collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Seashells and Balloons  (Read 11220 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Seashells and Balloons
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2023, 04:25:10 PM »
I almost never watch Tucker. You obviously are one of his regulars.

Susan Collins was just quoted saying almost verbatim what I said earlier. While she is a Republican, she’s also elected in Maine. Referring to her as a right wing lunatic is something only your basic, every day, run of the mill lunatic would do. Congrats.

Ah, so you admit it.

And I never watch him.  I just know his playbook since it's so obvious a child could predict what he is going to say on a nightly basis.

after all, he's just "asking questions".

Interesting that you're using finger to the air Susan Collins as a bell weather of centrism.

She's only liberal enough to dupe her constituency.  She's allowed to vote the way she does when the math still works out for her party.  It's cover.  She has never cast a single deciding vote on a liberal piece of legislation.  But you knew that, because you're so damn smart, Lenny.

Right?  You knew that.  Right?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2023, 04:27:34 PM »
Lenny, you and I should never fear, 'cuz Hards is always here, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2023, 04:30:11 PM »
😂
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2023, 04:30:55 PM »
Lenny, you and I should never fear, 'cuz Hards is always here, hey?

I'm always here for you.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #129 on: February 04, 2023, 04:32:30 PM »
Aw, thanks kin. Feelin' safer now, man, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #130 on: February 04, 2023, 04:37:54 PM »
jesmu

So, do you dismiss China as a threat to the USA?

Never said that

Do you believe China is a threat? If so, why? And, if so, how did that come to be?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #131 on: February 04, 2023, 04:42:45 PM »
Aw, thanks kin. Feelin' safer now, man, hey?

Glad to hear it.

Clearly no one else seems to be.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #132 on: February 04, 2023, 04:43:39 PM »
jesmu

I definitely believe they are a major threat and became one when we surrendered our supply chain to China. We can go back 25 years and say every administration and corporate America ignored the threat.

I believe that the USA, both parties, either ignored or miscalculated the emergence of China. I have been a zealot on this topic for a very long time.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2023, 04:55:05 PM »
jesmu

I definitely believe they are a major threat and became one when we surrendered our supply chain to China. We can go back 25 years and say every administration and corporate America ignored the threat.

I believe that the USA, both parties, either ignored or miscalculated the emergence of China. I have been a zealot on this topic for a very long time.

China is pinned in and has a 3rd world navy.  They don't have domestic oil production.  Their population is in decline.  Their entire economy is based on their exports to the Western world.

Their biggest strength is their despotic form of 'communism' (lol) and their ability to pivot their resources to their biggest need.

I would love to hear how they're going to take over the world.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2023, 05:02:09 PM »
Hards

Take over the world? That is funny. Do something really stupid or irresponsible, definite possibility. China has grown much bigger balls under Xi and would never assume they will be a good global citizen.

Again, you and others have your opinion, I just think it is delusional. I have no political agenda on this topic, both parties have failed the American public and created an enemy. Can debate if a real threat or a paper Tiger, but they are an enemy.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2023, 05:10:06 PM »
Hards

Take over the world? That is funny. Do something really stupid or irresponsible, definite possibility. China has grown much bigger balls under Xi and would never assume they will be a good global citizen.

Again, you and others have your opinion, I just think it is delusional. I have no political agenda on this topic, both parties have failed the American public and created an enemy. Can debate if a real threat or a paper Tiger, but they are an enemy.

They're a paper tiger.  Not an enemy.  Are they more forward thinking?  In some respects, yes.  In others, they're light years behind.

Both the US and China have their flaws and they're quite obvious.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2023, 05:12:56 PM »
Ah, so you admit it.

And I never watch him.  I just know his playbook since it's so obvious a child could predict what he is going to say on a nightly basis.

after all, he's just "asking questions".

Interesting that you're using finger to the air Susan Collins as a bell weather of centrism.

She's only liberal enough to dupe her constituency.  She's allowed to vote the way she does when the math still works out for her party.  It's cover.  She has never cast a single deciding vote on a liberal piece of legislation.  But you knew that, because you're so damn smart, Lenny.

Right?  You knew that.  Right?

Collins is a far right winger who has duped the centrist citizens of Maine for decades. They’re all stupid but you’re on to her.
And you’ve never watched Tucker Carlson but you have memorized his “playbook”.

Your arrogance and simple mindedness are absolutely stunning.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2023, 05:17:55 PM »
Balloon is a distant relative of ball. So if you know ball, you know balloon.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 04, 2023, 05:21:12 PM »
Hards

You are off your rocker if you do not think
China is an enemy of the United States.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #139 on: February 04, 2023, 05:24:52 PM »
Collins is a far right winger who has duped the centrist citizens of Maine for decades. They’re all stupid but you’re on to her.
And you’ve never watched Tucker Carlson but you have memorized his “playbook”.

Your arrogance and simple mindedness are absolutely stunning.

Not what I said.  Good try though.

I said she votes where she is told.  They all hold on to power the best way that they can.  But she is a Republican through and through.  Her votes that are centrist are merely to keep her constituency voting for her as a centrist.  McConnell is the smartest majority leader in the history of the US Senate.  Possibly the the best politician since LBJ. 

