[June 09, 2024, 08:44:46 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA Tickets/Planning  (Read 2235 times)

DoctorV

• All American
NCAA Tickets/Planning
« on: March 05, 2023, 12:28:22 PM »
This will be my first time traveling to watch Marquette in the NCAA tourney.
I’ve never been to a tourney game, didn’t get to any of the Milwaukee ones either.

I’m starting the planning process and advice would be helpful.

Tickets- packages thru MU? Directly from the venue website? StubHub/Ticketmaster? If Marquette offers packages, they usually go on sale the Monday after Selection Sunday?

I’ve heard/read that it makes sense to pre-book hotels at the likely sites so I plan on doing that, hopefully they offer cancelation up to 3 days prior.
Des Moines or Columbus are drivable for me, otherwise I’m assuming the sooner the better on flights.

Thanks for the info in advance. Hopefully we get a nice Marquette crowd in the Big Dance

i71_dawg

• Scholarship Player
Re: NCAA Tickets/Planning
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 07:46:19 AM »
I'm hoping to attend my first NCAA tournament too....but only if they play in Columbus.

My understanding is that tickets directly through MU are only for MU season-ticket holders.

My plan is to go through Stubhub or another similar app/website.  I'm sure they'll be a lot more info posted on here and elsewhere once we know for sure where MUBB is headed next week.
MUBB fan for nearly 30 years

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 08:29:35 AM »
Round 1 should be Pennie’s on the dollar compared to these effin BEast tix!!! Fml
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 08:53:41 AM »
You may know this, but something that seems to always come up. The tickets are in sessions and not individual games. So for the first round, there are two games per session. I don’t think we will know the times until late Sunday night. The second round is just one session for both games.

Depending on your risk threshold, I would go to StubHub and buy both first round sessions as soon as the location is announced. I know Milwaukee has some of the better attendance (obviously with UW there it helps), but I think it would be reasonably easy to sell the session MU isn’t in. Or you can just go to both.

I’d keep an eye out for other schools at the location. If a good school that’s close is also there, they may buy up a lot of tickets. That’s why I’d jump on buying as soon as the location is known.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 09:02:59 AM »
Good point.

Like todays Athletic bracket had Marquette as the 3 in the Midwest playing in Columbus with Houston, Texas, Miami as the 1,2,4.
Not terrible imo even though Miami is very good and Houston is a juggernaut.

Problem is, the 6 seed was Kentucky.
That’s kind of a nightmare imo for multiple reasons, but the main one being that Kentucky fans are probably one of the few traveling fanbases that would make that location a road game, and they would be in the same session as Marquette so it would spike up all the prices.

Fun and juicy matchup, the buzz would be great if the matchup happened and they both advanced beyond game 1, but the logistics become harder and the challenge greater having to face UK in the Midwest

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 09:04:01 AM »
You may know this, but something that seems to always come up. The tickets are in sessions and not individual games. So for the first round, there are two games per session. I don’t think we will know the times until late Sunday night. The second round is just one session for both games.

Depending on your risk threshold, I would go to StubHub and buy both first round sessions as soon as the location is announced. I know Milwaukee has some of the better attendance (obviously with UW there it helps), but I think it would be reasonably easy to sell the session MU isn’t in. Or you can just go to both.

I’d keep an eye out for other schools at the location. If a good school that’s close is also there, they may buy up a lot of tickets. That’s why I’d jump on buying as soon as the location is known.

In 2003, my sister and I (both MU grads) couldn't get tickets from MU. So she called Pittsburgh and we got six tickets to the Minneapolis regional finals (both days) from Pitt -- and a t-shirt. No, we did not wear the Pitt Panther to the game and we were vocal Marquette fans!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 09:05:23 AM »
Good point.

Like todays Athletic bracket had Marquette as the 3 in the Midwest playing in Columbus with Houston, Texas, Miami as the 1,2,4.
Not terrible imo even though Miami is very good and Houston is a juggernaut.

Problem is, the 6 seed was Kentucky.
That’s kind of a nightmare imo for multiple reasons, but the main one being that Kentucky fans are probably one of the few traveling fanbases that would make that location a road game, and they would be in the same session as Marquette so it would spike up all the prices.

Fun and juicy matchup, the buzz would be great if the matchup happened and they both advanced beyond game 1, but the logistics become harder and the challenge greater having to face UK in the Midwest

Miami? Try Orlando.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 09:05:48 AM »
I'm booking our hotel for Columbus today. Usually I would get tickets through MU, but I can't make the round of 64, only the Sat/Sunday round of 32 (if we win of course). I plan on using StubHub, which I have used in the past and has been smooth.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 09:10:26 AM »
Miami? Try Orlando.

University of Miami as the 4 seed.
Marquette the 3 playing in Columbus.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 09:27:41 AM »

I think what he’s getting at is that if you’re looking at buying tickets for the first round all that matters is the teams in MU’s 4 team pod. If they are a 3 seed in Columbus the other fanbases looking for tickets in that session would be the 6, 11, and 14 seeds.

Of the teams projected as the possible 5-7 seeds, I think having Kentucky as the 6 would be the worst possible in terms of competition for tickets and as a home crowd disadvantage if MU were to play them in the second round.

Tickets for the second round are going to be much more expensive because you’re likely to have four teams with fanbases that all think their teams are pretty good, including some that don’t have far to travel, like Purdue and Kentucky and have an easier time going on the weekend.

One year when they were games at the BC I was walking to the games from the parking lot and some guy decked out in Iowas State gear offered me $250 each for my two tickets. I was tempted but decided I wanted to see the games.

If you would go to the second round if MU wins you might want to buy the tickets in advance and count on selling them (very possibly at a profit) if MU loses and you don’t want to go.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 09:29:52 AM by wisblue »

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2023, 10:16:19 AM »

Thought you were talking location.

My oops.

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2023, 10:24:39 AM »
Live in Columbus and really hoping we end here(I know Des Moines is slightly closer to Milwaukee...but it is almost equal distance from Chicago).  I'm out of town form the round of 64...but rolled the dice on some seats for Sunday, I got them on the ticketmaster after market.  I figured there will likely be a fair number of folks coming over from West Lafayette.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2023, 10:25:45 AM »
This will be my first time traveling to watch Marquette in the NCAA tourney.

So I assume you are going to 1977 then?
Just watch out for that re-entry, it can get a little bumpy.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023, 10:35:51 AM »
1.21 jigawatts, a Delorean, and a flux capacitor.   How hard can it be?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023, 12:14:02 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a more likely timeslot/session for the first round game if we're indeed a 3 seed?  Or is it mostly just CBS's decision based on expected eyeballs on a matchup?

I'm in Pittsburgh so can pretty easily make the drive to Columbus if that's indeed where we end up, but don't know if I can swing an overnight.  A second session start would make that tough. 

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2023, 12:22:24 PM »
Does anyone know if there's a more likely timeslot/session for the first round game if we're indeed a 3 seed?  Or is it mostly just CBS's decision based on expected eyeballs on a matchup?

I'm in Pittsburgh so can pretty easily make the drive to Columbus if that's indeed where we end up, but don't know if I can swing an overnight.  A second session start would make that tough.

I think it's safe to say that there is no way to predict.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »

Agree easy when the Flux Capacitor Fluxing

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 06:05:30 AM »
Thought you were talking location.

My oops.
Senior moment.
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 09:04:18 AM »
Senior moment.

Brussel Sprout glucosinolate overdose

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2023, 10:51:31 AM »

I prefer the hot tub method.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2023, 11:38:24 AM »

Just look at what you started