[Today at 09:13:49 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Lennys Tap
[Today at 07:56:17 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Cord cutting revisited  (Read 92363 times)

dgies9156

• All American
Re: Cord cutting revisited
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2024, 01:42:26 PM »
Anyone here have ATT fiber? Now in my area - looks to be a lot cheaper than current ATT service.

We had Comcast for decades until I got fed up with crappy service last year.

We now have AT&T fiber right into our box and love it. No service disruptions, no orbiting circle in the middle of my Marquette game and top quality support.

Worth every nickel of what I pay for it.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2024, 03:38:07 PM »
Random question - has anyone here attempted to stream US sporting events in Jamaica?  My buddy decided to get married in Jamaica, which will be a nice little getaway, but I will be there S16/E8 weekend.  Unfortunately its more of a bed/breakfast type place - not a large all inclusive.  Seems like the viewing options within the "resort" might be non-existent, so I might be down to having to attempt to stream the games on a laptop. 

I have a silly amount of anxiety that I won't be able to watch the NCAA tournament games, especially if MU is still alive (hope to have this problem!).  I've never been to Jamaica - has anyone on Scoop been and attempted to stream US sporting events without a VPN?

Would love any info so I am not in a mad scramble next Thursday (we land early afternoon).  Thanks in advance!

I have been to Jamaica many times and will also be there a week from Saturday. No experience using VPNs there as I have always been able to locate a bar that carries most US games be it NFL, NCAA etc.

Not sure about all-inclusives, couldn't have gone as many times as we have that way. I stay in Negril and besides the Margarittaville, many bars in Negril carry US sports.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2024, 04:03:37 PM »
I have been to Jamaica many times and will also be there a week from Saturday. No experience using VPNs there as I have always been able to locate a bar that carries most US games be it NFL, NCAA etc.

Not sure about all-inclusives, couldn't have gone as many times as we have that way. I stay in Negril and besides the Margarittaville, many bars in Negril carry US sports.

Really appreciate the response, Spot!

My understanding of the place we're staying is that its a bit remote and that there are not bars within walking distance.  Its along the southern coast in the central part of the island. We will not have a car either.  Admittedly have done very little research as am "along for the ride" with a group of friend that set it up.  I am hoping that worst case scenario my MU wife and I can find a bar in walking distance if we're unable to figure out a way to stream in the game in the b&b were staying, but don't want to rely on that.

Have you tried to stream any games over wifi while there?  Just wondering if I am going to get geoblocked when I try to stream on my laptop or a firestick. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2024, 04:06:13 PM »

My understanding of the place we're staying is that its a bit remote and that there are not bars within walking distance.  Its along the southern coast in the central part of the island. We will not have a car either.  Admittedly have done very little research as am "along for the ride" with a group of friend that set it up.  I am hoping that worst case scenario my MU wife and I can find a bar in walking distance if we're unable to figure out a way to stream in the game in the b&b were staying, but don't want to rely on that.

Have you tried to stream any games over wifi while there?  Just wondering if I am going to get geoblocked when I try to stream on my laptop or a firestick.

Walking around inland Jamaica?  Consider not doing that.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2024, 04:35:41 PM »

I was just gonna post the same thing.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2024, 04:42:20 PM »
I was just gonna post the same thing.

Right…which is exactly why I am trying to figure out if these games are going to be stream able. FWIW - it’s on the coast, not inland. But ya…my default position is to not wonder off the property.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2024, 07:05:20 PM »
Kinda like wanderin' 'round downtown MKE, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2024, 07:24:24 PM »
Kinda like wanderin' 'round downtown MKE, aina?

Or Montana
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2024, 10:48:07 PM »
Right…which is exactly why I am trying to figure out if these games are going to be stream able. FWIW - it’s on the coast, not inland. But ya…my default position is to not wonder off the property.

In a pinch, the internet is full of wonderful things, as long as you use ad-blockers, close all popup windows, and don't click to pay for anything!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:51:13 PM by rocky_warrior »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #634 on: March 20, 2024, 09:41:41 AM »

Can you just sign up for a VPN, think some of the them give a free week or monthly trials.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #635 on: April 16, 2024, 07:21:08 PM »

Called Spectrum to cancel my TV service since I have YouTube TV now.

I was told that because of the unbundling, the internet portion of my bill would go from $75 to $86.

Or, I could get a free cell phone line (text, talk, and data) for 12 months and my combo cell+internet bill would be $62/month.  In other words, they are paying me $24 a month to use their cell service.

Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #636 on: April 16, 2024, 09:08:36 PM »
Thanks, Obama.