Yes, Tucker is easy to figure out after five minutes.  He plays to your most base instincts.  Everything he has an interest in is based in fear.  Fear of the unknown.  Fear of the other.  Fear of exile.  Fear of death.  Fear of insignificance. 

Watch him for a few minutes.  He is a predator.  He wants to elicit an emotional response.  And it is always FEAR.

He has nothing to positive to say seven days out of seven.  He sells fear better than anyone.  And he's mainstream so he isn't scary.

That is why he is dangerous.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2023, 05:28:43 PM »
Hards

You are off your rocker if you do not think
China is an enemy of the United States.

In what respect, exactly.  Do they want to be the next super power?  Yes, of course.  Everyone does.

What large country doesn't have these aspirations?

None can challenge American global hegemony.  Their best bet is to tear us down from the inside.  And of course they'll try.  Russia will try.  Hell.... Turkey is an ally and they're trying to supplant American power in Europe and the Middle East.  Can you blame them for trying though?

None of them have the power that the US has globally.  Not even close.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2023, 05:30:43 PM »
Roswell 2.0

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2023, 05:42:29 PM »
Muggsy

Ask the experts on here. There are plenty of guys that are national security experts.

I’m with you and confused why the POTUS wanted to shoot down a weather balloon. Thankfully, national security did not allow Biden to create a national disaster or international incident.

I assume you are referring to the same National Security that trump trashed as he stood shoulder to shoulder with Putin?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 04, 2023, 05:45:26 PM »
Jockey

Why bring up Trump? I would rather rehash the Wojo era than the Trump era on scoop. For the record, I have no interest in talking about the Wojo era.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2023, 05:49:56 PM »
Jockey

Why bring up Trump? I would rather rehash the Wojo era than the Trump era on scoop. For the record, I have no interest in talking about the Wojo era.

He can't help himself.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2023, 05:56:33 PM »
jesmu

Goose, I agree with you as to China being our biggest threat (other than trump, of course).

But we actually surrendered our supply chain starting 40 years ago when companies were encouraged and rewarded for eliminating good paying union jobs for American workers by closing American plants and sending jobs overseas.

You are right to put the blame on all administrations - at least up through Bush. BO and trump were a bit better and Biden has been better yet. But it is still gonna be a long slog.

I don’t think China is an imminent military threat, though. Their people will put up with a repressive government if they are comfortable financially. Any military action would bankrupt China. Not a good idea to get a billion people made at their government. Xi is too pragmatic to do more than make threats.

Just my opinion, of course.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2023, 05:58:00 PM »
Goose, I agree with you as to China being our biggest threat (other than trump, of course).

But we actually surrendered our supply chain starting 40 years ago when companies were encouraged and rewarded for eliminating good paying union jobs for American workers by closing American plants and sending jobs overseas.

You are right to put the blame on all administrations - at least up through Bush. BO and trump were a bit better and Biden has been better yet. But it is still gonna be a long slog.

I don’t think China is an imminent military threat, though. Their people will put up with a repressive government if they are comfortable financially. Any military action would bankrupt China. Not a good idea to get a billion people made at their government. Xi is too pragmatic to do more than make threats.

Hey this is decent.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2023, 06:31:21 PM »

I have myriad opinions on offshoring that have crystallized even further in the last 18-24 months, but that’s a topic to another thread.

You point out an interesting nuance to the China military discussion, which is finances, and I think the HUGE unknown in all of this. I don’t think anyone in the West truly knows what sort of financial state China is in.  For all their great advances forward, they got way over their skis in many regards and the depth to which that is affecting them negatively is so hard to gauge due to their lack of transparency and false reporting.

Their military is concern due to sheer size.  They have very good tech, I imagine a good aerial attack, and many MANY bodies to throw forward.  But can they afford to do anything of note? That is a big unknown that very few people truly can speak to, especially not any civilian

I’m REALLY curious to speak to some of my Chinese associates in the coming year, face to face where they are more open, and see how they really felt about everything COVID related.  Cause that’s an interesting stress test for a populous gobbling up what is spoon fed by the CCP as it would pertain to something like sizable military action.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2023, 06:46:49 PM »
I have myriad opinions on offshoring that have crystallized even further in the last 18-24 months, but that’s a topic to another thread.

You point out an interesting nuance to the China military discussion, which is finances, and I think the HUGE unknown in all of this. I don’t think anyone in the West truly knows what sort of financial state China is in.  For all their great advances forward, they got way over their skis in many regards and the depth to which that is affecting them negatively is so hard to gauge due to their lack of transparency and false reporting.

Their military is concern due to sheer size.  They have very good tech, I imagine a good aerial attack, and many MANY bodies to throw forward.  But can they afford to do anything of note? That is a big unknown that very few people truly can speak to, especially not any civilian

I’m REALLY curious to speak to some of my Chinese associates in the coming year, face to face where they are more open, and see how they really felt about everything COVID related.  Cause that’s an interesting stress test for a populous gobbling up what is spoon fed by the CCP as it would pertain to something like sizable military action.

Be good to have you follow up on this after talking to your contacts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2023, 06:52:50 PM »

Preach.