[Today at 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2024  (Read 49269 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
Re: Golf 2023
« Reply #600 on: June 24, 2023, 05:14:32 PM »
Zhang appears to be the real deal. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #601 on: June 28, 2023, 12:59:18 PM »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #602 on: June 28, 2023, 01:00:04 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2023, 06:26:47 PM »
Looks like they set up Sentry World to be a pain in the butt US Senior Open test.   Are there still COVID restrictions in Wisconsin?  No fans on site.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2023, 06:38:46 PM »
Looks like they set up Sentry World to be a pain in the butt US Senior Open test.   Are there still COVID restrictions in Wisconsin?  No fans on site.

Quite different than the usual Champions Tour hit and giggle.

Langer in the lead. Incredible at 65.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #605 on: July 01, 2023, 07:24:20 AM »

Not sure how much infrastructure they can put out there.  Was surprised they chose that venue.  Not that it isn’t capable of being a championship course, just that its location and space is, well, Stevens Point.

Also, not a destination venue to see.  I’m a golf nut but I’m not traveling to see the old farts play SentryWorld.  Pebble?  Oakmont?  Sure

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #606 on: July 02, 2023, 10:16:25 AM »
Not sure how much infrastructure they can put out there.  Was surprised they chose that venue.  Not that it isn’t capable of being a championship course, just that its location and space is, well, Stevens Point.

Also, not a destination venue to see.  I’m a golf nut but I’m not traveling to see the old farts play SentryWorld.  Pebble?  Oakmont?  Sure

pretty short sighted here reeko.  the state of wisconsin has become a golf destination.  when sand valley started to take shape, my biggest complaint was infrastructure.  now look at it.  they are building infrastructure around a complex of world class golf courses.  not to mention the other courses they already have in the vicinity-lake arrowhead, northern bay, among others.  this is all on the way from blackwolf run and whistling straights.  then there are the courses at wisconsin dells-wild rock, trappers turn and cold water canyon.

for golf crazies going to the senior open can very easily be planned around trips to any number of the courses mentioned

having the event during summerfest (yes ,i know that's 2 hours away) is another draw.

sentry world is a great/unique course.  i have to agree however, it may not be set up very well for spectator events. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #607 on: July 02, 2023, 10:38:45 AM »

Yeah it’s weird because when Sentry first opened it was probably the course that people thought would host the next major in Wisconsin. But that was 35 years ago.

Having been exposed to some of the leadership at Sentry Insurance over the years, I wouldn’t doubt that they threw a real good deal in front of the USGA to land it though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #608 on: July 02, 2023, 11:04:57 AM »

Yeah it’s weird because when Sentry first opened it was probably the course that people thought would host the next major in Wisconsin. But that was 35 years ago.

Having been exposed to some of the leadership at Sentry Insurance over the years, I wouldn’t doubt that they threw a real good deal in front of the USGA to land it though.

They’re very involved in golf and will only continue to be more aggressive in trying to land more events at SentryWorld.

Hard to work with the current leadership at the USGA who are anchoring their premium events at designated sites, though. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #609 on: July 02, 2023, 11:08:45 AM »
  pretty short sighted here reeko.  the state of wisconsin has become a golf destination.  when sand valley started to take shape, my biggest complaint was infrastructure.  now look at it.  they are building infrastructure around a complex of world class golf courses.  not to mention the other courses they already have in the vicinity-lake arrowhead, northern bay, among others.  this is all on the way from blackwolf run and whistling straights.  then there are the courses at wisconsin dells-wild rock, trappers turn and cold water canyon.

for golf crazies going to the senior open can very easily be planned around trips to any number of the courses mentioned

having the event during summerfest (yes ,i know that's 2 hours away) is another draw.

sentry world is a great/unique course.  i have to agree however, it may not be set up very well for spectator events.

I’m well aware Wisconsin is now a golf destination.  That includes SentryWorld, though I’d put it well behind Sand Valley, Destination Kohler, Erin Hills and Lawsonia. 

