[October 22, 2024, 07:09:33 PM]

Recruiting as of 9/15/24 by We R Final Four
[October 22, 2024, 06:51:53 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Oldgym
[October 22, 2024, 05:29:19 PM]

Marquette Retiring Jim Chones Jersey by Nukem2
[October 22, 2024, 04:06:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Animal Attacks  (Read 31408 times)

Scoop Snoop

• All American
Re: Animal Attacks
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2024, 08:53:44 AM »
Interesting conundrum in Florida.

If an alligator enters your property and threatens your well being, you have to call a Florida Department of Conservation officer to remove it/dispose of it.

To do otherwise is a Class C felony that could get you sent to the pokey for quite awhile.

But if a human being enters your property and threatens your well-being, under Florida's stand your ground laws, it's perfectly OK to deal with the matter yourself. I am surprised that you do not know this.

I guess this exists because we still have more people than alligators in Florida (but the margin is closing fast).

No! Alligators are "magnificent" creatures, as are ALL animals. Many humans are "evil, scumbag" creatures.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 08:55:24 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2024, 09:06:31 AM »
Interesting conundrum in Florida.

If an alligator enters your property and threatens your well being, you have to call a Florida Department of Conservation officer to remove it/dispose of it.

To do otherwise is a Class C felony that could get you sent to the pokey for quite awhile.

But if a human being enters your property and threatens your well-being, under Florida's stand your ground laws, it's perfectly OK to deal with the matter yourself.

I guess this exists because we still have more people than alligators in Florida (but the margin is closing fast).

Brother dgies,

I think it's important to make a distinction between alligator encounters/attacks on one's property, vs human encounters/attacks  on one's property.  I would imagine authorities are usually called before the alligator starts and ends the confrontation.  This was tragic and very unfortunate. That said, I do think if you need to protect yourself, you should be allowed to without going to prison.  Perhaps Floridians should be required to have stun guns capable of subduing the gators before authorities arrive. 

Alligators are unaware of their physical dominance brother dgies, and can be eating machines.  This isn't exactly the same thing as a human looking for trouble while entering another's  property.   I'm not saying this isn't a problem but we need to come up with more humane and creative solutions. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 09:12:51 AM by MuggsyB »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2024, 09:18:09 AM »
Brother dgies,

I think it's important to make a distinction between alligator encounters/attacks on one's property, vs human encounters/attacks  on one's property.  I would imagine authorities are usually called before the alligator starts and ends the confrontation.  This was tragic and very unfortunate. That said, I do think if you need to protect yourself, you should be allowed to without going to prison.  Perhaps Floridians should be required to have stun guns capable of subduing the gators before authorities arrive. 

Alligators are unaware of their physical dominance brother dgies, and can be eating machines.  This isn't exactly the same thing as a human looking for trouble while entering another's  property.   I'm not saying this isn't a problem but we need to come up with more humane and creative solutions.

Nah, there are too many gators.  Kill em, and grill em.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2024, 10:07:23 AM »
I think it's important to make a distinction between alligator encounters/attacks on one's property, vs human encounters/attacks  on one's property.

As Trayvon Martin learned, it doesn't have to be an "encounter" or an "attack."

Trayvon was guilty of Existing While Black, so George Zimmerman was found innocent of killing Trayvon in cold blood.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

“Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” - George Washington

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #204 on: July 05, 2024, 10:41:40 AM »
Brother dgies,

You think Mortars and grenades for quick and efficient death?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #205 on: July 05, 2024, 11:29:42 AM »
No! Alligators are "magnificent" creatures, as are ALL animals. Many humans are "evil, scumbag" creatures.

Human's are also animals. so either not ALL animals are magnificent creatures, and we can qualify their degree of magnificentness based on their demeanor/actions, or Human's are "magnificent creatures" also, and all humans should be provided the same care and appreciation that your give to ALL other animals.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #206 on: July 05, 2024, 12:02:35 PM »
Human's are also animals. so either not ALL animals are magnificent creatures, and we can qualify their degree of magnificentness based on their demeanor/actions, or Human's are "magnificent creatures" also, and all humans should be provided the same care and appreciation that your give to ALL other animals.

