collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: "Object" just shot down over Alaska  (Read 9802 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: "Object" just shot down over Alaska
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2023, 05:46:21 PM »
C'mon man, Biden is bordering on a dereliction of duty. The fact that's he's in bed with China compromises this country and all of us. He took an oath to protect and defend and he's been grossly negligent in that regard. To me, that's grounds for impeachment, aina?

LOL

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2023, 05:47:47 PM »
Not for me.  I’m shopping for bomb shelters right now’s

Get bombed instead

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2023, 06:01:06 PM »
nope, it's either mint explosion or double chocolate turtle depending on which culvers he uses most.  wait, this just in...his staff made an executive decision and advised against mint explosion due to it's potential inappropriateness given the situation the country is in.  mr magoo was seen dejected and pouting in the corner not speaking to anyone.  the good doctor was then seen trying to console him with extra sprinkles and crunched nuts on his special super bowl sunday treat.  she was then seen unrolling his nap mat which probably explains the pause to address the american public on the "Unidentified" flying objects.  so no worries, we should probably hear something within the next few weeks

This is your magnum opus.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2023, 06:06:50 PM »
4never’s bait shop is open and slaying it.

Rico, you’re a hoot too. Enjoyed your stuff.   9.2

TAMU with the common sense.

Back to my wings, brisket, shot gun shells (they turned out awesome), and Breckinridge.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2023, 06:26:25 PM »
 The U.S. Navy and Marine Corps are holding joint exercises in the South China Sea 

At w that is a hint why China is doing the balloon thing now.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2023, 06:30:58 PM »
4never’s bait shop is open and slaying

Well he is the master

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2023, 07:07:45 PM »
Do you think you'd have any patients left if they had access to your Scoop ramblings?

As opposed to modeling myself after you guys who of course are always the smartest in the room…wow, your arrogance is showing again. Whooo eeee you guys are special

Lighten up a little Francis,  take the bus, smell the b.o. of the people next to you and realize you ain’t always right

To answer your question, I don’t think they’d give a flyin “F”  as long as I’m honest, painless and good as I have been for more years than you’d like to know and that probably pains you the most. 

don't...don't don't don't don't

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2023, 07:23:09 PM »
I do think the President owes some time of comment. Quite possibly these objects are not a big deal and it makes sense to say that. My level of concern is low, but nothing wrong with making a statement. The longer he goes without a statement I believe is a mistake.

I really do not think that any of this rises to the level of the President needing to make a major statement.

I mean, these balloons aren't new, and were missed by the prior administration. They pose no threat, but created a political uproar, because as TAMU said, we live in a time of insanity (well the last word is my synopsis of how people treat everything).

The other crafts, and anomalies are a result of tuning the sensitivity of the radar signatures we worry about. That has been publicly discussed today. We are adjusting what we consider looking at as an anomaly and it is leading more crafts identified but also false alarms.

Any public statement by the President would just be another talking point/attacking point for the GOP, who would maximize using it to further divide. Zero benefit or reason to make a public address for something that really is a non-issue.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2023, 07:27:32 PM »
I really do not think that any of this rises to the level of the President needing to make a major statement.

I mean, these balloons aren't new, and were missed by the prior administration. They pose no threat, but created a political uproar, because as TAMU said, we live in a time of insanity (well the last word is my synopsis of how people treat everything).

The other crafts, and anomalies are a result of tuning the sensitivity of the radar signatures we worry about. That has been publicly discussed today. We are adjusting what we consider looking at as an anomaly and it is leading more crafts identified but also false alarms.

Any public statement by the President would just be another talking point/attacking point for the GOP, who would maximize using it to further divide. Zero benefit or reason to make a public address for something that really is a non-issue.

Jockey Jr.

You should be better than that. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2023, 07:39:27 PM »
forgetful

How many times we have shot down “objects” in the sky post WWII? What would cause the need for an announcement?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2023, 07:39:44 PM »

As opposed to modeling myself after you guys who of course are always the smartest in the room…wow, your arrogance is showing again. Whooo eeee you guys are special

Lighten up a little Francis,  take the bus, smell the b.o. of the people next to you and realize you ain’t always right

To answer your question, I don’t think they’d give a flyin “F”  as long as I’m honest, painless and good as I have been for more years than you’d like to know and that probably pains you the most.

Honest? Do you tell your patients about your opinion about ivermectin and COVID?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2023, 07:40:26 PM »
Guys

I have zero talking points. I have voiced my opinion. I think this is a big deal or potentially big deal.

Most of your opinions politics-adjacent are talking points.

So are mine.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2023, 07:46:40 PM »
Oh, I feel so much better now, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2023, 07:59:50 PM »
forgetful

How many times we have shot down “objects” in the sky post WWII? What would cause the need for an announcement?

Reasonable question, and I don't know the answer. But, quite often unknown crafts are detected, followed, and monitored, we usually just don't shoot them down (at least I don't think we do, if we shot down crafts over northern Alaska in the past, it probably wouldn't even be reported on). Largely, because unless they clearly pose a threat, accidentally starting an international incident is avoided.

It would be reasonable to question whether the balloon would ever have been shot down in the past, or if it was only shot down because of political pressure. The last two crafts, we would never have even detected in the past...we were being hyper vigilant now, again because of political reasons.

But the fact remains, addressing the nation would accomplish nothing.

It wouldn't change the fact that these are not of any concern.

And do you disagree on my assessment that any public presidential address would just be used by opposition as another reason to attack leadership, and for political talking points? (And I sincerely believe that you wouldn't do this, and would just like information, but people like you are in the minority these days)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2023, 09:09:42 PM »
It's been U2 all along.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2023, 09:20:54 PM »
IBTL

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2023, 10:36:58 PM »
It's been U2 all along.

Made the same joke at my SB party
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2023, 10:40:18 PM »
Glad the TV service makes it down to my bunker. That was a heck of a football game I would’ve had to miss out on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2023, 05:42:58 AM »
No one has said the last 3 "objects" were balloons or Chinese.  China did not claim them only the first and the one over South America.
China did claim to shoot a UFO down over Qingdao. 
Maybe they are alien?  More info first then estimate.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2023, 07:46:21 AM »
MU Fan

I would have zero problem if the President made a statement saying they are unsure of the origin, and he plans on keeping the citizens of the USA up to date. I truly believe the longer he goes silent the more he losses the confidence of the country. IMO, this is not a political, and if there is no national security risk he should say so. Shooting down objects over the USA simply does not happen to the best of my knowledge.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2023, 07:50:53 AM »
MU Fan

I would have zero problem if the President made a statement saying they are unsure of the origin, and he plans on keeping the citizens of the USA up to date. I truly believe the longer he goes silent the more he losses the confidence of the country. IMO, this is not a political, and if there is no national security risk he should say so. Shooting down objects over the USA simply does not happen to the best of my knowledge.

You think if the President of the United States came on television to address this, and then claimed that they were "unsure of the origin" that it would be helpful? If anything, that would ramp up the anxiety.

Honestly, I think most people aren't worried, don't care, or have no idea what's going on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2023, 07:57:03 AM »
Fluff

America is a great place and we all can express opinions. Hopefully you are correct that it is nothing and majority of Americans don’t care or are not worried. I would think that would be easy sell for the President to say in a statement and presser. Seems like it would be a short announcement.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2023, 08:05:04 AM »

Honestly, I think most people aren't worried, don't care, or have no idea what's going on.

This is where I'm at.

When there is something to say, someone will say it.  Right now there isn't anything that sounds like a threat.  The recovered debris is being reviewed and that doesn't happen over night.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2023, 09:25:51 AM »
You think if the President of the United States came on television to address this, and then claimed that they were "unsure of the origin" that it would be helpful? If anything, that would ramp up the anxiety.

The fact that you're not worried, or the majority of Americans aren't worried, isn't relevant to this discussion or Goose's point.  And if you are not concerned atxall Fluffy why are you constantly replying in this thread?

feedback