[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Quarter For MSU & Joey "Sir Shoots-A-lot" Hauser  (Read 3481 times)

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
No Quarter For MSU & Joey "Sir Shoots-A-lot" Hauser
« on: March 17, 2023, 04:20:07 PM »
I'm hoping this game exposes the 'Quette as being much better off with the players and coach we have now, which we definitely are. The transfer of Shoots will be proven to be a true blessing in disguise.

I would trade the transfer of Shoots for Smart Coach and our current players all day long.

You have to wonder if the NCAA Selection Committee bracketed this potential game on purpose like they sometimes do in the first round to create interest.

For the 'Quette fans at the game, please don't hold back at MSU and Shoots.. Show no quarter from the seats toward this goof!

We are 'da 'Quette. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 05:54:02 PM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »
DavidBoone2InchesTaller was a Senior Message Board Poster at MarquetteHoops.com for 17 yrs.. He made over 10,000 posts with an accuracy rate of 99.9%. Incredibly this means since 2006 he made less than 3 inaccurate statements, earning him the nickname "Top Gun Poster" among his peers.

willie warrior

• All American
Re: No Quarter For MSU & Joey "Sir Shoots-A-Alot" Hauser
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 04:25:47 PM »
I'm hoping this game exposes the 'Quette as being much better off with the players and coach we have now, which we definitely are. The transfer of Shoots will be proven to be a true blessing in disguise.

I would trade the transfer of Shoots for Smart Coach and or current players all day long.

You have to wonder if the NCAA Selection Committee bracketed this potential game on purpose like they sometimes do in the first round to create interest.

For the 'Quette fans at the game, please don't hold back at MSU and Shoots.. Show no quarter from the seats toward this goof!

We are 'da 'Quette.
Let us not forget that the insubordination Hauser was the leading force of Wojos demise, which subsequently gave the program the best coach since Al McGuire.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2023, 04:29:57 PM »
Let us not forget that the insubordination Hauser was the leading force of Wojos demise, which subsequently gave the program the best coach since Al McGuire.

Right.  Give Joey a big fruit basket.   

Writing "the letter" was a big step on the path of Un-Wojoizing Marquette, leading to Shaka.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 04:31:04 PM »
I don’t think a single person in this program gives a flying f*** about Joey. And that’s probably for the best.

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 04:51:15 PM »
I don’t think a single person in this program gives a flying f*** about Joey. And that’s probably for the best.

Amen brother!
DavidBoone2InchesTaller was a Senior Message Board Poster at MarquetteHoops.com for 17 yrs.. He made over 10,000 posts with an accuracy rate of 99.9%. Incredibly this means since 2006 he made less than 3 inaccurate statements, earning him the nickname "Top Gun Poster" among his peers.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 11:02:30 AM »
Quote from: DavidBoone2inchesTaller link=topic=64620.msg1536043#msg1536043 date=

I would trade the transfer of Shoots for Smart Coach and our current players all day long.

We are 'da 'Quette.

First, with several hundred transfers per year, how would the committee consider them when building their S Curve and seeding teams?  If it were a factor, it would be for every team with a transfer in the tournament.

Then, what does it say about the importance of your schedule, your NET, your Quad 1 wins, etc, if the committee is going to move you around (even if it's to a different region) simply to create a grudge match? 

Then consider why they would add additional complexity when they have a difficult enough task difficulty moving teams to avoid intra-conference matchups, avoiding rematches between teams who have already played each other, and keeping teams as close to home as possible

It's purely chance.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 11:05:46 AM »
Exactly.  For more importance to a few hundred MU fans than to the NCAA.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 12:35:18 PM »

People on Scoop should feel the same way. I never understood why there are a couple thousand posts in the Hauser thread. They said FU to Marquette. They don’t matter.

Greg Elliot is a different story. He’s still the same player, but I really hope he advances to the Sweet 16 even if the chances are slim.

panda

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 12:58:53 PM »
People on Scoop should feel the same way. I never understood why there are a couple thousand posts in the Hauser thread. They said FU to Marquette. They don’t matter.

Greg Elliot is a different story. He’s still the same player, but I really hope he advances to the Sweet 16 even if the chances are slim.

Actually Wojo said F u to the hausers

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 01:10:50 PM »

Straight talk. I used to. No reason to now.

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2023, 01:18:14 PM »
To be clear, I only posted a topic about MSU and Shoots because we play MSU tomorrow. Otherwise I could give a sh* and I have been very critical of any topic about these losers.. It's fellow posters like The Sultan of Semantics that seem obsessed with both Hauser bros: Chucks and Shoots.

I am looking forward to the 'Quette beating MSU tomorrow so some posters finally wake up and realize we were much better off with both out of them out of the program. Spoiled brats, both of them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 01:22:06 PM by DavidBoone2inchesTaller »

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 01:22:18 PM »
It would be more of grudge match if Wojo and Howard were still at Marquette. 

Of purse if Wojo was still at Marquette, we wouldn’t still be playing.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 03:22:48 PM »
Right.  Give Joey a big fruit basket.   

Writing "the letter" was a big step on the path of Un-Wojoizing Marquette, leading to Shaka.
I agree, except the fruit basket should be a turd basket.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2023, 03:28:23 PM »
To be clear, I only posted a topic about MSU and Shoots because we play MSU tomorrow. Otherwise I could give a sh* and I have been very critical of any topic about these losers.. It's fellow posters like The Sultan of Semantics that seem obsessed with both Hauser bros: Chucks and Shoots.

I am looking forward to the 'Quette beating MSU tomorrow so some posters finally wake up and realize we were much better off with both out of them out of the program. Spoiled brats, both of them.

I wasn’t criticizing your post, Boones.

Just others in another thread.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2023, 03:35:15 PM »

Dont think you have an accurate picture of that situation. Calling Hausergate brothers "losers", "spoiled brats" etc. without any reference to Wojo and Markus part in the fiasco leaves a big gap in what happened. The Hausers were Wisconsin kids who wanted to play at MU, saw some issues in chemistry, tries to get it addressed and Wojo failed to resolve it and appeared to not do anything to resolve it. So they left and get all the blame. I would submit that Wojos useless style of leadership and inability to put the team on the right "trajectory"  during that fiasco were the most significant contribution to his  getting paid by MU for three more years without coaching.
Bottom line: Wojo screwed that fiasco up

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2023, 03:38:23 PM »
Dont think you have an accurate picture of that situation. Calling Hausergate brothers "losers", "spoiled brats" etc. without any reference to Wojo and Markus part in the fiasco leaves a big gap in what happened. The Hausers were Wisconsin kids who wanted to play at MU, saw some issues in chemistry, tries to get it addressed and Wojo failed to resolve it and appeared to not do anything to resolve it. So they left and get all the blame. I would submit that Wojos useless style of leadership and inability to put the team on the right "trajectory"  during that fiasco were the most significant contribution to his  getting paid by MU for three more years without coaching.

Virginia hasn’t won a tournament game since Sam Hauser arrived in campus.  Coincidence?  I don’t think so
Ramsey will bring Marquette great glory

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2023, 04:46:48 PM »

Very fair points. But we ain't playin' Coach W. or Markus tomorrow are we? Until we do, I really don't care about them*. If the ''Quette ever plays Coach W. or Markus in some capacity I will let them have it as well. Until then, I stand by what I say... Shoots Hauser is a spoiled brat.

*The one exception about Coach W. is the 100 year Anniversary event.  Not only did it accurately showcase MU basketball history in all its glory, it gave the fan base the chance to heal old wounds with the "Tan One" over the I,I comment and "Our Kev" over leaving for UT. I thought that was outstanding and I credit Coach W. for it all. So I will always wish him well.

But as I said if Coach W. is ever the enemy. I will gladly let him have it.

Now, back to the Spoiled Brats...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2023, 04:55:37 PM »
If we win tomorrow, it's time to let go.

Frankly, if we lose Sunday, we need to let go as well.

Coach Wojo was our second choice back when we hired him. Coach Shaka wasn't ready for Milwaukee and Marquette ... yet. Coach Wojo did the best he could but, sadly, he wasn't up to the task. So he walked away with enough money to carry him the rest of life and, I hope, will give him the chance to be like Rick Majerus and have a good second run as a coach. I wish him nothing but the best -- and we all should too.

Coach Shaka is the real deal and I'm delighted we finally have him.

As for the members of our team tomorrow, good Warriorship means we treat them as the enemy. Joey is no different than any other enemy! They must be conquered.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2023, 05:04:34 PM »

We are 'da 'Quette.

I like your sentiment, but prefer the full "Marquette." After all, We are... Marquette!

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2023, 05:25:30 PM »
This whole thing is puzzling to me. This happened like what, four years ago? That’s when I let the Hausers go. I don’t see why we wouldn’t treat MSU and Joey like any other opposing team- why would fans give them any quarter - they are Evil and must be Conquered….if MSU wins, I’m not going to be happy for Joey, I’d still hope they lose because they are the Big 14….

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2023, 07:10:19 PM »
If we win tomorrow, it's time to let go.

Frankly, if we lose Sunday, we need to let go as well.

Coach Wojo was our second choice back when we hired him. Coach Shaka wasn't ready for Milwaukee and Marquette ... yet. Coach Wojo did the best he could but, sadly, he wasn't up to the task. So he walked away with enough money to carry him the rest of life and, I hope, will give him the chance to be like Rick Majerus and have a good second run as a coach. I wish him nothing but the best -- and we all should too.

Coach Shaka is the real deal and I'm delighted we finally have him.

As for the members of our team tomorrow, good Warriorship means we treat them as the enemy. Joey is no different than any other enemy! They must be conquered.

Joey will be working for Enterprise in a few months.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2023, 07:43:15 PM »
This whole thing is puzzling to me. This happened like what, four years ago? That’s when I let the Hausers go. I don’t see why we wouldn’t treat MSU and Joey like any other opposing team- why would fans give them any quarter - they are Evil and must be Conquered….if MSU wins, I’m not going to be happy for Joey, I’d still hope they lose because they are the Big 14….
Yeah. He was like 19 and it didn't work out in a situation with a lot of pressure. As far as I know he never got in trouble at Marquette (punched another student, sexually harassed anyone, etc). I chalk it up him being young and woj not leading the team.  No reason to hate on a young kid that no longer impacts us.

PointWarrior

• All American
Re: No Quarter For MSU & Joey "Sir Shoots-A-lot" Hauser
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2023, 12:50:38 AM »
During the MSU-USC game, they panned a to the Hauser parents a ridiculous number of times.  Looking forward to the same on Sunday but ending with Hauser tears.

panda

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 07:45:27 AM »
During the MSU-USC game, they panned a to the Hauser parents a ridiculous number of times.  Looking forward to the same on Sunday but ending with Hauser tears.

Do you think the mom will wear a split jersey with Marquette and Michigan state

DavidBoone2inchesTaller

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2023, 08:30:45 AM »

If this happens I am calling "curtains" right now on the post of the year contest. This post above will certainly be it.

feedback