SentryWorld has a very unique setup with regards to pricing and tee times.  They’re not overbooking the course and really catering to the crowd looking for a full experience.  It’s just not a course people see as a destination to watch golf or see the course, even for the junkies.  The geriatric tour isn’t moving the needle with its current lineup. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #610 on: July 02, 2023, 01:09:55 PM »
Taylor Gooch wins 3rd LIV Golf of the year . $12 million for those wins.

Looks LIV going to be around for sometime according to this article

https://golf.com/news/is-liv-golf-surviving-2023-players-answer/?amp=1

---Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #611 on: July 02, 2023, 01:15:15 PM »
I’m well aware Wisconsin is now a golf destination.  That includes SentryWorld, though I’d put it well behind Sand Valley, Destination Kohler, Erin Hills and Lawsonia. 

SentryWorld has a very unique setup with regards to pricing and tee times.  They’re not overbooking the course and really catering to the crowd looking for a full experience.  It’s just not a course people see as a destination to watch golf or see the course, even for the junkies.  The geriatric tour isn’t moving the needle with its current lineup.

just saying with you p!ssing all over the fact that they are holding the senior us open at sentry world...like it ain't worthy and who's going to go?

golf destination!  taking in the seniors, preempted or followed by a few rounds at any of our other esteemed courses making a guys week out of it

oh, and btw, rickie is playing pretty well AGAIN.  he's on a mission!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2023, 01:49:38 PM »
just saying with you p!ssing all over the fact that they are holding the senior us open at sentry world...like it ain't worthy and who's going to go?

golf destination!  taking in the seniors, preempted or followed by a few rounds at any of our other esteemed courses making a guys week out of it

oh, and btw, rickie is playing pretty well AGAIN.  he's on a mission!

Great afternoon for Team Europe

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2023, 01:49:56 PM »

LIV is dead

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #614 on: July 02, 2023, 02:15:38 PM »

I’m not sure a dominant Taylor Gooch is the excitement LIV is going for.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #615 on: July 02, 2023, 02:31:03 PM »
Langer apparently decoded to go medieval against the local Wisco boys. 

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #616 on: July 02, 2023, 02:33:26 PM »
Ricky Fowler with a much needed win
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #617 on: July 02, 2023, 02:35:53 PM »
Langer apparently decoded to go medieval against the local Wisco boys.
Looks like Bernhard is going to break Hale Irwins Champions tour record for most wins
            ---Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #618 on: July 02, 2023, 04:01:36 PM »
Looks like Bernhard is going to break Hale Irwins Champions tour record for most wins
Any Hauser sightings in the crowd?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #619 on: July 02, 2023, 07:37:38 PM »
Not sure Langer’s place in golf history but his achievements after 50 are incredible. 

The good news is, Jerry Kelly didn’t win. 

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #620 on: July 02, 2023, 07:49:16 PM »
Not sure Langer’s place in golf history but his achievements after 50 are incredible. 

The good news is, Jerry Kelly didn’t win.

Langer is still 2nd all time in wins on the Euro Tour. Only Seve has more. He had a great career even pre-50.

In my mind, he's pro golf's ironman.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #621 on: July 02, 2023, 08:02:34 PM »
Langer is still 2nd all time in wins on the Euro Tour. Only Seve has more. He had a great career even pre-50.

In my mind, he's pro golf's ironman.

First pro win was in 1980.  Remarkable to win a Senior US Open 43 years later

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #622 on: July 03, 2023, 07:22:58 AM »
Women play the US Open at Pebble this week.  Ought to be a fascinating and fun watch

tower912

• All American
« Reply #623 on: July 03, 2023, 07:40:18 AM »
Rooting for Amy Olson.   If you love great stories.....   winning a US Open 7 months pregnant would be just about the best.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #624 on: July 03, 2023, 08:06:23 AM »
That is a great story, tower. I'll also be real interested to see how Rose Zhang does; she'll be playing on a special exemption.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson