[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NCAA Baseball  (Read 2963 times)

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
Re: College Baseball
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2023, 08:09:59 AM »
Looking to go to baseball College World Series next year.

If anyone has been, I didn’t know what the best way to get tickets was? Any hotel recommendations for Omaha.
Thanks
I live in Omaha, look at AirBnBs instead of hotels, which are crazy expensive. All tickets are now digital so the only best options are through those traditional routes.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2023, 08:31:46 AM »
Looking to go to baseball College World Series next year.

If anyone has been, I didn’t know what the best way to get tickets was? Any hotel recommendations for Omaha.
Thanks

NCAA Ticket Exchange. Safe, secure, easy to navigate.

They used to have a same day, general admission tickets, stand in line option, which was very popular. But that ended with the pandemic and it hasn’t returned.

Hotel recs are going to depend on your budget, comfort and interests. My tip would be that the large convention center team hotels are fun for big team parties, but they are pretty ordinary when it comes to room comforts etc……

There are many close hotels which will have obviously marked up prices. Many are fine, Hampton next door is good. Keep in mind anything super close will be busy with people and some noise. Almost anything downtown, Midtown, Old Market are fine. I have known more than a few people that had to book in Iowa.

We’ve had to scramble a bit some years, due to rain etc…(there are rain delays almost every year at some point) and we have stayed near the medical center about 2.5 miles away and it was fine.(ate at Pitch Pizza)  A quiet respite near the storm, better value too. Nice little area and if $ is a concern, don’t be afraid to do something like that. Early Bird, plenty of food recs.

Check AirBnB places too. Everyone else will be staying for the same reasons. Sometimes you can get same day deals at websites like Hotel Tonight if you are scrambling a bit.

There is a circulator that runs every 10 minutes an hour before to an hour after each game. ORBIT bus is also an option.

We have tailgated near Creighton and walked some years. That’s pretty close.

Old Market is good for lunch and it is near the Fan Fest. There is always a bigger opening weekend concert.

When LSU plays, they take over the place. If you watch tonight’s game it will look like an LSU home game. So that may be tough for your team but they are a lot of fun and very generou at their tailgates. Lots of adventurous foods.

Old Mattress Factory, Blatts and some bars around the stadium will have some team parties and gatherings.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 08:46:10 AM by shoothoops »

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2023, 09:47:57 AM »

Thank you!

Looks like a beautiful city and looking. forward to it.

I live in Omaha, look at AirBnBs instead of hotels, which are crazy expensive. All tickets are now digital so the only best options are through those traditional routes.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2023, 10:14:03 AM »
Great recap!

Really appreciate it and shared it.

I was surprised the ncaa ticket exchange marks up so much, but I guess that’s what it is.

Appreciate all the recommendations

NCAA Ticket Exchange. Safe, secure, easy to navigate.

They used to have a same day, general admission tickets, stand in line option, which was very popular. But that ended with the pandemic and it hasn’t returned.

Hotel recs are going to depend on your budget, comfort and interests. My tip would be that the large convention center team hotels are fun for big team parties, but they are pretty ordinary when it comes to room comforts etc……

There are many close hotels which will have obviously marked up prices. Many are fine, Hampton next door is good. Keep in mind anything super close will be busy with people and some noise. Almost anything downtown, Midtown, Old Market are fine. I have known more than a few people that had to book in Iowa.

We’ve had to scramble a bit some years, due to rain etc…(there are rain delays almost every year at some point) and we have stayed near the medical center about 2.5 miles away and it was fine.(ate at Pitch Pizza)  A quiet respite near the storm, better value too. Nice little area and if $ is a concern, don’t be afraid to do something like that. Early Bird, plenty of food recs.

Check AirBnB places too. Everyone else will be staying for the same reasons. Sometimes you can get same day deals at websites like Hotel Tonight if you are scrambling a bit.

There is a circulator that runs every 10 minutes an hour before to an hour after each game. ORBIT bus is also an option.

We have tailgated near Creighton and walked some years. That’s pretty close.

Old Market is good for lunch and it is near the Fan Fest. There is always a bigger opening weekend concert.

When LSU plays, they take over the place. If you watch tonight’s game it will look like an LSU home game. So that may be tough for your team but they are a lot of fun and very generou at their tailgates. Lots of adventurous foods.

Old Mattress Factory, Blatts and some bars around the stadium will have some team parties and gatherings.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2023, 11:46:36 AM »
Great recap!

Really appreciate it and shared it.

I was surprised the ncaa ticket exchange marks up so much, but I guess that’s what it is.

Appreciate all the recommendations

Sure. You're welcome. Feel free to ask more questions when ther arise.

