[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[June 15, 2024, 04:49:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ellis recovery?  (Read 5581 times)

rgoode57

• Starter
Ellis recovery?
« on: January 22, 2023, 11:36:05 AM »
Anyone have an update on Emarion Ellis? I know he is not going to play this year, but was wondering how his recovery is going.

jfp61

• All American
Re: Ellis recovery?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 11:38:30 AM »
No medical information update, but that dude is 1-2 inches taller.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 11:46:15 AM »
He was in work out clothes in the video with the little boy the team has sort of adopted.    I have heard/read that he is working out, doing skills and drills, but no contact.

Like jfp, I have heard that he is taller and has filled out.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023, 12:03:57 PM »
I asked him after a practice earlier this season…..he said it’s frustrating.
Some scoopers assume he is the odd man out……I dont think so. He loves Shaka.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 01:20:12 PM »
I asked him after a practice earlier this season…..he said it’s frustrating.
Some scoopers assume he is the odd man out……I dont think so. He loves Shaka.

Odd man out is probably prosper. Dudes going pro.

JTJ3

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 01:24:50 PM »

Thats what I expect as well.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 01:48:17 PM »
You're probably right about Prosper, especially if he graduates this year, but what about 6'9/10" Itejere? We hear so little about him and his future here.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2023, 02:05:22 PM »
You're probably right about Prosper, especially if he graduates this year, but what about 6'9/10" Itejere? We hear so little about him and his future here.

Itejere is not ready to contribute.

I also doubt that O-Max goes pro after this season.

Ellis really looks up to Shake. I wouldn't expect him to leave unless Shaka tells him it is a good career decision to do so.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2023, 02:27:27 PM »
Itejere is not ready to contribute.

I also doubt that O-Max goes pro after this season.

Ellis really looks up to Shake. I wouldn't expect him to leave unless Shaka tells him it is a good career decision to do so.
[/quote

So if Itejere is not ready to play after two years on the team, will he be on the team next year?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2023, 02:28:17 PM »

Itejere will solve our +1 scholarship issue. If he can’t even see the floor after a redshirt year where MU is thin at the 4/5, I doubt he’s here last this year.

Admittedly put speculation on my part though, no insider info or anything like that.

junglecat022

• Walk-On
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2023, 05:03:45 PM »
Itejere will solve our +1 scholarship issue. If he can’t even see the floor after a redshirt year where MU is thin at the 4/5, I doubt he’s here last this year.

Admittedly put speculation on my part though, no insider info or anything like that.

Last season Nevada Smith said he was "the best athlete maybe in college basketball. He should be in the decathlon." With Keeyan's athletic gifts I have to imagine he could eventually be a very competitive track & field athlete, even if he's never formally competed before. MU has previously had both men's and women's soccer players as well as a volleyball player convert to T&F.

Any chance of a Wally Ellenson type situation, i.e. becoming a T&F scholarship athlete (competing in select meets) and transitioning to a basketball walk-on?

Of course this would have to be something mutually agreeable to all parties.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2023, 05:06:02 PM »
That is why I don't think Keeyan is leaving.  I think he is the 4th most likely to leave.  Maybe 5th.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 05:07:35 PM »
Last season Nevada Smith said he was "the best athlete maybe in college basketball. He should be in the decathlon." With Keeyan's athletic gifts I have to imagine he could eventually be a very competitive track & field athlete, even if he's never formally competed before. MU has previously had both men's and women's soccer players as well as a volleyball player convert to T&F.

Any chance of a Wally Ellenson type situation, i.e. becoming a T&F scholarship athlete (competing in select meets) and transitioning to a basketball walk-on?

Can’t do that. Otherwise you’d stash a bunch of basketball and football players on track and field scholarships and have them “walk on” to basketball and football.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2023, 05:34:04 PM »
Anyone seen Sacar?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2023, 05:36:50 PM »

What makes you say that? Omax is a really nice college player, but I don’t see him getting anything more than a cup of coffee in the nba.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2023, 06:04:31 PM »
What makes you say that? Omax is a really nice college player, but I don’t see him getting anything more than a cup of coffee in the nba.
You're saying that because he had a bad game.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2023, 06:23:33 PM »
You're saying that because he had a bad game.

OMax isn't on any draft boards.  He is a draft prospect however.

Each player is going to make their OWN decision, but don't think he didn't see what happened to Justin last year.

He'll for sure go through the process.
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2023, 06:31:28 PM »

He’s definitely a prospect but outside shooting is nowhere near it needs to be for a team to even take a flier on him. Vander was a much more complete player and didn’t get drafted and barely got a sniff.

However - G League is much more of a viable option than it was years ago. “Going pro” doesn’t mean what it did even four years ago.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2023, 06:42:03 PM »
He’s definitely a prospect but outside shooting is nowhere near it needs to be for a team to even take a flier on him. Vander was a much more complete player and didn’t get drafted and barely got a sniff.

However - G League is much more of a viable option than it was years ago. “Going pro” doesn’t mean what it did even four years ago.

To be fair, O-Max is about 4 inches taller than Vander. He does need to improve his three point shot but he at least has a chance. Vander never did, which is why it was so frustrating when he left early.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2023, 06:48:06 PM »

Better chance that Shaka adopts him.

panda

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2023, 06:51:37 PM »
To be fair, O-Max is about 4 inches taller than Vander. He does need to improve his three point shot but he at least has a chance. Vander never did, which is why it was so frustrating when he left early.

To be fair - they play different positions so height difference between the two is irrelevant. Omax more height appropriate for his position at the next level, but vander was grossly undersized. Lack of shooting held him back.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2023, 06:53:31 PM »

G league salary is 40K, he will do better at MU with no expenses. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2023, 06:59:11 PM »
G league salary is 40K, he will do better at MU with no expenses.

Development and competition is much higher than college game. Personal decision with +s and -s to each.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2023, 07:05:49 PM »
Development and competition is much higher than college game. Personal decision with +s and -s to each.

Much more of a grind. 

Small crowds, limited money, limited minutes.  Feels like your playing strictly for yourself as game results don't really matter.  Some guys are fine with all of that.  Depends on the player.
VIOLENCE!

panda

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2023, 07:07:23 PM »
Much more of a grind. 

Small crowds, limited money, limited minutes.  Feels like your playing strictly for yourself as game results don't really matter.  Some guys are fine with all of that.  Depends on the player.

Aka personal preference

feedback