[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Zog from Margo
[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Shaka A+ This Season So Far  (Read 10255 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Shaka A+ This Season So Far
« on: February 03, 2023, 09:22:18 AM »
He should be considered for Nat COY.  In my lifetime this is without question the best coached MU team that I have witnessed.  It's certainly not the most talented team, but when it comes to overall cohesion, and in particular guys understanding their roles and contributing as a group, this squad stands on top imo. 

You add what Shaka has done as far as player development, in game and halftime adjustments, along with how guys respond to his tutelage in general and we're talking about a beautiful symphony on the floor. 

This is as fun a team we've been lucky enough to watch and support for a very long time.  We've definitely had aesthetically pleasing teams during the Buzz years, the mighty mites were also thrilling at times, but consistently this group is the most fun. 

Why?  Because the barrages have come from every spot on the floor with TyKo leading the way.  The ball movement is an absolute thing of beauty, 5 guys playing as 1 doesn't suck.  On the flipside if you had the misfortune of watching Wisky/Ohio St. yesterday you are probably still suffering from what I call:  PTSE.  Post-Traumatic-Stress-Ennui.  I also hope people have recovered from the most horrid looking uniforms ever designed in the history of sports.

In closing, MU is back!!!  Period.  The fact that we are now in a position to compete at the highest level, for many years, after intense suffering for about a decade is assuaging some of my anxieties. It gives me tremendous hope and confidence that sustained greatness is in all of our futures.  Props and more props to Shaka and this group for the fantastic ride we have all been able to watch.  Let's keep the train rolling through February, March, and the 1st week in April.

#Resurgence

« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 01:54:51 PM by MuggsyB »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Shaka Gets an A+ This Season
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 09:23:21 AM »
Uh, the season's not over. Let's not start handing out grades yet.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:27:26 AM »
Muggs, I give you a grade of "incomplete" in Anxiety Assaugement 101.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2023, 09:29:08 AM »
Yeah,

We still have 8 conference games and 2 tournaments left.

A+ is a bit premature.

I do think itll be hard for him to not end up with a grade in the A's. But lets hold off.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2023, 09:36:49 AM »
He should be considered for Nat COY.  In my lifetime this is without question the best coached MU team that I have witnessed.  It's certainly not the most talented team, but when it comes to overall cohesion, and in particular guys understanding their roles and contributing as a group, this squad stands on top imo. 

You add what Shaka has done as far as player development, in game and halftime adjustments, along with how guys respond to his tutelage in general and we're talking about a beautiful symphony on the floor. 

This is as fun a team we've been lucky enough to watch and support for a very long time.  We've definitely had aesthetically pleasing teams during the Buzz years, the mighty mites were also thrilling at times, but consistently this group is the most fun. 

Why?  Because the barrages have come from every spot on the floor with TyKo leading the way.  The ball movement is an absolute thing of beauty, 5 guys playing as 1 doesn't suck.  On the flipside if you had the misfortune of watching Wisky/Ohio St. yesterday you are probably still suffering from what I call:  PTSE.  Post-Traumatic-Stress-Ennui.  I also hope people have recovered from the most horrid looking uniforms ever designed in the history of sports.

In closing, MU is back!!!  Period.  The fact that we are now in a position to compete at the highest level, for many years, after intense suffering for about a decade is assuaging some of my anxieties. It gives me tremendous hope and confidence that sustained greatness is in all of our futures.  Props and more props to Shaka and this group for the fantastic ride we have all been able to watch.  Let's keep the train rolling through February, March, and the 1st week in April.

#Resurgence
I agree with this analysis.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2023, 09:42:24 AM »
Yeah,

We still have 8 conference games and 2 tournaments left.

A+ is a bit premature.

I do think itll be hard for him to not end up with a grade in the A's. But lets hold off.

