Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU/Providence Game Thread  (Read 12645 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: MU/Providence Game Thread
« Reply #375 on: January 18, 2023, 10:47:45 PM »
Personally I think we're the best team in our conference Goose even with a few weaknesses.  I don't think a top 4 NCAA seed is a lofty goal.  But we need to keep our foot on the gas.
I agree with this analysis
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #376 on: January 18, 2023, 10:47:51 PM »
Guy on postgame show says TK is first team All Big East. He said put him on Villanova and they’re a top 25 team and he’s being compared to Connor Gillespie as an impact PG.

Kinda underselling him, he’s borderline AA

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #377 on: January 18, 2023, 10:51:55 PM »
Muggsy

I am not sure we are the best team but they can win the BE. X is very good, Creighton is going to be there and UConn will figure it out. That said, I think they have a chance to make a good run in March, especially if they land higher seed.

Goose, this is a terrific offensive team and it's primarily our ability to score in the paint.  Kolek finishing at the rim has been huge for us.  Shaka also seems to know how to oress the right buttons line-up wise. 

nyg

• All American
« Reply #378 on: January 18, 2023, 10:53:14 PM »
Kinda underselling him, he’s borderline AA

If the continues his pace, he might win the BE POY. 

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #379 on: January 18, 2023, 10:56:12 PM »
Goose, this is a terrific offensive team and it's primarily our ability to score in the paint.  Kolek finishing at the rim has been huge for us.  Shaka also seems to know how to oress the right buttons line-up wise.

Muggsy

100%

TyKo scoring and finishing on his own at the rim has been a game changer all season.

I said it early and often- until he scores and becomes a more well rounded team this squad won’t take the leap.

He scores, OMAX got strong, Kam made the Js.
All three did what the big 3 should do to win a big game, and then there’s Oso…

We good. Let’s keep it going

tower912

• All American
« Reply #380 on: January 19, 2023, 05:07:34 AM »
Guy on postgame show says TK is first team All Big East. He said put him on Villanova and they’re a top 25 team and he’s being compared to Connor Gillespie as an impact PG.
I compared him to Brunson after the Illinois game last year.    Glad to see the announcers on the post game show are catching up.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wisblue

• All American
« Reply #381 on: January 19, 2023, 06:01:42 AM »
Goose, are you concerned a bit with how we played tonight down the stretch?  A few things bothered me but maybe I'm overreacting.

MU’s play down the stretch definitely left some things to work on. There was some careless ball handling and falling into traps that led to turnovers, failure to secure rebounds leading to second chance points, some unnecessary fouls, and a couple of ill advised shots. Fortunately there were enough clutch shots and free throws to keep the Friars at bay.

Coach Smart said in the postgame that the second half seemed to take two hours (true) and provided some teaching moments. Always better to learn from wins than losses.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #382 on: January 19, 2023, 08:34:47 AM »
I compared him to Brunson after the Illinois game last year.    Glad to see the announcers on the post game show are catching up.

I wouldn’t go that far…Brunson is one of the most successful high school and collegiate players of the last decade.

Kolek is great, but he ain’t Brunson. And that’s okay!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #383 on: January 19, 2023, 08:38:30 AM »
I wouldn’t go that far…Brunson is one of the most successful high school and collegiate players of the last decade.

Kolek is great, but he ain’t Brunson. And that’s okay!
He isn't.  During the Illinois game and frequently this season, he controls the offense like Brunson did.   Brunson was obviously far more accomplished.  But, people like comparisons.  At his best, TK reminds me of Brunson.  One man's opinion.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #384 on: January 19, 2023, 09:33:22 AM »
Saw Kam's postgame yesterday and he mentioned Providence is tough because they foul a ton and a lot of them don't get called. Said it was a focal point from Shaka to not expect calls because they get away with a lot.  Love that they were prepared for it.

https://youtu.be/EynpHeaNukQ
VIOLENCE!

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2023, 09:34:19 AM »
Saw Kam's postgame yesterday and he mentioned Providence is tough because they foul a ton and a lot of them don't get called. Said it was a focal point from Shaka to not expect calls because they get away with a lot.  Love that they were prepared for it.

Can college players get fined? 😂

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2023, 09:35:32 AM »
Can college players get fined? 😂

I thought the same thing right away. 😂
VIOLENCE!

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #387 on: January 19, 2023, 10:33:45 AM »
Annnnnd... blocked

How do you do block someone?  I’ve looked everywhere.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #388 on: January 19, 2023, 10:36:30 AM »

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #389 on: January 19, 2023, 11:42:42 AM »
Thank you! 

And, to those who quote and respond to obvious flamers like nolonger, please stop.