[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Golf 2024  (Read 49510 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Golf 2023
« Reply #500 on: June 06, 2023, 06:05:52 PM »
I think so.   But to what end?   Could a new commissioner undo the deal?  Then what?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #501 on: June 06, 2023, 06:18:54 PM »
Could PGA membership dismiss Monaghan? 

I heard about a minute snippet of the guy and was not remotely impressed by anything he said.

Maybe the Saudis bought up all of his debts too?

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #502 on: June 06, 2023, 06:47:23 PM »
Maybe the Saudis bought up all of his debts too?

I've gotta tell you....and I've just caught bits on pga radio today but I think I'm done watching the sport.  Obviously Monaghan is a hypocritical scumbag but I'm also astounded at some of the media remarks that I've heard.  Other than someone I've never heard of, Eamon Lynch?, you would think these people were just handed a million dollars in cash?  Freaking crazy.  It's  as if I'm listening to an SNL satire!  "it's not about the short-term, it's about 10 years from now" uttered Monaghan.  Does he even fking realize that's EXACTLY the freaking point of sportswashing?????  You can't make this stuff up!! 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: June 06, 2023, 06:54:20 PM »
Shocked that an organization run by wealthy elitists to benefit wealtty elitists wasn't sincere in its stance on human rights.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #504 on: June 06, 2023, 07:01:12 PM »
I've gotta tell you....and I've just caught bits on pga radio today but I think I'm done watching the sport.  Obviously Monaghan is a hypocritical scumbag but I'm also astounded at some of the media remarks that I've heard.  Other than someone I've never heard of, Eamon Lynch?, you would think these people were just handed a million dollars in cash?  Freaking crazy.  It's  as if I'm listening to an SNL satire!  "it's not about the short-term, it's about 10 years from now" uttered Monaghan.  Does he even fking realize that's EXACTLY the freaking point of sportswashing?????  You can't make this stuff up!!

It’s ok.  You buy sneakers from China
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #505 on: June 06, 2023, 07:12:38 PM »
I live near lots of PGA Tour top brass. These guys have had a highly compensated personal fiefdom with no accountability for many years . Excellent work if you can get it.This was always about the money from all sides .

PGA tour players should be kissing Greg Norman’s gluteus . They are all better off.

DP World Tour also getting a big upgrade.

Just finished several days at Pinehurst and  everyone there is pumped that this is settled before 2024 US Open

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #506 on: June 06, 2023, 07:19:35 PM »
It’s ok.  You buy sneakers from China

That's not the same thing. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #507 on: June 06, 2023, 07:22:52 PM »
That's not the same thing.

Of course it isn’t.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #508 on: June 06, 2023, 07:24:35 PM »
I live near lots of PGA Tour top brass. These guys have had a highly compensated personal fiefdom with no accountability for many years . Excellent work if you can get it.This was always about the money from all sides .

PGA tour players should be kissing Greg Norman’s gluteus . They are all better off.

DP World Tour also getting a big upgrade.

Just finished several days at Pinehurst and  everyone there is pumped that this is settled before 2024 US Open

What are the upgrades for the DP World Tour?  What are the specific upgrades?  Please share the details.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #509 on: June 06, 2023, 07:51:29 PM »
It will be interesting to see now many gazillionaire CEOs continue to have their companies sponsor tournaments.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #510 on: June 06, 2023, 07:52:23 PM »
I live near lots of PGA Tour top brass.

Of course you do.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #511 on: June 06, 2023, 08:23:20 PM »
Bob Parsons is in a fix.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #512 on: June 06, 2023, 08:44:23 PM »
I totally respect you position and it is completely understandable, as long as you have not been a fan or supporter of the PGA or NBA who have relationships with China. And I assume you have spoke out about the Democrats and Republicans who have supported the relationship, including selling arms, with Saudi Arabia.