As an evangelical Christian, I’m vastly superior to other humans
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #207 on: July 05, 2024, 12:09:05 PM »

I was being sarcastic by quoting words that Muggsy has used in posts but agree with your reply. In a Muggsy thread ,asking if an alligator that chomped a woman in half was possibly "provoked", a couple of other scoopers and I pointed out that he was silent regarding the loss of a human life. He was absolutely defiant, asking where the "rule" was that he needed to address the death of a human. He demanded a "thorough investigation" into the decision to kill the alligator though.

This was the turning point for me. Ever since, I make it a point to be a thorn in Muggsy's side.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #208 on: July 05, 2024, 01:55:01 PM »
Bald eagle on the grill last night was tasty. Love the leftovers the next day.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #209 on: July 05, 2024, 02:38:42 PM »
I was being sarcastic by quoting words that Muggsy has used in posts but agree with your reply. In a Muggsy thread ,asking if an alligator that chomped a woman in half was possibly "provoked", a couple of other scoopers and I pointed out that he was silent regarding the loss of a human life. He was absolutely defiant, asking where the "rule" was that he needed to address the death of a human. He demanded a "thorough investigation" into the decision to kill the alligator though.

This was the turning point for me. Ever since, I make it a point to be a thorn in Muggsy's side.

I honestly thought I was replying to Muggsy, and was using snark, also to be thorn in Muggsy's side.

When I came back to the thread I was surprised the comment I quoted was not Muggsy's.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2024, 02:39:40 PM »
https://www.fws.gov/law/bald-and-golden-eagle-protection-act

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2024, 02:48:41 PM »
I honestly thought I was replying to Muggsy, and was using snark, also to be thorn in Muggsy's side.

When I came back to the thread I was surprised the comment I quoted was not Muggsy's.

We're good.

Sometimes I wonder if Muggy composes his posts to deliberately trigger rational humans, which he clearly is not. It is easy to understand how he may have gotten to you. If so, I think that would make him very happy.

Then again, maybe it is nothing more than a little boy living in a man's body who desperately craves constant attention. If he cannot get positive attention, negative will do. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2024, 03:03:15 PM »
https://www.fws.gov/law/bald-and-golden-eagle-protection-act

Wouldn’t eat bald eagle only because they’re garbage eaters.  A filthy, disgusting bird

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2024, 03:20:02 PM »
Wouldn’t eat bald eagle only because they’re garbage eaters.  A filthy, disgusting bird
Why do you hate America?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2024, 03:31:08 PM »
Why do you hate America?

Because Jim Chones turned pro

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2024, 05:04:19 PM »
Not much white meat on those things
Have some patience, FFS.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #216 on: July 06, 2024, 08:45:55 AM »

No one here is a thorn in Muggsy's side. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2024, 08:47:43 AM by MuggsyB »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #217 on: July 06, 2024, 10:26:25 AM »
No one here is a thorn in Muggsy's side.

By being a thorn, I just mean giving you a hard time Muggs. You are a deeply passionate guy, no problem at all with that, but sometimes it can be fun to poke the bear a bit.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #218 on: July 07, 2024, 08:55:31 AM »
By being a thorn, I just mean giving you a hard time Muggs. You are a deeply passionate guy, no problem at all with that, but sometimes it can be fun to poke the bear a bit.

No worries forgetful!. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2024, 11:57:50 AM »
We now know who wins in a Leopard versus Alligator

https://youtu.be/ul-fI9xZWp4?si=TEDd_FUIBsH6re64
“It was a Great Day until it wasn’t”
    ——Rory McIlroy on Final Round at Pinehurst

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2024, 07:58:54 AM »
I already had enough reasons not to live in Arizona
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuggsyB

• All American

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2024, 08:42:00 AM »
Terribly unfortunate.

The bees were probably provoked and there should be an inquiry, eh Muggs?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2024, 08:47:46 AM »
I already had enough reasons not to live in Arizona

Elect me President and I’ll sell Arizona back to Mexico at a huge discount.