collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Marquette bar in Paris  (Read 768 times)

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
Marquette bar in Paris
« on: March 13, 2023, 01:57:49 PM »
I will be in Paris for work during the S16 and E8.

If MU makes it that far, does anyone know the best place to watch a game in Paris, especially where other MU folks--even just study abroad students--might be watching as well?

JWags85

• All American
Re: Marquette bar in Paris
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 02:33:10 PM »
Eagerly await any response to this.  Not only to swing by when I'm in Paris later this year to see what its like, but also that the idea of such a place in Paris is pretty amusing.

I remember trying to find a spot to watch WC matches in Paris back in 2014, and a few bars were almost disgusted at the thought of people watching sports in it, and thats the World Cup in a soccer mad city/country.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 03:08:55 PM »
If you are in specific need of somewhere that may have the college hoops games, an option is a Canadian Pub called The Moose. It’s centrally located, in Latin Quarter, about 5.5 miles East of Roland Garros. They televise a variety of American sports.

Speaking of Canada, there is a little place across the Seine River called the Great Canadian Pub. They would put it on if they can get it if you ask.

I’d also try:

The Frog and the Underground.
Frog Hop House
Le Long Hop

You would need to ask some of these places to put it on for you.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 11:11:52 AM »
I was going to say WOS (Wide Open Spaces), since it was the designated Packer Bar in Paris, but it looks like they closed in 2020 during Covid.  Unfortunately that would have probably been your best bet.
Wide Open Space Bar (WOS Bar) (Paris) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (tripadvisor.com)
Wos Bar (@Wosbar) / Twitter

Someone else mentioned The Long Hop, which is a decent sports bar.  I've only been there for soccer matches though.
THE LONG HOP - Bar Pub Paris | Live sports, Beers, Latin Corner Paris (the-long-hop.com)

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 11:20:42 AM »
Just remembered I was actually in Paris during the NCAA tournament one year, and I found a place called Belushi's by Gare du Nord that carried all the games.  It was definitely a younger crowd though, and seemed like it was going to turn into a dance club as soon as the games were over.
Bar in Paris Gare Du Nord | Belushi's Bars (belushis.com)

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 04:26:31 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I've actually been to a couple of these in past years looking for NFL games, so no reason it won't work for CBB, especially with all the study abroad kids scattered around Paris.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 04:54:43 PM »
If it helps, here is the info on the NMD watch party in Paris last month.  It also has contact info for the person organizing it.  That's who I would touch base with.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Z98P9g3YuA8cZ5IMr2OUG2Vf1HNepqc&ll=48.853524999999955%2C2.338894399999991&z=8
Have some patience, FFS.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 05:06:09 PM »
If it helps, here is the info on the NMD watch party in Paris last month.  It also has contact info for the person organizing it.  That's who I would touch base with.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1Z98P9g3YuA8cZ5IMr2OUG2Vf1HNepqc&ll=48.853524999999955%2C2.338894399999991&z=8

Helps very much. THANK YOU!

feedback