[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Restaurants Thread  (Read 19487 times)

GOO

• All American
Re: Restaurants Thread
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2024, 02:40:36 PM »
Milwaukee made some sort of restaurant list, but more importantly it gives a run down of 38 Milwaukee restaurants, so worth a skim, unless you don’t want to make yourself hungry!

I’ll try a link, hopefully it works:

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-milwaukee-wisconsin

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #276 on: February 18, 2024, 03:14:04 PM »
Milwaukee made some sort of restaurant list, but more importantly it gives a run down of 38 Milwaukee restaurants, so worth a skim, unless you don’t want to make yourself hungry!

I’ll try a link, hopefully it works:

https://www.eater.com/maps/best-restaurants-milwaukee-wisconsin
Not bad.  But leaving off Eddie Martini’s is shameful.
Ludum habemus.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #277 on: February 18, 2024, 06:01:20 PM »
Sir

I am old school and Eddie’s is my favorite go to place. Love everything about the place. Great list, but Eddie’s makes me happy.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #278 on: February 18, 2024, 07:17:44 PM »
Went to Ed Debevic's in Chicago today. Surprised it doesn't have a Bib Gourmand

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #279 on: February 18, 2024, 08:21:22 PM »
Sir

I am old school and Eddie’s is my favorite go to place. Love everything about the place. Great list, but Eddie’s makes me happy.
Besides quality food the service is top shelf. 
Ludum habemus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #280 on: February 23, 2024, 11:12:13 AM »
Going to Cinci in 2 weeks for the X game.

Restaurant recommendations?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #281 on: February 23, 2024, 11:37:29 AM »

Taste of Belgium for breakfast or brunch.  Love their waffles.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2024, 11:54:21 AM »

When in Cinci you have to do Italian.  I would recommend Pompilio's in Newport.

https://pompilios.com/

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2024, 01:24:11 PM »
Taste of Belgium for breakfast or brunch.  Love their waffles.

After visiting Cincy a large number of times over the last 4 years, I second the choice.  They have a 1/2 dozen locations (on the riverfront by the Bengals stadium, near U of Cincy, OTR (Over-the-Rhine), Rookwood area among others.  (These are the 4 I've eaten at more than once.)  They have an interesting menu.  The owner is Belgian.  Guy Fieri has had TOB on two separate episodes.

Where are you staying, what neighborhood?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #284 on: February 23, 2024, 02:31:38 PM »
Went to Tickle Pickle…for a burger…sheesh. Dive burger and beer bar near Xavier.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #285 on: February 23, 2024, 03:39:03 PM »
Grater's for ice cream is great.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #286 on: February 23, 2024, 04:03:10 PM »
I can make more specific recommendations if I know what section of Cincy you're staying.  Downtown?  Oakley?  Near the Xavier campus?  On the river in Covington/Newport?  Next to the U of Cincy campus?

Listermann Brewery is practically on campus and you can walk to the Cintas in less than 10 minutes if you want to pre-game.  They serve food also.
https://www.listermannbrewing.com/

Dana Gardens is the Xavier bar where all the students hang out.  (So you don't want to go there.)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #287 on: February 24, 2024, 09:40:11 PM »
I can make more specific recommendations if I know what section of Cincy you're staying.  Downtown?  Oakley?  Near the Xavier campus?  On the river in Covington/Newport?  Next to the U of Cincy campus?

Listermann Brewery is practically on campus and you can walk to the Cintas in less than 10 minutes if you want to pre-game.  They serve food also.

Dana Gardens is the Xavier bar where all the students hang out.  (So you don't want to go there.)

We’ll be staying fairly near campus, yes.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #288 on: February 25, 2024, 09:23:06 AM »
Any recommendations for Chilaquiles in Milwaukee?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #289 on: February 25, 2024, 10:46:26 AM »
Any recommendations for Chilaquiles in Milwaukee?

Man, I LOVE chilaquiles. Mad Rooster has pretty good ones and a solid, varied brunch menu. Cieloto Lindo and Cafe Corazon, or another hole in the wall place. Or…my house 😁

Edit: To add, I’m a salsa verde chilaquiles guy with a couple runny-ish eggs.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 10:55:45 AM by 21Jumpstreet »

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #290 on: February 25, 2024, 10:55:27 AM »
Man, I LOVE chilaquiles. Mad Rooster has prettt good ones and a solid, varied brunch menu. Cieloto Lindo and Cafe Corazon, or another hole in the wall place. Or…my house 😁

Edit: To add, I’m a salsa verde chilaquiles guy with a couple runny-ish eggs.

Was racking my brain as to where I recently had good ones. Finally hit me. Went to Sweet Diner before a game recently, had their chilaquiles, thought they were good, also a varied menu in a cool spot. Enjoy!

Edit: Oh my, you just have hit a nerve, a good one! Also had the short rib chilaquiles at Merriment Social recently, also solid. And perhaps, I’m mistaking Sweet Diner (which is still solid) with Merriment. Now, I’m done!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 11:00:46 AM by 21Jumpstreet »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #291 on: February 25, 2024, 11:10:23 AM »
Guadalajara in Walkers Point?

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #292 on: February 25, 2024, 11:23:27 AM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #293 on: February 26, 2024, 07:57:16 AM »
Cafe Manna has chilaquiles as a special dish on occasion. Worth da drive from da Twin Cities, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #294 on: February 26, 2024, 08:51:25 AM »
Cafe Manna has chilaquiles as a special dish on occasion. Worth da drive from da Twin Cities, hey?

Didn’t take you for a lover of the vegan cuisine, Doc, mad respect

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #295 on: February 26, 2024, 10:59:45 AM »
I'm gluten and grain free by choice. Manna does a great job with their offerings. Bet you didn't know we could frequently be seen at Cafe 1505 also. Big fan of their Balsamic chicken salad and Tuna salad.
While I love my summit bros., I usually order a fish dish. Gotta watch da waistline, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #296 on: February 26, 2024, 02:05:47 PM »
I'm gluten and grain free by choice. Manna does a great job with their offerings. Bet you didn't know we could frequently be seen at Cafe 1505 also. Big fan of their Balsamic chicken salad and Tuna salad.
While I love my summit bros., I usually order a fish dish. Gotta watch da waistline, hey?

Cafe Manna is great, as is Cafe 1505, big fan 😁. You a quinoa guy or wild rice guy? Yeah, I gotta get that waistline moving back in the right direction.

Check out Strange Town sometime.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #297 on: February 26, 2024, 02:22:21 PM »
Just came back from a weekend at the Xavier game. I swear I gained about 40 pounds this weekend. The food scene in Milwaukee is outstanding! The bar scene always has been good and this year was no exception.

Buckley's was out of this world good. Had dinner there Saturday night with Newsdreams, Doc Blackheart and their wives. The pasta was to die for. Just an incredible atmosphere, good food and outstanding wine list (Doc expects the best  :) and always delivers. Really wonderful).

Sunday before the game was brunch at HarborHouse on the Lakefront. Elegant restaurant with exceptional crusine. Had the prime rib for brunch with my son and our Saturday night party. Worth a trip because of the ambiance, quality and the views were exceptional.

Food was wonderful both nights!

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2024, 03:58:50 PM »
We’ll be staying fairly near campus, yes.

The only place really near campus is (Exit 5 off of I-71):
* Listermann Brewery is practically on campus and you can walk to the Cintas in less than 10 minutes if you want to pre-game.  They serve food also.
* And a couple coffee shops.

One highway exit away headed north (Exit 6 off of I-71) is the Rookwood section of Cincinnati.  It's only a 5 minute drive from campus.  You can see two big strip mall plazas from the high way exit.
* Taste of Belgium Rookwood is here
* Agave & Rue Restaurant
* BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
* Local restaurants as well as national chains
* One block past the plazas is an Asian restaurant, Wild Ginger Asian Bistro, that we've eaten at a large number of times

Two highway exits away headed north (Exit 8A off of I-71) is the Oakley section of Cincinnati.  It's only a 10 minute drive from campus. 
* The very large MadTree Brewing is here.  They do have limited food options inside
* There's a Kroger/Target plaza with some chain restaurants in it
* Oakley Center has Sleepy Bee Cafe if you need a breakfast / lunch place
* Baba India, another restaurant we've eaten at a large number of times

If you want to visit OTR (Over-the-Rhine) that's only a 10 minute drive south from campus. 
It's loaded with bars & restaurants & breweries as well as the FC Cincinnati stadium.
* Sam Adam's largest brewery & taproom is here.  (Jim Koch is from Cincinnati.)
* Rheingeist Brewery
* Northern Row Brewery & Distillery
* MadTree has a smaller taproom here combined with a very good sit down restaurant called Alcove
* There's a Taste of Belgium here also.

* There is good breakfast place by the UC campus called HangOverEasy

If you have time visit the riverfront park by the Stadiums and the Roebling Bridge (Roebling, the architect, built this one before he designed the Brooklyn Bridge). 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2024, 04:45:22 PM »
Just came back from a weekend at the Xavier game. I swear I gained about 40 pounds this weekend. The food scene in Milwaukee is outstanding! The bar scene always has been good and this year was no exception.

Buckley's was out of this world good. Had dinner there Saturday night with Newsdreams, Doc Blackheart and their wives. The pasta was to die for. Just an incredible atmosphere, good food and outstanding wine list (Doc expects the best  :) and always delivers. Really wonderful).

Sunday before the game was brunch at HarborHouse on the Lakefront. Elegant restaurant with exceptional crusine. Had the prime rib for brunch with my son and our Saturday night party. Worth a trip because of the ambiance, quality and the views were exceptional.

Food was wonderful both nights!

Ahem.  No Real Chili mention?

feedback