[Today at 11:42:11 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OMG!  (Read 10032 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Re: OMG!
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2023, 11:57:56 AM »
What’s wrong with Dentists?

I don’t get it 🤪

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2023, 11:58:51 AM »
Fluff

Interesting that someone had posts removed and a thread locked and returned to the same topic? I agree.

You know Fluff, the old fence sitter.  Never a strong opinion either way.  Lesser men would call him "milk toast", but he hasn't taken a side on sliced bread.

As for 1 ball, the dude has 8000+ posts and no one remembers his old user name.  Irrelevance defined.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2023, 12:10:43 PM »

I don’t get it 🤪
They sux...
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2023, 12:11:13 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2023, 12:19:21 PM »
Crean doesn’t particularly stand out as an analyst, but he’s a salesman and has the gift of gab, so he’ll have a Lavin-esque career in tv, I think.

Wojo, on the other hand, is awful.  He likely signed a one year contract and that’s the only reason the network is still running him out there this late in the season.  Shaka’s press conferences are a revelation after 7 years of watching Wojo sweat and mumble his way through media availability while snipping at reporters and making every excuse in the book as to why the team wasn’t winning.  Boy, did he ever suck as Marquette’s coach!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2023, 12:39:06 PM »
After having a thread locked down last week over your post over the dentists, I seriously cannot believe you would double down on the "dentist". Frickin joke.
Your need to act as the Scoop Hall Monitor is quite something.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2023, 12:42:22 PM »
Crean doesn’t particularly stand out as an analyst, but he’s a salesman and has the gift of gab, so he’ll have a Lavin-esque career in tv, I think.

Wojo, on the other hand, is awful.  He likely signed a one year contract and that’s the only reason the network is still running him out there this late in the season.  Shaka’s press conferences are a revelation after 7 years of watching Wojo sweat and mumble his way through media availability while snipping at reporters and making every excuse in the book as to why the team wasn’t winning. Boy, did he ever suck as Marquette’s coach!

In retrospect, I am wondering if he has a career playing piano?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2023, 12:53:04 PM »
Your need to act as the Scoop Hall Monitor is quite something.

🐷🐷

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2023, 01:03:27 PM »

I don’t get it 🤪

Scoop is a noted haven for anti-dentites. 

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2023, 01:07:04 PM »
Thanks to Coach Crean for bringing Diener, Wade, Novak & the 3 Amigos to MU. The Final 4 run. Positioning us for a move to the BIG EAST that continues to pay off to this day. For making peace with the university and continuing to be an advocate for Marquette.

Thanks to Coach Wojo for accepting the buyout and beginning a new life as a hot yoga enthusiast in Utah.

I agree with this analysis.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2023, 01:09:06 PM »
MOPES and COLES spend a lot of time on the past, good or bad
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2023, 01:20:43 PM »
I moved on from the Wojo era the day he was let go. Really have no feelings about him and grateful MU pulled the trigger and relieved him of duties. Even more grateful for the hire they made.

This.  'Nuff said.

Back to Big East Tournament anticipation.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2023, 02:18:59 PM »
The host asked about their greatest Conference Tournament achievement.

Crean said losing to UAB to give them time to regroup and start their Final 4 run in 2003.

Wojo said ‘watching’ JJ Reddick explode on the scene as a freshman and win the ACC Conference Tournament.

How embarrassing!!!  Lol

😂

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2023, 03:34:09 PM »
The host asked about their greatest Conference Tournament achievement.

Crean said losing to UAB to give them time to regroup and start their Final 4 run in 2003.

Wojo said ‘watching’ JJ Reddick explode on the scene as a freshman and win the ACC Conference Tournament.

How embarrassing!!!  Lol

😂

That's pretty pathetic but not at all surprising. 

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2023, 03:59:08 PM »
If Tom Crean is named AD after Scholl retires, I'm good for it. 

If he wanted to be our Barry with a strong staff of lieutenants around him, I think he would be great. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2023, 04:01:27 PM »
If Tom Crean is named AD after Scholl retires, I'm good for it. 

If he wanted to be our Barry with a strong staff of lieutenants around him, I think he would be great. 

No thanks. Barry wasn't very good and my guess is Tom wouldn't be either.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2023, 04:07:23 PM »

Teal? I mean the guy oversaw WI for 2 final fours, 4 rose bowls, a hockey championship and runner up, 2 WVB runner ups and a championship.

Idk about the rest of WI sports but I'd happily take that type of performance under any admin whether they're an a$$ or not
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2023, 04:08:17 PM »

Barry's hoops team when to 2 Final Fours, he just hired Luke Fickel and his football team has three four Rose Bowls since he left the sidelines. 

AD's are fundraisers and heads of state for big state dinners.  MU has some very good people "under" Scholl.  They can keep the train on the tracks while Tom shakes some trees for cash.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 04:10:41 PM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2023, 04:19:03 PM »
Barry's hoops team when to 2 Final Fours, he just hired Luke Fickel and his football team has three four Rose Bowls since he left the sidelines. 

AD's are fundraisers and heads of state for big state dinners.  MU has some very good people "under" Scholl.  They can keep the train on the tracks while Tom shakes some trees for cash.

Barry didn't hire Luke Fickell.  Chris McIntosh has been AD for over a year.  Nor did he hire Bo Ryan.

Barry wasn't very good. Believe me they were behind in A LOT of areas when he left and McIntosh has been playing catch up since.  The model you are talking about, where you can slot a former coach in just to raise money, went out of style about two decades ago.  Hire a professional AD, who runs a competent and contemporary athletic department, and the money will follow.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2023, 04:21:22 PM »

Barry didn't hire Luke Fickell.  Chris McIntosh has been AD for over a year.  Nor did he hire Bo Ryan.

Barry wasn't very good. Believe me they were behind in A LOT of areas when he left and McIntosh has been playing catch up since.  The model you are talking about, where you can slot a former coach in just to raise money, went out of style about two decades ago.  Hire a professional AD, who runs a competent and contemporary athletic department, and the money will follow.

If you believe that Luke Fickel got to UW without Barry Alvarez...

panda

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2023, 04:22:07 PM »

Trust the man - he's the number one Badger fan around these parts.

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2023, 04:23:22 PM »

LOL.  Luke Fickell got to UW without Barry Alvarez.  It was McIntosh working with the football booster whose name escapes me that got him to Madison. Barry's been unplugged and sitting down in Naples since he left.

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2023, 04:25:56 PM »
My overall point is that when Scholl retires, they should be in a great place to hire a competent athletic director from another institution. IMO you have an alumnus at Loyola Marymount who is very highly regarded, with a great background at multiple institutions.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2023, 04:30:41 PM »
Sultan is right.

Barry was also involved in the Bo massage scandal, both were banging the same woman or something.   Can't remember exactly.

McIntosh has full control over UW athletics.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2023, 04:34:51 PM »
Sultan is right.

Barry was also involved in the Bo massage scandal, both were banging the same woman or something.   Can't remember exactly.

McIntosh has full control over UW athletics.

Yup.  McIntosh has the moneyed interests in his pocket at the moment.  It’d be better for Badger hating if Barry was still around to be honest
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback