[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Thoughts and prayers in Perry, Iowa  (Read 6836 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Thoughts and prayers in Perry, Iowa
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2024, 08:20:14 AM »
Really? I think he was trying too hard.

The gender switch is truly lazy, as is the name from Rico to Reeko.  It does show a lack of intellect resorting to 4th grade insults.

However, putting journalism in air quotes in this discussion along with what children are being taught and an Epstein reference?  Off-topic and deranged always score high.

Is it one to hang on the dental school walls?  Maybe not, but still captures the rocket essence quite well.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2024, 08:34:44 AM »
According to the National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA), gun owners in Missouri are not required to obtain a permit to buy rifles, shotguns, or handguns, or they do not have to register their firearms or be licensed to own them, and do not need a permit to carry them.

Guns for everybody!

Also, the shooting happened on the 6th anniversary of the Parkland shooting. After that one, the then-president suggested that guns be taken away from those flagged as potential dangers to society. Pence and several congresspeople practically had coronaries on the spot. Soon after, LaPierre got together with the then-president, and he never mentioned such a horrible idea (to gun-lovers) again.

More guns for everybody!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU_B

• Walk-On
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2024, 08:52:29 AM »
Violent crime in a city known for issues with violent crime.  I am shocked i tell you, shocked.

Willfully misinformed.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2024, 09:01:36 AM »

Huh, what?  Does 3-2-1 mean minutes? Hours? Days?  Who do you think I am?  Auntie reeeko?  Seeing as how y’all got this figured out, I’m just looking thank you. Some of us have to pick our spots carefully as the “justice” is swift and humorous. But the blame game is exactly what they want.  In the mean time, our edumacation system is either a huge success or failure depending on who’s poster ya got hanging in your garage.  Whatever you do, watch what they are exposing our children to, right Mr Epstein? Oh, he committed suicide, that’s right  “journalism” is still dead

You pick your spots so carefully that you come in here screaming a shooter is transgender when the shooter is not.  You were very careful to make sure you had the full, accurate information, as always.

Based on the fact that you don't know the difference between who's and whose and you're considered a medical professional, I'd say our edumacation system is a huge failure.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2024, 11:34:53 AM »
Obsession on the demographics of the shooters in these situations kind of shows yet another perverse way the mass shooting/gun debate is handled.

Caring overly about the race/gender/demo of the shooter is way to unnecessarily (IMO) inject race into a discussion of national safety/gun laws/mental health/whatever, which then lets staunch 2A defenders fight on the front of demographics and media coverage of said demographics instead of addressing the gun issue.  When in reality, we've seen mass shooters of all races, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.

You can be pro-gun reform and still think "White Man Bad" is a stupid way to approach the issue.  Many sensible people don't do it in this way, but a non-insignificant amount of people of influence/audience still do and don't realize the diversion it causes (or better yet probably don't care).

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2024, 10:13:51 PM »
Obsession on the demographics of the shooters in these situations kind of shows yet another perverse way the mass shooting/gun debate is handled.

Caring overly about the race/gender/demo of the shooter is way to unnecessarily (IMO) inject race into a discussion of national safety/gun laws/mental health/whatever, which then lets staunch 2A defenders fight on the front of demographics and media coverage of said demographics instead of addressing the gun issue.  When in reality, we've seen mass shooters of all races, ethnic, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds.

You can be pro-gun reform and still think "White Man Bad" is a stupid way to approach the issue.  Many sensible people don't do it in this way, but a non-insignificant amount of people of influence/audience still do and don't realize the diversion it causes (or better yet probably don't care).

I think gender is an important part of the conversation. Men commit 98% of mass shootings. Why? I think that is a question worth exploring. This doesn't mean "men are bad" as the % of men who commit mass shootings is microscopically small. But it's a male issue. Is there something we are teaching men that makes them more susceptible to engaging in this kind of violence? Can any intervention be done?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #231 on: February 16, 2024, 10:28:33 PM »
What is a male?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2024, 12:05:48 AM »
You pick your spots so carefully that you come in here screaming a shooter is transgender when the shooter is not.  You were very careful to make sure you had the full, accurate information, as always.

Based on the fact that you don't know the difference between who's and whose and you're considered a medical professional, I'd say our edumacation system is a huge failure.

oh give it a rest racist...ever hear of auto(in)correct?  to prove i used my ipad for that post, note the capitalizations i never use unless i feel like it. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback