your comedy stage routine itinerary:

1. Rico Has No Sense joke.
2. Joey On A Stretcher Rack joke.
(Brief pause for rim shot)
3. Willie Warrior joke (see just below).

Willie Warrior proudly walks into a bar and everyone stops and stares because he's the local Chief.
Suddenly the Saloon door swings open and a bear walks in right behind Willie Warrior.
Mass panic ensues among the patrons of the establishment. People start screaming and ask Willie Warrior to get this giant wild animal out of the bar as soon as possible.
"Please get it out before it eats us", they yell.
Then, with his powerful booming voice Willie Warrior tells the crowd of frightened patrons, "Calm down. Bear with me."

Pause.
4. Drop Mic.
5. Curtains close.

This post just happened!!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 08:23:15 AM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2023, 08:22:39 AM »
We haven't beaten MSU since something like 1959, right?
So let's make this the year we exorcise all our demons demons at once.

Here's the Lansing State Journal preview:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2023/03/18/michigan-state-basketball-vs-marquette-ncaa-tournament-prediction-how-to-watch-listen-bet/70024483007/
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2023, 08:23:13 AM »
Yeah. Joey needs to put on the stretching rack until bones start popping.

Based on some comments on this board, if that were to happen, I don’t think it would take long for several scoopers to pop a bon…

Oh, you said “bones.” Never mind.

He was a kid playing for a crappy coach who wanted out. People need to get over it. Do I want MU to beat him (and MSU)? Of course. Crush them and shut Joey down. Just like I want them to win every game and shut down other teams’ best players. Okay, okay, maybe a little more with this one. But some people are a bit over the top.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2023, 08:25:45 AM »
Must be some heads exploding in Badgerland Fandom today. Do they root for Tom Izzo and the Hausers, all of whom they hate,  or do they root for Marrquette, whom they probably hate more.

What a dilema.
F%$k Badger fans and No Dick fans also.

feedback