[Today at 08:10:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[Today at 07:48:11 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 05:47:31 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[Today at 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Revenge is a grind  (Read 7053 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Revenge is a grind
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2023, 10:56:32 AM »
Highlight for me was seeing DWade rubbing elbows with Dick and Donna Strong. They could play a big role in keeping the band together next year.

Between Wade and Strong and passing the hat with the 2003 FF team I'm sure they can come up with a few cryptos. Retention! Retention! Retention!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2023, 10:57:26 AM »
I get the counter arguments, scoopers.   I like a legit 9 man rotation.  Like pineapple on pizza, that is just where I land.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2023, 11:09:43 AM »
I get the counter arguments, scoopers.   I like a legit 9 man rotation.  Like pineapple on pizza, that is just where I land.
Now I see the problem
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2023, 11:11:46 AM »
Idiosyncracy, not problem.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU62

• Starter
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2023, 11:18:19 AM »
Wonderful win by a wonderful team.  So glad The Hall won yesterday.  Gives our guys room for thought.  Nobody should get overlooked in this league.  Even GT. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2023, 11:28:30 AM »
Idiosyncracy, not problem.
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

connie

• All American
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2023, 11:33:08 AM »
I agree on the half court trap and playing the bench more. Also, I hope teams stop making hard shots with one second on the shot clock.
Absolutely.  Can we also try to lay off some of the late game fouls?  I know aggression is part of the team philosophy, but time and place has to be factored in at some point,
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

MU82

• All American
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2023, 11:41:11 AM »
How is 52.7% shooting from the field - including 8 of 19 from three - considered an off night?  Throw in 85% from the line and moving from third to second in KenPom adjusted offense and I'm perplexed that anyone could call yesterday's performance an "off night."  Every time Providence made a run, Marquette parried the blow.  What am I missing?

Nothing. The pace of the game was slower so it wasn't like the Baylor game where we were visually sensational. But we were efficient and effective just about all night, and we controlled the game from the middle of the first half on.

Absolutely.  Can we also try to lay off some of the late game fouls?  I know aggression is part of the team philosophy, but time and place has to be factored in at some point,

I agree with this, but the refs changed the way they called the game. They practically had a no-blood-no-foul stance for the first 25 minutes, started calling it closer for the next 10 minutes, and then started calling every breath a foul the last few minutes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2023, 11:51:33 AM »

I think it's fine to get you to March, but you start trimming back and figuring out the best lineups and rotations in January and February.

Once you get to March, you limit to 7-8 and most of those minutes should go to the first 5. You still have the back end if needed, but winning in single elimination settings takes getting the best from your best.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2023, 11:54:33 AM »
I think it's fine to get you to March, but you start trimming back and figuring out the best lineups and rotations in January and February.

Once you get to March, you limit to 7-8 and most of those minutes should go to the first 5. You still have the back end if needed, but winning in single elimination settings takes getting the best from your best.

I’m just glad they have practice depth and I’m being 100% honest.  That hasn’t been the case recently
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2023, 12:14:56 PM »
I agree on the half court trap and playing the bench more. Also, I hope teams stop making hard shots with one second on the shot clock.

My dog has PTSD now from me screaming and pounding the coach cushions every time that happened last night. Jeez.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2023, 12:26:05 PM »

while the challenges in rebounding are frustrating, the late fouls when you're trying to kill clock and not necessarily playing good D to boot is maddening....
if PC was a bit closer score-wise, this could have been a literal game-changer.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2023, 12:27:33 PM »
How is 52.7% shooting from the field - including 8 of 19 from three - considered an off night?  Throw in 85% from the line and moving from third to second in KenPom adjusted offense and I'm perplexed that anyone could call yesterday's performance an "off night."  Every time Providence made a run, Marquette parried the blow.  What am I missing?

I am guilty of that too. It shows how good our offense is. My son was working on a project, so wasn't watching. He came in at the end of the first half and asked how we were playing. I said good on defense, but need to improve our offense. Maybe it is just how Providence makes it look....ugly.

Was nice to see us counter punch each time at the end. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2023, 12:29:18 PM »
My dog has PTSD now from me screaming and pounding the coach cushions every time that happened last night. Jeez.

Given how many of us are doing this -- and how many of our poor dogs are suffering from PTSD because of it -- I'm just now starting to think that our reaction in front of our TVs might not help solve the problem!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Goose

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2023, 12:55:21 PM »
brad

The only difference I saw last night offensively was they needed to work harder to get open shots. It seemed like it took 5-7 more seconds to get the open look. They definitely were efficient again last night, maybe just a tad slower in getting it done.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2023, 01:09:35 PM »

Everyone here would love a legit 9 man rotation. I'm sure Shaka would love a legit 9 man rotation. I would also love a billion dollars in my bank account.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2023, 01:16:20 PM »

I agree with this, but the refs changed the way they called the game. They practically had a no-blood-no-foul stance for the first 25 minutes, started calling it closer for the next 10 minutes, and then started calling every breath a foul the last few minutes.

This seems to be a trend lately. Teams getting to the bonus far quicker in second halves, and very few fouls called in the first. Far better than a few years ago though when it seemed like games had no flow because of all the fouls, and teams were reaching the bonus with 10 mins to go in a half frequently.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2023, 01:42:35 PM »

You need an ananas comosus Dry January

tower912

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »
Among so many things.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2023, 05:25:56 PM »

We are a 7-8 man rotation already, The 9th guy - Gold - has been averaging less than 5 minutes a game against the better teams with the starters generally playing over 75% of the minutes.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2023, 07:14:05 PM »
I'm actually of the mind we need to show more and switch less. If the guard truly gets caught in the screen, then switch it. But MU lately has been switching even before contact and it has bitten them a bunch.
This. Kam or Stevie or God forbid Sean on Nunge…kalbrenner….Croswell is brutal. Best we can hope for is a foul before the shot goes in.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:19:11 PM by We R Final Four »

feedback