'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 06:52:38 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 49 free throw attempts  (Read 15020 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: 49 free throw attempts
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2022, 07:13:24 PM »

You're mixing up "facts" and "opinions" again.

Not a good look.
Can you ever respond with substance?

Or is it all sanctimonious snark to mask the fact that you’ve actually got nothing?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2022, 07:14:38 PM »
Can you ever respond with substance?

Or is it all sanctimonious snark to mask the fact that you’ve actually got nothing?

I have.  You have either missed it or failed to understand it.

You'll claim the former.  It's for sure the latter.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2022, 07:15:17 PM »

I have.  You have either missed it or failed to understand it.

You'll claim the former.  It's for sure the latter.
More sanctimonious snark that lacks substance.

No shock.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2022, 07:18:35 PM »

No shock.

His only friends are make-believe.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2022, 07:19:51 PM »
His only friends are make-believe.
He’s the Sultan of Semantics but I have yet to see him win, or even understand, a semantic argument.

• All American
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2022, 07:20:58 PM »

No shock.

Again, go back and look. You will find it. Not doing your work for you.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2022, 07:44:43 PM »

You're mixing up "facts" and "opinions" again.

Not a good look.

No, I made the distinction earlier. You're ignoring facts. The numbers are what they are. You're entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't change the facts, no matter how obstinate you choose to be.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #207 on: December 21, 2022, 07:46:11 PM »
Which referee was responsible for missing a bunch of shots down the stretch and turning the ball over several times with an 8 point lead ?
Did he say that? No. But you'll contort yourself silly and make non-sensical "arguments" like the above rather than ever concede that maybe your initial hot take isn't supported by actual facts.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2022, 07:53:05 PM »
I’m at Costco today. I see an old guy in the liquor section loading up his cart. I notice his Marquette jacket. I walk by and chime  “tough 2OT loss last night for MU”. His reply….   ”refs screwed us”.
That’s it. Debate over. Done.

• All American
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2022, 07:54:42 PM »
No, I made the distinction earlier. You're ignoring facts. The numbers are what they are. You're entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't change the facts, no matter how obstinate you choose to be.

You posted facts that don't correlate.  Drawing conclusions based on that are definitely opinions.  It's not hard.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2022, 08:04:58 PM »
A player on the floor is only allowed to call a time out during live action, unless it is within the last minutes of each half or overtime when a coach can. IIRC, this was not within the last two minutes.

If so (and the rule hasn't changed again recently), Driscoll gave MU a double wedgie.

Ah I understand what you are saying now.

panda

• All American
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2022, 08:05:05 PM »
Did he say that? No. But you'll contort yourself silly and make non-sensical "arguments" like the above rather than ever concede that maybe your initial hot take isn't supported by actual facts.

I’m confused. All this talk about how last nights foul discrepancy was a statistical anomaly and such a rare occurrence leads me to believe some fans think the refs are more to blame for the loss rather than the team who blew an eight point lead with five minutes left.

Am I wrong ? 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2022, 08:05:15 PM »
Viper

Unlike PointWarrior I do not have multiple friends call me to compare this years team/Shaka to the Wojo era, but I did have conversations with several friends and two out of the three noted the refs and said glowing things about the team. One is a SH fan and one is a Nova backer and both watch the BE closely. I think some on here micro manage their view/expectations and miss out on enjoying the program.

I hate losing, but I hated supporting a program in quicksand even more. If you were not a fan of MU and watched the game I think many would have a different perspective than they do as a fan. It was  an exciting game with ups and downs for both teams. No moral victory, but we are no longer in quicksand.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2022, 08:06:06 PM »
I’m confused. All this talk about how last nights foul discrepancy was a statistical anomaly and such a rare occurrence leads me to believe some fans think the refs are more to blame for the loss rather than the team who blew an eight point lead with five minutes left.

Am I wrong ?

Either or is reasonable
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

panda

• All American
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2022, 08:11:46 PM »
Either or is reasonable

That’s not how this works lol

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2022, 08:51:20 PM »
No moral victory, but we are no longer in quicksand.

I recently learned that you can only sink to about waist deep in quicksand, so I think saying the program was in quicksand is being generous. It was more like falling into black tar pit. It feels good to care about the tough losses again versus just complete apathy.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2022, 08:57:19 PM »
I’m confused.

Finally something the entire board can agree on.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2022, 09:04:29 PM »
Viper

Unlike PointWarrior I do not have multiple friends call me to compare this years team/Shaka to the Wojo era, but I did have conversations with several friends and two out of the three noted the refs and said glowing things about the team. One is a SH fan and one is a Nova backer and both watch the BE closely. I think some on here micro manage their view/expectations and miss out on enjoying the program.

I hate losing, but I hated supporting a program in quicksand even more. If you were not a fan of MU and watched the game I think many would have a different perspective than they do as a fan. It was  an exciting game with ups and downs for both teams. No moral victory, but we are no longer in quicksand.
we actually moved up a spot on the Kenpom rating despite last nights defeat. I see us staying in the 25-35 Pomeroy range all season…thinking 12 BE wins, 21 total heading into the tourney as a 7 or 8 seed. From there it’s about matchups. I wish we had another 6’7” wing or an Oso backup, but we’ll make do.  I’m very excited for ‘23-24 if the team stays together.

panda

• All American
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2022, 09:10:39 PM »
Finally something the entire board can agree on.

So it’s not the refs fault ? Is providence still just really lucky ?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2022, 09:19:55 PM »
Marquette made 9 more field goals last night.  Literally, Providence needed the officials to call fouls on Marquette to make up the field goal discrepancy, helping them win. 

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #220 on: December 21, 2022, 09:21:58 PM »

Am I wrong ?
How many times does it have to be stated that MU should have been able to win anyway, but that the reffing was astonishingly horrible for you to be able to understand it?

You're not confused. You simply want to argue different tangents when your argument is demolished because you appear to be genetically unable to ever admit you might be mistaken.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

panda

• All American
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2022, 09:28:34 PM »
How many times does it have to be stated that MU should have been able to win anyway, but that the reffing was astonishingly horrible for you to be able to understand it?

You're not confused. You simply want to argue different tangents when your argument is demolished because you appear to be genetically unable to ever admit you might be mistaken.

I said it in my first or second post, postgame. Ref show, but no excuse for the last five minutes which we totally threw away the game.

Go ahead and talk about foul discrepancy, but the true reason we lost is our own fault. This game is the perfect example that refereeing can be astonishingly uneven and yet it’s still very easy to point to one’s own faults that, if corrected, would’ve changed the outcome of the game.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #222 on: December 21, 2022, 09:50:25 PM »
You posted facts that don't correlate.  Drawing conclusions based on that are definitely opinions.  It's not hard.

You've acknowledged earlier that refs do have bad games where they are inconsistent. You don't think a FT disparity so high that it has only happened three times in 13 years is possible evidence that last night was one of those times?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #223 on: December 21, 2022, 09:59:10 PM »
I said it in my first or second post, postgame. Ref show, but no excuse for the last five minutes which we totally threw away the game.

Go ahead and talk about foul discrepancy, but the true reason we lost is our own fault. This game is the perfect example that refereeing can be astonishingly uneven and yet it’s still very easy to point to one’s own faults that, if corrected, would’ve changed the outcome of the game.

What if I told you that there can be more than one reason that a team loses a game, especially a game that goes to OT?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2022, 03:26:10 AM »
Under Woj we were tryin' ta swim in a pool of dung, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"