You can also wait for teams to lose their 2nd game as those fans will often sell those tickets. I can guarantee you that many of those LSU fans waited. Many didn't as they often draw well. But it's common. Some people have more of a stomach for waiting until the last minute than others. Hotel Tonight has gotten me last .inute deals many times of the years. But the best time to do it js the morning of your stay. Not too late not too early.

Yes some walking distance hotels habe big mark ups. But try the little Home2Suites types of places aboit 2.5 miles down by the medical area and you'd save a lot and you wouldn't miss much..That's a pretty good sweet spot.

Also as mentioned pay atrention to which 8 teams are playing. Some bring a lot of fans some don't. It's a mix of team fans, bucket listers from far away, locals, a little bit of everything.

It's always a fun time and you never know whom you will meet or run into there. Some great stories.

If you are just going as a curiosity or bucket list thing, try for opening weekend. All of the teams are there, some concerts, good atmosphere. It gives you a good feel for it. If you have a team and just want baseball, things can open up a bit during the week.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 11:56:23 AM by shoothoops »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2023, 06:07:29 PM »
Congratulations to Jabari Brown for landing an SEC assistant coaching position. Well deserved. Fitting that he does it for the league’s first Black Head Coach, Kerrick Jackson.

Jabari was a player and assistant at Historically Black Claflin University in D-2 ball.

He was most recently the recipient of the Maggie Corbin Minority Baseball Apprenticeship at Vanderbilt University.

https://vucommodores.com/the-maggie-corbin-minority-baseball-apprenticeship/

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2023, 09:21:49 PM »
Ended up getting a room at the Magnolia hotel fur the first weekend. Bucket list trip. No favorite team. Need air fare and tickets next!:)

Thanks again

Sure. You're welcome. Feel free to ask more questions when ther arise.

You can also wait for teams to lose their 2nd game as those fans will often sell those tickets. I can guarantee you that many of those LSU fans waited. Many didn't as they often draw well. But it's common. Some people have more of a stomach for waiting until the last minute than others. Hotel Tonight has gotten me last .inute deals many times of the years. But the best time to do it js the morning of your stay. Not too late not too early.

Yes some walking distance hotels habe big mark ups. But try the little Home2Suites types of places aboit 2.5 miles down by the medical area and you'd save a lot and you wouldn't miss much..That's a pretty good sweet spot.

Also as mentioned pay atrention to which 8 teams are playing. Some bring a lot of fans some don't. It's a mix of team fans, bucket listers from far away, locals, a little bit of everything.

It's always a fun time and you never know whom you will meet or run into there. Some great stories.

If you are just going as a curiosity or bucket list thing, try for opening weekend. All of the teams are there, some concerts, good atmosphere. It gives you a good feel for it. If you have a team and just want baseball, things can open up a bit during the week.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2023, 08:31:03 AM »
Ended up getting a room at the Magnolia hotel fur the first weekend. Bucket list trip. No favorite team. Need air fare and tickets next!:)

Thanks again

Sure. You’re welcome. There are many people annually similar to you, that doesn’t have a team. You will end up spending time with fans of one or several teams while you are there.

I haven’t stayed at your hotel, but it is in a good location next to Old Market and within a mile or more of many places and events associated with the games. (Many of the teams stay at the large convention center hotel beyond the outfield, and they hold some ore and post game events there too.)

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2023, 08:43:15 AM »
Tennessee previously had one of the worst stadium set ups in SEC. The Vols released this week, renderings of their new $100 million stadium upgrades.

Some other recent ones, Ole Miss announced $40 million upgrades. Georgia announced $40 million upgrades. Vandy announced major upgrades as part of their $300 million athletic facilities upgrades. Auburn announced $30 million baseball stadium upgrades. And many of these are just to try get into the top half of the league.

Hoover, Alabama previously announced $23 million upgrades to the SEC Tourney in order to keep it there. (Popular location with fans) 

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2024, 07:21:40 PM »

Sandstone

• Walk-On
Re: NCAA Baseball
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2024, 08:52:27 AM »
Baseball America preseason rankings. There are several rankings services used. (NCAA/D1 baseball, Baseball America, and the USA Today Coaches Poll, a baseball.writers poll etc...and RPI)

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/college-baseball-top-25-rankings/

https://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2024/02/01/wake-forest-tops-2024-ncbwa-preseason-poll

Opening day is two weeks from tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:36:35 AM by Sandstone »

coffeeprovinces

• Walk-On
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2024, 05:21:50 PM »
Happy Opening Day to those who celebrate. And a belated Happy Opening Day to softball.

Big East is in full swing.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2024, 06:35:24 PM »
Yadi sez hello
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2024, 06:38:54 PM »
St. Louis is the armpit of the world