[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Be the Difference  (Read 1029 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Be the Difference
« on: March 12, 2023, 07:15:57 AM »
With all the excitement winning the BET this might seem a little off topic. I have been watching those MU promotional adds over many seasons now. Are they real students in those adds. If so do they audition?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: Be the Difference
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 10:39:12 AM »
I've wondered about that too. I hope they are students but understand completely if actors were chosen for the promos. To me, the final quality of the promo needs to the determining factor. That most likely means professional actors. The promos are really good and focus on the student's/actor's excitement rather than spending too much time on the university's offerings. I like that personal appeal approach.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 10:54:25 AM »
Pretty sure they are students who are paid.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 11:49:21 AM »

If the promos are university made, I'd be shocked if the students are paid. I know many students (including myself, back in the day) that have been in such promos over the years, none were paid. Most didn't even know they were featured until they saw it on TV.

Students sign over permission to use their NIL for university purposes when they agree to enroll.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 12:03:40 PM »

I would really like that and hope it's true. The girl getting accepted and her contagious enthusiasm in the promo simply seems to me to be a performance by a professional actor but again...if she is really a student, great!
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 12:26:40 PM »
If the promos are university made, I'd be shocked if the students are paid. I know many students (including myself, back in the day) that have been in such promos over the years, none were paid. Most didn't even know they were featured until they saw it on TV.

Students sign over permission to use their NIL for university purposes when they agree to enroll.

Sounds like a law suit.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 08:10:34 PM »
Just want to say, I thought MU’s new commercial was great. They’ve stepped up their game in that regard.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 03:58:43 PM »
Just want to say, I thought MU’s new commercial was great. They’ve stepped up their game in that regard.

On a related note, Georgetown's is so, so tired. They've been using the same commercial since at least my daughter's freshman year (2017). When I used to stream their volleyball games, this is all they played during any breaks in the action...back, to back, to back... I've probably seen (or more accurately heard) that damn commercial a thousand times. Marquette's is so much better than Georgetown's.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lostpassword

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 09:51:39 PM »
On a related note, Georgetown's is so, so tired. They've been using the same commercial since at least my daughter's freshman year (2017). When I used to stream their volleyball games, this is all they played during any breaks in the action...back, to back, to back... I've probably seen (or more accurately heard) that damn commercial a thousand times. Marquette's is so much better than Georgetown's.

That's because they can't make a new one. There are clips in there of people having a good time watching GTown basketball.  There is no more recent footage.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 10:34:07 PM »

I never saw a video with SO many backs-of-heads! Wonder who the genius was who came up with that idea.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 12:05:20 AM »
I think Xavier's is pretty original.  It has more of a humorous tone.  I am not sure this is it, but it is very similar to what I saw when I was rewatching the game yesterday.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cO4LlqGKx7Q&amp;ab_channel=XavierUniversity" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cO4LlqGKx7Q&amp;ab_channel=XavierUniversity</a>
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 07:43:48 AM »
I never saw a video with SO many backs-of-heads! Wonder who the genius was who came up with that idea.

Which is ironic because the video is named, "Georgetown Faces"
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 07:45:34 AM »
Which is ironic because the video is named, "Georgetown Faces"

Given the quality of basketball there, you sure the second word of that title isn't Feces?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 08:17:16 AM »
I think Xavier's is pretty original.  It has more of a humorous tone.  I am not sure this is it, but it is very similar to what I saw when I was rewatching the game yesterday.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cO4LlqGKx7Q&amp;ab_channel=XavierUniversity" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cO4LlqGKx7Q&amp;ab_channel=XavierUniversity</a>

I agree Chick. It's fun but it conveys a very strong message about the quality of Xavier's grads.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023, 09:49:06 AM »

The Musketeer Mindset - That one is new for this school year.

feedback