collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Seashells and Balloons  (Read 11176 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Seashells and Balloons
« Reply #225 on: February 06, 2023, 09:03:09 AM »
...but not significantly smaller as stated by Pakuni. They shot the balloon down about 7 miles off the coast within viewing distance of residences and tourists on Myrtle Beach. I am sure there are plenty of spots in Montana with a 7 mile radius where there are no people or buildings.

https://time.com/6253086/china-spy-balloon-shot-down-myrtle-beach-onlookers/

Do you really think the military and intelligence professionals haven't thought this through???
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #226 on: February 06, 2023, 09:11:44 AM »
...but not significantly smaller as stated by Pakuni. They shot the balloon down about 7 miles off the coast within viewing distance of residences and tourists on Myrtle Beach. I am sure there are plenty of spots in Montana with a 7 mile radius where there are no people or buildings.

https://time.com/6253086/china-spy-balloon-shot-down-myrtle-beach-onlookers/

The mistake you're making here - one of many - is counting the size of only the structure under the balloon, not the entire balloon.
And you continue to ignore the fact the shuttle disintegrated into tens of thousands of pieces, most so small they never were recovered.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #227 on: February 06, 2023, 09:32:22 AM »

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #228 on: February 06, 2023, 10:04:35 AM »
The mistake you're making here - one of many - is counting the size of only the structure under the balloon, not the entire balloon.
And you continue to ignore the fact the shuttle disintegrated into tens of thousands of pieces, most so small they never were recovered.

According to reports the "balloon was the size of 3 buses". No mention of the structure under the balloon.

https://time.com/6253002/chinese-balloon-weather-balloon-experts/

https://apnews.com/article/politics-united-states-government-antony-blinken-china-b1b03193b7abeb7bbeca169bbc7c2c53

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2023, 10:36:12 AM »

Do you really think the military and intelligence professionals haven't thought this through???

I am sure they have. I just don't buy the "safety" reason given.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2023, 10:38:34 AM »
According to reports the "balloon was the size of 3 buses". No mention of the structure under the balloon.

https://time.com/6253002/chinese-balloon-weather-balloon-experts/

https://apnews.com/article/politics-united-states-government-antony-blinken-china-b1b03193b7abeb7bbeca169bbc7c2c53

Officials have so far determined that the potential damage of falling debris from the balloon – its substructure is roughly 90 feet while the balloon itself is significantly larger and taller, according to a defense official – outweighs the risk of the balloon itself. But that’s not to say that it couldn’t be shot down eventually; a senior defense official said Thursday that the US has “options to deal with this balloon” if the risk assessment changes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/04/politics/chinese-spy-balloon-us-latest/index.html

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2023, 11:03:28 AM »
Officials have so far determined that the potential damage of falling debris from the balloon – its substructure is roughly 90 feet while the balloon itself is significantly larger and taller, according to a defense official – outweighs the risk of the balloon itself. But that’s not to say that it couldn’t be shot down eventually; a senior defense official said Thursday that the US has “options to deal with this balloon” if the risk assessment changes.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/04/politics/chinese-spy-balloon-us-latest/index.html

According to the report in Time:

The Chinese balloon clocks in at around 90 feet wide, or the length of three buses, according to U.S. defense officials.

According to the AP:

The Pentagon and other U.S. officials say it was a Chinese spy balloon — about the size of three school buses — that moved east over America at an altitude of about 60,000 feet (18,600 meters). The U.S. says it was being used for surveillance and intelligence collection, but officials have provided few details.

If the defense the department is sending out mixed messages about the size of the balloon I'm not sure what to believe about "safety concerns" for not shooting it down sooner.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2023, 12:41:46 PM »
I am sure they have. I just don't buy the "safety" reason given.

So your preference is that Biden ignored the balloon like a previous president did?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2023, 01:19:53 PM »
So your preference is that Biden ignored the balloon like a previous president did?

