[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by BobWildLoyalist
[Today at 10:36:31 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by MU82
[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Omaha steaks  (Read 880 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Omaha steaks
« on: December 05, 2022, 09:38:25 PM »
Not for me, but potental Christmas present for my carnivore brother-in-law, who will eat anything red provided it used to moo.

I have never consumed any of their products but I have seen them advertised heavily for decades.

Would you like to receive a gift from them?? Would you spend $150-200 to buy for your own use?? How is the quality??  Is everything as advertised??  On a scale of 1 to 10, how was your experience??

When I think of meat I think of butcher shops and cold meat lockers and freshness, not a box delivered by UPS or by Fed Ex. I know everything is safe, but I have always had a mental block about buying things through the mail that can spoil easily.

What do you guys have to say??

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Omaha steaks
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 09:41:59 PM »
You'd  be better off getting him a gift card to a local butcher.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 04:32:33 AM »
Outside the trophy value, hard pass.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 05:15:46 AM »
Not for me, but potental Christmas present for my carnivore brother-in-law, who will eat anything red provided it used to moo.

I have never consumed any of their products but I have seen them advertised heavily for decades.

Would you like to receive a gift from them?? Would you spend $150-200 to buy for your own use?? How is the quality??  Is everything as advertised??  On a scale of 1 to 10, how was your experience??

When I think of meat I think of butcher shops and cold meat lockers and freshness, not a box delivered by UPS or by Fed Ex. I know everything is safe, but I have always had a mental block about buying things through the mail that can spoil easily.

If the guy is a real pain in the ass, perfect gift. Aside from that ZFB is spot on

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 05:16:57 AM »
Or a gift card to a company like Porter Road.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 05:56:03 AM »
Anything you can get local is better than omaha steaks.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 08:25:57 AM »
Especially butterflied elephant filets, wrapped in Manatee bacon.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 08:31:00 AM »
FWIW, I gave up on Omaha Steaks about 7 years ago. I thought the quality went way down as they grew.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 12:27:01 PM »

100% agree.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 02:06:51 PM »

I just received an Omaha Steaks gift today . Generally I receive an Omaha Steaks or a Kansas City Steaks at least once a year at Christmas from someone. Kansas City Steaks are a little better.

My kids will eat any meat.   So your brother in law should be fine receiving the gift.

We give away the apple tart frozen desert to one of the neighbors  who likes that kind of thing. 

I would not spend the money to buy Omaha Steak for our family, but as a gift received it is fine.

They pack the frozen steaks in dry ice in a styro-foam cooler.

We put them in the freezer and they come in handy if we haven't gone to the store in a while.

Ranking as a gift received 7/10
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 05:13:26 PM »
Is he a DIY-er?  Send him a steer.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 05:45:29 PM »
Just bought more Gary’s Quicksteaks. Wonderful stuff!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 08:36:21 AM »
If he has a Traeger pellet grill, a very high end Weber, or similar then this is a great idea.  If he loves grilling/smoking/using a pellet grill and has any off brand or a more base level Weber, this will be an overspend on the quality of the product and you'd be better off getting a gift card for a local butcher. 

feedback