collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2023 MLB Thread  (Read 52009 times)

WhiteTrash

• All American
Re: 2023 MLB Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2023, 01:37:51 PM »
They give a lot of mid-range contracts to mediocre players. A recipe for disaster.

Combine that with an utter lack of player development or commitment to the Minor Leagues and they have no chance.

That was the Cubs model for decades of losing until they realized that maybe the Dodgers and Cardinals had a good idea with player development.
I agree!

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2023, 09:48:04 PM »
Saw the Miami Marlins close out their series with the Cubs.

Never saw such sloppy outfield play as I did with the Marlins today. Their outfield is crappy and cost them at least two runs.

Also: You so Marlin if your starter turns over a 3-2 lead in the sixth inning and your reliever gives up a home run on his third pitch. And yet, the Marlins won.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2023, 07:59:57 PM »
Rocco Baldelli just isnt cut out for this sport.

Joe Ryan is absolutely dealing. Sox cant square anything up all game. Because Tim Anderson has a 12 pitch AB to walk(immediately a DP to end the inning) he yanks Ryan with 87 pitches. Lopez blows the game.

News flash, its been a thing in baseball for years. When a full lineup cannot hit a guy you dont bail them out and let them face a new pitcher for no damn reason.

Boone gave the Guardians a game yesterday with an equally awful move.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU82

• All American
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2023, 09:22:38 AM »
Doesn't take much to be a Cardinals Hall of Famer.

David Freese, who had a whale of a 2011 postseason and an excellent 2012 NLDS but otherwise was meh in 5 seasons under the arch, was just inducted. Woo-hoo!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2023, 09:27:11 AM »

David Freese, who had a whale of a 2011 postseason and an excellent 2012 NLDS but otherwise was meh in 5 seasons under the arch, was just inducted. Woo-hoo!

Eh.  Team Hall of Fame.  Produced one of the biggest moments in team history.  I think it’s fine.  He’ll probably be drunk there, though
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2023, 09:36:32 AM »
Eh.  Team Hall of Fame.  Produced one of the biggest moments in team history.  I think it’s fine.  He’ll probably be drunk there, though

Sure. It's "fine." I'm not gonna protest it or anything. I'm sure the dozens who admire his bust after induction will be thrilled!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2023, 11:27:20 AM »

Lol. Seems like a bit of an odd thing to complain about. That’s sportswriters and sports media for ya. The committee consists of 11 sportswriters/sports media, and 3 former managers. They select the names and fans vote. They usually also select one long past era person for induction without a fan vote. There are also occasional organization selections without a fan vote.

There are 53 members. 21 of them are MLB Hall of Famers who were either inducted as a Cardinal, or who played there longer than anywhere else.

That’s what team hall of fames are for, to celebrate some players and personnel who are not necessarily in the MLB HOF. The most popular Cardinal of the past several decades for example, is in it. (Willie McGee) and their most underrated player, Ray Lankford. They offer some free events that fans seem to enjoy, as well as some money makers. There is a large team charity (Cardinals Care) component to it.

David Freese wasn’t a difficult choice for them.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #232 on: May 04, 2023, 11:32:18 AM »
Bart Starr's back up is in the Packers Hall of Fame.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #233 on: May 04, 2023, 11:33:32 AM »

Drinking and driving is never a good thing. And it’s never not existed anywhere I’ve lived or spent time, even in less car culture places such as NYC or DC or wherever. It’s a shame.

https://www.si.com/.amp/mlb/2013/04/16/yovani-gallardo-brewers-arrested-dui

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2017/07/21/ex-firefighter-gets-10-years-drunken-driving-crash-killed-2-after-brewers-opener/497973001/

https://www.fox6now.com/news/woman-accused-in-fatal-wrong-way-head-on-crash-after-brewers-game-enters-not-guilty-plea.amp

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Bush_(baseball)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #234 on: May 04, 2023, 11:35:56 AM »
Man, imagine how sad your defense of St. Louis has to be to Google "Milwaukee Brewers drunk driving" or something similar.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2023, 11:41:38 AM »
Can someone with photoshopping skills please photoshop the "Batman beam" but have it be the St. Louis Arch instead of batman?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2023, 11:48:43 AM »
Man, imagine how sad your defense of St. Louis has to be to Google "Milwaukee Brewers drunk driving" or something similar.

Nah. I didn't and I wouldn't defend drunk driving in any of the places I've lived or spent time. I'm also not going to single out places for irrarional dislike due to tribal sports reasons. I don't do that for Milwaukee, Chicago, or the many other places I've lived or spent time.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2023, 12:17:09 PM »

I’m not condoning what Freese did, but it’s part of the Cardinal Way

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2023, 12:31:09 PM »

Learned from the greatest, TLR.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2023, 12:32:42 PM »
Can someone with photoshopping skills please photoshop the "Batman beam" but have it be the St. Louis Arch instead of batman?

Bonus for *Biff*, *Bam*, *Pow* graphics.

Archman:  uniting wades, Rico, and ZFB on a subject. 🤣🤣

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2023, 12:35:08 PM »

It's apparently the Brewer Way and the way of a lot of other places too unfortunately.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2023, 12:43:50 PM »
Bonus for *Biff*, *Bam*, *Pow* graphics.

Archman:  uniting wades, Rico, and ZFB on a subject. 🤣🤣

Right on time.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2023, 12:58:48 PM »
Right on time.

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah, Archman!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2023, 01:05:38 PM »
Learned from the greatest, TLR.

I think it’s the chapter after proper steroid masking

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2023, 01:12:33 PM »
I think it’s the chapter after proper steroid masking

Yes, the Ryan Braun chapter.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2023, 01:21:22 PM »

I thought you didn’t care?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2023, 01:38:34 PM »

The difference is, I have zero problem admitting the best Brewers in recent memory have used PEDs.  Braun?  Yup.  Yeli?  Well, is it a coincidence he came to Milwaukee while Braun was still playing, saw his power go off the charts, signed a giant contract, saw Braun retire, and now gets an extra base hit every like 10 games?  Hmm...

The guy did it right.  Use PEDs, see your performance skyrocket, get paid generational money, and then stop using PEDs.  You will still get paid even if you aren't producing.  The only thing that'll stop the checks coming in is if you get caught.  So why risk it?

It's really not a big deal.  If you weren't doing PEDs, chances are you didn't make it to the MLB.  But for some reason people think it was all just the pitching coach that took Jake Arrietta from a journey man to the best pitcher in baseball out of nowhere.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 01:40:22 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2023, 02:06:39 PM »
I thought you didn’t care?

I pointed out that drinking and driving isn’t a good thing, and it happens everywhere I’ve ever lived or visited, Milwaukee included. No one is defending drunk driving.

Steroids has been part of baseball, every team. I didn’t defend steroid use, although I’m sure some would. And that’s a much different topic of course because doing steroids doesn’t necessarily hurt others. (Although I’ve seen my share of steroid fueled gym brawls.)

There are lots and lots of threads here that bash Milwaukee. It’s difficult to read the board without stumbling over one of them. I don’t take part in those threads and those things. I don’t do it for teams, cities, schools. It isn’t my thing. It’s your thing.

Perhaps you just don’t like accountability. Maybe that’s why you hide behind a keyboard saying things you wouldn’t otherwise say while standing next to the people.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2023, 02:41:57 PM »
I pointed out that drinking and driving isn’t a good thing, and it happens everywhere I’ve ever lived or visited, Milwaukee included. No one is defending drunk driving.

Steroids has been part of baseball, every team. I didn’t defend steroid use, although I’m sure some would. And that’s a much different topic of course because doing steroids doesn’t necessarily hurt others. (Although I’ve seen my share of steroid fueled gym brawls.)

There are lots and lots of threads here that bash Milwaukee. It’s difficult to read the board without stumbling over one of them. I don’t take part in those threads and those things. I don’t do it for teams, cities, schools. It isn’t my thing. It’s your thing.

Perhaps you just don’t like accountability. Maybe that’s why you hide behind a keyboard saying things you wouldn’t otherwise say while standing next to the people.

Have you considered changing your signature to the dril tweet saying don’t print I’m mad?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2023, 02:57:31 PM »
Have you considered changing your signature to the dril tweet saying don’t print I’m mad?

Lol, nah. You're projecting again. You're the one with the angst. It explains why you post the way you do. It must be exhausting.