[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lowest lows follow the highest highs  (Read 11967 times)

Shooter McGavin

• All American
Re: Lowest lows follow the highest highs
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2022, 06:30:05 PM »
I want Omax shooting open 3's.    Today is the first time I can remember that he wanted to be the man at crunch time.   He had good looks.  He missed.   In his case, perhaps he should have gone past the defender closing out and tried to get either a lay up or a foul. 

Opportunity for growth.

Yes, way better than Kolek shying away from the moment.  Definitely didn’t mind Omax shooting. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2022, 06:32:04 PM »

Yep.  He hits that wide open three at the top of the key, MU likely wins.

Has he hit a three from the top of the key this season?  Under 4 mins I think DJop amd Ross should have been on the floor offensive/defense. 

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2022, 06:33:44 PM »
If Hepburn hadn’t missed most of 2nd half we’d have lost by double digits. The 2nd half comeback is a mirage. Yuck.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2022, 06:34:43 PM »
Has he hit a three from the top of the key this season?  Under 4 mins I think DJop amd Ross should have been on the floor offensive/defense. 

I want OMax on the floor at all times down the stretch.  Yes, Ross should have played more, but not at his expense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2022, 06:36:27 PM »
I want OMax on the floor at all times down the stretch.  Yes, Ross should have played more, but not at his expense.
I think Ross a frosh with 4 fouls was why he wasn't in.
Goal is National Championship

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2022, 06:38:43 PM »

Perhaps  but I think it depends on the game.  Djop and Ross if nothing else space the floor.  They were not guarding Mitchell and O-Max from distance in the closing mins. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2022, 06:39:36 PM »
wades

I will call myself out on my prediction. I fully expected they would come out fast and get a quick lead. That did not happen and we trailed the whole way. Very disappointing loss and pissed off with result.

I don’t care if the Badgers shot 100% in the first, this is the game we should win. Zero silver lining to me, but I  not looking for silver linings.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2022, 06:54:53 PM »
I blame all of you losers who placed wagers on Bucky.
Have some patience, FFS.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2022, 06:59:29 PM »
If O-Max hits any of those 3s, down the stretch MU wins.  That's what this team is
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2022, 06:59:32 PM »
Baylor game is an aberration - can’t beat a weak Wisconsin team missing their PG for a half, at home yet.   9th in the BE may be right.

MU fans call Wisconsin weak almost every year. They are almost always wrong.

MU will be top 4 in BE and Uw could well be top 4 in the B10.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2022, 07:11:17 PM »
I am far less disappointed about this loss than I am high over the Baylor win. We saw the upside of the team on Tuesday and if today is the low, we are going the right direction.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2022, 07:13:26 PM »
I am far less disappointed about this loss than I am high over the Baylor win. We saw the upside of the team on Tuesday and if today is the low, we are going the right direction.

yep yep!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2022, 07:20:58 PM »
wades

I will call myself out on my prediction. I fully expected they would come out fast and get a quick lead. That did not happen and we trailed the whole way. Very disappointing loss and pissed off with result.

I don’t care if the Badgers shot 100% in the first, this is the game we should win. Zero silver lining to me, but I  not looking for silver linings.

I have no problem with people making an incorrect prediction. I do chuckle when someone who made no prediction (Lenny) comes on here calling out people for their incorrect prediction. I was wondering if Lenny did that for all incorrect predictions, or just for certain posters. (Actually, I wasn’t wondering at all. I knew for 100% certain the answer to that.)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2022, 07:21:51 PM »

That’s a good point, Goose.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2022, 07:39:08 PM »
Badgers execute their offense year after year just lol they did today.

MU played well but not enough at the end when the game was on the line .

Looking forward to beating The Irosh

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2022, 08:02:15 PM »
Well said Goose. Feel the same
No Finish Line

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2022, 08:07:01 PM »

Absolutely. Plenty of opportunities. Win next two, do well in Conf, we’re more than fine
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2022, 08:17:18 PM »
Not sure I agree Goose - mediocre Wisconsin team, hated rival at home favored by 6, missing PG for 2nd half, and lost.   crapty loss by Shaka

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2022, 08:21:43 PM »
We have now seen how Coach Smart plans to address the size issue underneath.  Double teams.   I actually liked some of them and really saw the emphasis in rotation by the weak side
 Wiscy made MU pay and made it rain.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2022, 08:23:00 PM »
We have now seen how Coach Smart plans to address the size issue underneath.  Double teams.   I actually liked some of them and really saw the emphasis in rotation by the weak side
 Wiscy made MU pay and made it rain.

They were way better in the second half because they didn't come off UW's shooters.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »
Point

I think you know I want to win badly and not looking for baby steps, if that is all we get. We are going the right direction.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2022, 08:37:19 PM »
Absolutely brutal. Wisconsin is not good really at all. A bunch of what should be roll players on that team. We did make a Chucky Hepburn look like Dame Lillard. And couldn’t even pull it out with him missing 15 minutes and being hobbled when he came back.

Horrendous defensive strategy first half to double Steven Crown on the first bounce literally every time. Not hard to beat that when you know exactly what’s coming.

Then with Hepburn out/hampered we didn’t harass them in the back court the entire first half.

Drawing up plays to get OMax a 3? That ain’t it. And those two last in bound plays? Woof.

Wonder if Lenny will call anyone out for their missed predictions tonight. Won’t hold my breath.

More shots at our coaching than you took (total) in 7 mostly mediocre to bad) years. Hmmm.

Hepburn was making tough step back 3s from the jump. Career game. Saying we made him Lilliard is just plain stupid.

Anyone who was 41 points off on their prediction (like you were vs Baylor) deserves to be called out. Anyone pick us to win by 41 in regulation? LOL.

Look. You don’t like Shaka’s coaching and you don’t like the players he recruits. You think we suck. That’s your prerogative. But these out of control rants aren’t a good look. Take a break. If Willie has hacked your account I apologize.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:41:59 PM by Lennys Tap »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2022, 08:45:46 PM »

More shots at our coaching than you took (total) in 7 mostly mediocre to bad) years. Hmmm.

Hepburn was making tough step back 3s from the jump. Career game. Saying we made him Lilliard is just plain stupid.

Anyone who was 41 points off on their prediction (like you were vs Baylor) deserves to be called out. Anyone pick us to win by 41 in regulation? LOL.

Look. You don’t like Shaka’s coaching and you don’t like the players he recruits. You think we suck. That’s your prerogative. But these out of control rants aren’t a good look. Take a break. If Willie has hacked your account I apologize.

I think Shaka is a good coach. I don’t think this year’s talent is good enough. And I didn’t think Shaka’s game plan was good today. I don’t think there was any kind of out of control rant. But thanks for the advice!

Does your bookie give you credit for being close when you lose a bet? If so, can I get his or her contact please?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:51:53 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

NolongerWarriors

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2022, 08:50:42 PM »
Shaka Smart LOL

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2022, 08:56:14 PM »
Shaka Smart LOL
at least theres one scooper enjoying this loss lol.

feedback