I should have written to this point but I absolutely love this team PG and what Shaka's has done thus far.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2023, 09:42:50 AM »
Anything less than a national championship is an F
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 09:46:45 AM »
I am waiting until the Blue Book is submitted.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2023, 10:21:27 AM »
There certainly is cause for excitement this year and I think most of us would have said day one we would be thrilled to be at 18-5 and 10-2 in the BE!   So this has been an exciting season!   But there is a lot left and we are all hoping the success continues.   Muggsy can get excited as we all are….. but the final exams are still coming before any grades are officially handed out haha!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 10:42:42 AM by Daniel »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2023, 10:30:46 AM »
We're past the midterms but still have the big group project and the final left. Gotta earn the final grade
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2023, 10:37:17 AM »
You gotta love Scoop. Either in complete meltdown panic or assigning A+ when the assignment is only 60% over. There is no in between.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2023, 10:40:36 AM »
You gotta love Scoop. Either in complete meltdown panic or assigning A+ when the assignment is only 60% over. There is no in between.

"There is no finish line"
-Shaka Dingani Smart

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2023, 10:48:08 AM »
OTOH, my last semester at MU, I took a history class from Karel Bicha. The last day before the final, he asked if there were any graduating seniors - a few of us raised our hands. He said "if you just want your midterm grade to be your final grade, just let me know."

AB...good enough...I'm gone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2023, 10:48:41 AM »

Joyous.

A program that has suffered a February/March swoon for, what, eight of the last 11 seasons seems an odd place for unbridled optimism.

Suppose it speaks to the current set of vibes emanating from the Al. And those vibes are titles.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2023, 10:55:29 AM »
Anything less than a national championship is an F

I will say your comedic timing is pretty good sometimes.  Had a solid chuckle on this one.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:03:21 PM by MarquetteDano »

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 10:57:27 AM »
Too early to grade Shaka but I've seen more than enough to give Muggsy an A+ for his scoop performance for the season.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2023, 11:18:10 AM »

In true scoop fashion, can someone start a poll now of how many wins Shaka needs to earn an A+?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2023, 12:08:11 PM »
We're 2/3 through so I got ahead of myself but I think everyone catches my drift.  This group has to tools to ascend to greater heights.  That's really my main point.  And we are definitely not excruciatingly boring like other teams. 

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2023, 12:10:47 PM »
In true scoop fashion, can someone start a poll now of how many wins Shaka needs to earn an A+?

Because I put more value on the regular season than a lot of others do, in my book a regular season conference championship would be an A. To get to an A+ would require making it at least to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2023, 12:17:22 PM »
Because I put more value on the regular season than a lot of others do, in my book a regular season conference championship would be an A. To get to an A+ would require making it at least to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA tournament.

Blue, he took a program in complete disarray and in less than two years has us in prime position despite only having one big and modest size.  If we get a 2/3 seed that's an A+ in my book.  Especially when you consider we were picked 9th by the coaches.  Meanwhile Michigan is a unmitigated disaster. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2023, 12:46:26 PM »
How can you possibly give any grade if we don't take advantage of the opportunity?

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2023, 12:52:36 PM »
Muggsy go 1 day without making a new thread challenge: impossible

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2023, 12:52:52 PM »
How can you possibly give any grade if we don't take advantage of the opportunity?

Muggsy has been known to get ahead of himself.    It has been a fun ride so far.   Still a lot of season to go.

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2023, 12:56:35 PM »
Seriously, all this needed was a "so far."

I don't think many of us would say Shaka should grade less than A (if not A+) for this season SO FAR.

That's fair and it's real and it still allows for great things to happen over the next 2 months.

And I'm pretty sure that's what Muggs was saying.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2023, 12:58:12 PM »
Seriously, all this needed was a "so far."

I don't think many of us would say Shaka should grade less than A (if not A+) for this season SO FAR.

That's fair and it's real and it still allows for great things to happen over the next 2 months.

And I'm pretty sure that's what Muggs was saying.

Indeed.    So far. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback