[Today at 06:30:20 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Nukem2
[Today at 04:02:06 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU/XU Game Thread  (Read 25260 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: MU/XU Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2023, 01:34:51 PM »
What has he done to warrant a banning?

Are you still under the impression that you were repeatedly banned because of your opinion on Wojo???

He’s made some pretty racist comments
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2023, 01:38:04 PM »

Has he? I just went through his last dozen or so comments and didn't really see anything. Has anyone reported it to the mods? I think they generally stay out of the game threads.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »

Seems like you’re being intentionally obtuse but giving benefit of the doubt here’s the rule he’s clearly violating over and over and over and over:

Opposing fans are welcome - for basketball conversation.  If you're going to spam or flame, you will be banned
No Finish Line

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2023, 01:44:18 PM »

Are you still under the impression that you were repeatedly banned because of your opinion on Wojo???

I was banned because I didn't relent on the fact that Derrick Wilson had zero business playing 30+ minutes for Buzz and Wojo, and the Wojo/Derrick defenders continually barked back.  The criticism was almost exclusively directed toward the coaches..not Derrick personally.

Barbs get exchanged..both ways.  You and the 5-10 others who were Wojo/Derrick defenders consistently took shots at me.  I returned some fire.  But, since your positions were largely in alignment with Rocky, I got banned.  Multiple times. 

It takes two to tango and end of the day I was right about Buzz being off his game his last year(which explains why he played Derrick 30+ and benched Deonte Burton for the last 7 minutes during the Big East tournament while Deonte was tearing up Xavier), and that something was going on with him (disdain for Larry Williams)  Was right about Derrick, and right about Wojo. 

It was unfortunate that you and other prolific posters here were clueless about how impossible it was to win playing Derrick Wilson 33 minutes a game.  And again, not his fault - that's on Buzz and Wojo.

• All American
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2023, 01:50:54 PM »
I was banned because I didn't relent on the fact that Derrick Wilson had zero business playing 30+ minutes for Buzz and Wojo, and the Wojo/Derrick defenders continually barked back.  The criticism was almost exclusively directed toward the coaches..not Derrick personally.

Barbs get exchanged..both ways.  You and the 5-10 others who were Wojo/Derrick defenders consistently took shots at me.  I returned some fire.  But, since your positions were largely in alignment with Rocky, I got banned.  Multiple times. 

It takes two to tango and end of the day I was right about Buzz being off his game his last year(which explains why he played Derrick 30+ and benched Deonte Burton for the last 7 minutes during the Big East tournament while Deonte was tearing up Xavier), and that something was going on with him (disdain for Larry Williams)  Was right about Derrick, and right about Wojo. 

It was unfortunate that you and other prolific posters here were clueless about how impossible it was to win playing Derrick Wilson 33 minutes a game.  And again, not his fault - that's on Buzz and Wojo.

Yeah you really don’t understand why you were banned. Not surprising. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2023, 01:55:49 PM »
and benched Deonte Burton for the last 7 minutes during the Big East tournament while Deonte was tearing up Xavier)

I felt the same way about Buzz and thought he was completely checked out at the end of the year. I remember thinking the same thing during the Xavier game when he took Burton out “for his poor defense.” Thought it was ridiculous then and always wanted to see a replay of that game to see if there is any merit behind it, though I never found one. Sure seemed that way on first watch but I miss a lot things in the heat of the moment.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2023, 01:57:20 PM »
Getting your bloomers in a bundle over NLW is what he wants.    You are feeding the pig.   Ignore function is your friend.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2023, 02:01:06 PM »
Yeah you really don’t understand why you were banned. Not surprising.

This is the kind of response one makes when they have no counter point.  Not surprising, considering the source. 

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2023, 02:22:37 PM »
I don’t think you are following.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2023, 02:36:11 PM »

Sultan defending the honor of a fellow Badger fan??? Shocking.

panda

• All American
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2023, 02:37:55 PM »

A buddy of mine sent me a pic of sultan and no longer sharing a few Zima’s at the Mecca today.

• All American
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2023, 02:42:54 PM »

Eh I just think people should just put people on ignore. He’s just an annoying troll.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2023, 02:52:11 PM »

Eh I just think people should just put people on ignore. He’s just an annoying troll.

+1,000,000  and then no one should "quote" or box his comments...  Then he will go away, since no one is listening and answering inane drivel ! ! !  8-)

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2023, 02:58:28 PM »
I felt the same way about Buzz and thought he was completely checked out at the end of the year. I remember thinking the same thing during the Xavier game when he took Burton out “for his poor defense.” Thought it was ridiculous then and always wanted to see a replay of that game to see if there is any merit behind it, though I never found one. Sure seemed that way on first watch but I miss a lot things in the heat of the moment.

It was relay odd when he pulled Burton. I was frustrated with Buzz that whole year. And I loved the guy. But, given Buzz doesn’t have an agent, and he signed the VaTech contract 3 days after the season ended - one which negotiated  - there’s no doubt in my mind he was in discussions at least for a good part of that last season and essentially mentally checked out.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2023, 03:14:13 PM »
That's a really bad take.

I'm happy to have a discussion about this but the guy is 80 and basically says tbe same things over and over again.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, and he has been excellent over his career, but I don't think he's particularly good anymore.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion or course. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2023, 05:03:29 PM »
If Rocky wasn't a low key Shaka hater your ass should have been banned a long time ago.  Shaka miss the no footer O-Max took?  Any top 3 Big East team won on the road?  You're just a prick.  If you get joy out of going to a rivals message board and posting garbage...says a lot about your crapty life syndrome.
No, he just lets him make a complete fool of himself.
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2023, 05:04:31 PM »

Nope, wrooooong

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2023, 05:05:18 PM »
Must be a dentist

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2023, 05:07:29 PM »
I'm happy to have a discussion about this but the guy is 80 and basically says tbe same things over and over again.  Perhaps I'm in the minority, and he has been excellent over his career, but I don't think he's particularly good anymore.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion or course.

Raftery is a national treasure. Although, I will say he’s at his best with Verne or McDonough/Bilas.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2023, 05:20:08 PM »
Raftery is a national treasure. Although, I will say he’s at his best with Verne or McDonough/Bilas.

I agree with your point but I just feel it's time. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »
Submit your resume'.   Muggsy as color guy would be epic.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #321 on: January 15, 2023, 05:38:29 PM »
No, he just lets him make a complete fool of himself.

Whoa, I don't read the game threads and didn't see the post about my Shaka hating (which isn't true - I want to see him succeed, but don't have a lot of faith). Anyhow, you're correct NLW can just hang himself in stupidity. Sometimes I find it amusing people get so worked up over it.

• All American
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2023, 05:47:56 PM »
Whoa, I don't read the game threads and didn't see the post about my Shaka hating (which isn't true - I want to see him succeed, but don't have a lot of faith). Anyhow, you're correct NLW can just hang himself in stupidity. Sometimes I find it amusing people get so worked up over it.

Typical Projo.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2023, 05:55:12 PM »
Getting your bloomers in a bundle over NLW is what he wants.    You are feeding the pig.   Ignore function is your friend.

Exactly

Goose

• All American
« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2023, 05:57:25 PM »
Elon

I am not a fan of Sultan, but if I am hoping to read an intelligent MU basketball post I am searching out Fluff over Rocky every day of the week. There are guys on here that really do not know ball and anyone that does can spot them in a minute.

Why ban NoLonger? He gets to post every 2-3 weeks and it is harder for him to post. Sadly, I would not call him the worst poster on scoop. NoLonger is a clown, but at least he does not play a role on scoop other than being clown.

feedback