We should have captured and questioned the balloon

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2023, 01:24:21 PM »
We should have captured and questioned the balloon

According to the SNL skit it flew over Montana because the balloon is a big fan of Yellowstone.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2023, 01:37:18 PM »

How can any President ignore something they were never briefed on? Biden is the President and he could easily declassify a security briefing that Trump received about Chinese balloons over US airspace to prove that Trump's denial that he knew about Chinese spy balloons is false. Until then will just let the liberal media and conservative media disseminate their preferred narratives.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2023, 02:18:17 PM »
How can any President ignore something they were never briefed on? Biden is the President and he could easily declassify a security briefing that Trump received about Chinese balloons over US airspace to prove that Trump's denial that he knew about Chinese spy balloons is false. Until then will just let the liberal media and conservative media disseminate their preferred narratives.

Yes. We should declassify the report so the wackos believe it’s actually true. I’m sure that’ll convince them. 🙄🙄🙄
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2023, 02:27:51 PM »
Yes. We should declassify the report so the wackos believe it’s actually true. I’m sure that’ll convince them. 🙄🙄🙄

So who is telling the truth?

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2023, 02:29:10 PM »

Well, if the Report is classified, can't we just have someone stop by Joe's Garage and pick up a copy??

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2023, 02:37:45 PM »
Well, if the Report is classified, can't we just have someone stop by Joe's Garage and pick up a copy??

Or maybe Donny's!  Maybe we can pick up his tax returns while we're there.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2023, 03:00:37 PM »
Ugh ... wrong thread
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 03:47:49 PM by Pakuni »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2023, 03:04:22 PM »
Oh, my.   Holy pot/kettle, splinter/plank vibe.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 03:16:26 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2023, 03:54:08 PM »

do you "trust the process" with everything you hear or only if your comrade news sources say it's so?  well they were telling you that multiple balloons flew during the previous admin too??  so the media who hated the previous admin with a vengeance just kinda let those go?  wouldn't that have been real proof of "russian infiltration" and how they "stole the election"?  don't get me started with dr fettucine again

you are either being disingenuous, naive, or lying but probably all of the above.  i guess now tucker carlson has been discredited because ya'll say so, but that also tells me you guys are afraid of what he has to offer because there just might be an element of truth.   

Seek help.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2023, 04:12:48 PM »
I'm not a member of National Security, but I do read MUScoop.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2023, 04:39:17 PM »
You know what? Rocket and the rest of the crazy MAGA gang of dentists on here have convinced me…that we should have loaded their asses onto the ballon and let it go on its merry way back to China.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2023, 04:53:18 PM »
Wades
But, for one last time, Keefe is doing extremely well. Happy, healthy and enjoying his family.

Is he getting the professional help that he so obviously needs?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2023, 05:21:27 PM »
Right on cue, the Rs have announced an investigation into Biden's cowardice, treason, and acquiescence to the Chinese over the "Chinese Balloon Attack", as the National Review referred to it as.

"I will be demanding answers and will hold the admin accountable for this embarrassing display of weakness," Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), the chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee, said Saturday.

Reality check: Biden wanted the balloon shot down. The Pentagon advised him to wait until it was safe because they didn't want to rain debris on Americans on the ground. The best time to do that was when it got over water."

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2023, 05:29:25 PM »
Right on cue, the Rs have announced an investigation into Biden's cowardice, treason, and acquiescence to the Chinese over the "Chinese Balloon Attack", as the National Review referred to it as.

"I will be demanding answers and will hold the admin accountable for this embarrassing display of weakness," Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), the chair of the Foreign Affairs Committee, said Saturday.

Reality check: Biden wanted the balloon shot down. The Pentagon advised him to wait until it was safe because they didn't want to rain debris on Americans on the ground. The best time to do that was when it got over water."

I thought for sure they’d be tackling wasteful spending and the federal budget.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

feedback