[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Tournament  (Read 28228 times)

Ardmore Mug

• All American
Big East Tournament
« on: January 24, 2023, 06:47:45 PM »
Well folks, we are thinking of going to the BET this year....FINALLY ! ! !  Im asking for a little guidance for Tix and even Hotel stays.....  Would like to stay at the team hotel! ! !  Do I contact MU Athletic office??  Any help will be appreciated ! ! !  8-)

BCHoopster

• All American
Re: Big East Tournament
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 06:55:03 PM »
I went last year, bought tickets which there were many, $40 each and they were good seats, I would wait, that’s what I am doing this year.  Hotels lots to chooses, depends on how much money you want to spend, I stay with my daughter in Morristown so I am not any help.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:31:01 PM »
Last year the expensive ticket on Stubhub was for the semifinals. MU saved us money by not making it. A bartender told us that’s the ticket that costs the most.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 07:47:38 PM »
Normally would wing it on the tix, and still might, but this year might be the exception where buying a little earlier may work out
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 08:56:22 PM »
I’ve stayed twice at the Renaissance Midtown right across the street from MSG while the team was there.  Last time was 2019, so not sure if they still stay there or not.  You can check with the athletic department.

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 09:13:49 PM »
I’m going. Most definitely.  My friend George Santos said I could stay at his house in Queens. And I’ve known Shaka since our days at Oregon High. We’ve been talking lately about a few restaurants in the New York area.  There’s a steak house and an Italian restaurant we’re pretty sure will meet our expectations. And then there's the Bar on the Green across the street from Central Park. Great place to drink.  Send me your phone number and I’ll call you before we make our reservations. Sorry, this is not an opportunity to impress an ex-wife or a creepy girl friend. Serious considerations only.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 10:20:15 PM »
Oil
You crack me up-well done!

oilcan

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 10:44:28 PM »
I wish 4everwarriors would meet us there for the tournament. I love his broken English. I don’t need a translator or an interpreter. Aina. I’ve driven through Sheboygan a few times. He and I were probably in some of the same classes. Hey, I’ll bet he was the guy who got drunk and threw up Arby’s on my first edition copy of “The Sound and the Fury.”  Some of the pages are still stuck together, and it’s worthless.  Except to me.  Carry on Benjy.  Meet me in New York City. I'm not trying to start any trouble. I'm just having fun.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 08:13:56 AM »
I wish 4everwarriors would meet us there for the tournament. I love his broken English. I don’t need a translator or an interpreter. Aina. I’ve driven through Sheboygan a few times. He and I were probably in some of the same classes. Hey, I’ll bet he was the guy who got drunk and threw up Arby’s on my first edition copy of “The Sound and the Fury.”  Some of the pages are still stuck together, and it’s worthless.  Except to me.  Carry on Benjy.  Meet me in New York City. I'm not trying to start any trouble. I'm just having fun.
Streets in NY are a battlefield 4ever won't go.
Goal is National Championship

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 12:52:41 PM »
Do they sell a ticket package for all nights or do you buy tickets every day.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 01:03:10 PM »
I typically stay in Chelsea or financial district and take the 1 subway to MSG.  It’s generally cheaper and quieter.  I will also make my hotel res for 2024 in June and have scored inexpensive stays a some pretty good hotels.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 01:18:37 PM »
Broadway show recommendations? Any matinees on Saturday? Where are ppl staying? Restaurants? Anything new to see since last March? But me a beer before/during/after gameS?

wheatonMU

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 01:48:54 PM »
Ardmore, I had reached out to the Athletic Dept/Alumni Group on this earlier in the week.  Here is what I can tell you for Tix/Hotel through Marquette:

-Tickets -- Sold Out (due to STH Demand)
-Hotel -- Rate is $299 for 1 King Bed at the following hotel below:

Marquette Fan Headquarters and Team Hotel
Renaissance New York Chelsea Hotel
112 W. 25th St., New York
Book rooms in the alumni/fan room block until February 7th. Visit https://bit.ly/23MUBBBETeamhotel.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 01:58:35 PM by dukey787 »

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »
Broadway show recommendations? Any matinees on Saturday? Where are ppl staying? Restaurants? Anything new to see since last March? But me a beer before/during/after gameS?

SIX on Broadway is excellent. 

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2023, 02:16:01 PM »
Flights are really reasonable right now too....Maybe I need to make it happen this year...

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2023, 02:20:41 PM »
Gosh, if this crowd is fearful of downtown Milwaukee and won’t go to a FiServ game due to the crime, why on earth would anyone consider New York City?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2023, 02:21:28 PM »
Gosh, if this crowd is fearful of downtown Milwaukee and won’t go to a FiServ game due to the crime, why on earth would anyone consider New York City?

Good question.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 02:22:34 PM »
A colleague who is a UConn diehard
Called me about the tournament tickets
He is a season ticket holder, has the points but was told he had to pony up
$10k to buy tickets
Is that crazy or de riguer?

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2023, 02:25:23 PM »

They're sleeping on the benches in Penn Central Station right below MSG and sponge bathing themselves in the bathrooms. Plenty of food available there as well. No need to go outside if you arrive via Amtrak, as my wife and I will. I'm going to run this idea past her. We could save a lot of money on hotel expenses.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2023, 02:48:34 PM »
Ardmore, I had reached out to the Athletic Dept/Alumni Group on this earlier in the week.  Here is what I can tell you for Tix/Hotel through Marquette:

-Tickets -- Sold Out (due to STH Demand)
-Hotel -- Rate is $299 for 1 King Bed at the following hotel below:

Marquette Fan Headquarters and Team Hotel
Renaissance New York Chelsea Hotel
112 W. 25th St., New York
Book rooms in the alumni/fan room block until February 7th. Visit https://bit.ly/23MUBBBETeamhotel.

Tried the link. Said the block is sold out. Maybe I call them?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2023, 02:50:01 PM »
First time going to the BET, first time going to New York

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2023, 02:59:48 PM »
For Marriott loyalists, there’s a great Renaissance property on 35th between 7th and 8th Ave.  Two blocks from MSG.  I stayed there a few years ago and we loved it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2023, 03:06:17 PM »
Hmmm… stayed at Westin near Times Square last year. Liked the location bc not far from Broadway to the north & msg to south.

Team hotel is a bit south aina

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2023, 03:32:50 PM »
For Marriott loyalists, there’s a great Renaissance property on 35th between 7th and 8th Ave.  Two blocks from MSG.  I stayed there a few years ago and we loved it.

+1.  Stayed there twice.  Great hotel and so close. 

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2023, 04:04:24 PM »
First time going to the BET, first time going to New York

If you can arrive via Amtrak, I recommend it! You deboard in Penn Station, just below MSG. Easy, easy.

In addition to the games, be sure to make time for a trip to Central Park. The 911 memorial is a must. The victims and their loved ones deserve to have us pay our respects. My wife and I will try to visit the United Nations this time. Last year it was closed to the public. Something about a humongous annal opening invading a neighboring country. They were kinda busy.

Expect to pay some outrageous prices for a lot of things. Then you will not be surprised.

Consider the New Yorker Hotel, an Art Nouveau landmark that opened just about the same time the stock market crashed. Two floors above us, a guy named Nickolai Tesla lived in 2 rooms for years. Just below the lobby, they have an area dedicated to Tesla.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

feedback