If you are that consistent in your ethical standards, great for you. I know someone else who is and he is no fan of the NBA and PGA. He likes the sports but dislikes the professional organizations due to their tolerance of the China government and its practice of 'sportswashing'.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #513 on: June 06, 2023, 08:52:23 PM »
I totally respect you position and it is completely understandable, as long as you have not been a fan or supporter of the PGA or NBA who have relationships with China. And I assume you have spoke out about the Democrats and Republicans who have supported the relationship, including selling arms, with Saudi Arabia.

If you are that consistent in your ethical standards, great for you. I know someone else who is and he is no fan of the NBA and PGA. He likes the sports but dislikes the professional organizations due to their tolerance of the China government and its practice of 'sportswashing'.

I love basketball and watch the NBA.  I understand their hypocrisy as well and am no fan of their leadership.  But in this particular situation with golf I think it's more nuanced when individuals and the entire sport are being funded by the House of Saud.   
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 09:01:04 PM by MuggsyB »

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2023, 08:58:54 PM »

This is only true if you assume they are all craven whores.  Every significant PGA tour player that did not jump to LIV made that decision at personal, financial expense. I think it is fair to assume that they made that decision at least in part for moral reasons - LIV was willing to pay whoever would jump.  To now call them "better off" because they're getting more money from the Saudis, despite their previous decision to forego that, is pretty demeaning.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2023, 09:05:26 PM »
This is only true if you assume they are all craven whores.  Every significant PGA tour player that did not jump to LIV made that decision at personal, financial expense. I think it is fair to assume that they made that decision at least in part for moral reasons - LIV was willing to pay whoever would jump.  To now call them "better off" because they're getting more money from the Saudis, despite their previous decision to forego that, is pretty demeaning.

Greg Norman wanted to destroy the PGA Tour but in the end, destroyed his reputation and place in the game.  There’s no place left for him. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2023, 09:09:04 PM »
Greg Norman wanted to destroy the PGA Tour but in the end, destroyed his reputation and place in the game.  There’s no place left for him.

He also destroyed the PGA tour. 

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #517 on: June 06, 2023, 09:12:22 PM »
I love basketball and watch the NBA.  I understand their hypocrisy as well and am no fan of their leadership. .  But in this particular situation with golf I think it's more nuanced when individuals and the entire sport are being funded by the House of Saud.
I get it. IMHO, there were enough reasons to dislike LIV without painting ourselves into a corner on the ethical issues.

Personally, I was enjoying watching LIV wither on the vine and looking forward to its failure. I don't like Monaghan for doing this deal and mismanaging the PGA for years. I have a gut feeling it will come to light the Monaghan and the PGA brass are pocketing huge money.

To be fully honest, I give the LIV credit for forcing some changes and giving PGA players a more equitable share of the pie, but that's the only silver lining I see.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #518 on: June 06, 2023, 09:15:30 PM »
The guy is a putz........... a putz with $300 million.  >:(

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #519 on: June 06, 2023, 09:19:49 PM »
That written statement by Monahan specifically about his hypocrisy is literally the most pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #520 on: June 07, 2023, 06:08:32 AM »
Shocked that an organization run by wealthy elitists to benefit wealtty elitists wasn't sincere in its stance on human rights.

I am amazed that so many are surprised, honestly.

Everyone has a price.  Literally, everyone.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #521 on: June 07, 2023, 07:39:31 AM »
Welp

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #523 on: June 07, 2023, 07:55:48 AM »
What are the upgrades for the DP World Tour?  What are the specific upgrades?  Please share the details.
DP was losing lots of its high profile talent to LIV, had become a feeder tour to PGA Tour. Their Ryder Cup team , which is a big deal on their tour, was withering. The DP had almost had become a Korn Ferry Tour 2.0. All that reduces value to Sponsors.

Now they will regain access to their talent, with coordinated schedules will  have an equal footing with PGA Tour and LIV and as result will most likely gain sponsors.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #524 on: June 07, 2023, 07:56:32 AM »
Making SMU proud

https://twitter.com/troncarternlu/status/1666405114490286080?s=46&t=QSiaGcOIKZrrpw0ciZkI5Q

Oof...

But how does "the game of golf" win here?  How does it "grow the game?" (I don't think he knows the answers to these question either BTW.)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow