[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 03:40:45 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Badger Hate Week  (Read 8732 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Badger Hate Week
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2022, 08:42:49 AM »
The Dominic James volleyball spike block.

https://twitter.com/MUOverload/status/1598678384904523777?s=20&t=Cp7B-Zn2wp_j7SSp_cmgMQ

That spike block and more all day today and yesterday on Marquette Overload.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2022, 08:43:30 AM »
5) 2011 W @ at the kohl center (Mayo goes off iirc) huge win and cool to see an unexpected star but we were expected to win.

This is my #1 and we weren't expected to win. They were #9 and we were #16. Pre-game was electric around the Kohl Center, and Marquette fans were LOUD. Junior was suspended for the game but Derrick and Vander took turns harassing Jordan Taylor.

That game included one of my favorite Jae stories. UW would do the "alternating" player announcement before the game. Jae was announced, and waited at mid-court for I believe Jarred Bergeren, who was dancing and slap of fiving, etc. etc. etc. as he was announced.  After awhile, Jae basically said "f*ck this," turned around and walked back to wait for his teammates. None of the other MU players went to center court and the crowed booed them each time. The UW players would go and do a fake handshake anyway.  (My recollection was that Chicos was aghast by MU's behavior, but whatever...)
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2022, 08:45:45 AM »
Favorite MU vs UW games:

1) 2017: Markus Rowsey and Sam just hit another 3 82-63 and it wasn't that close

2) 2018: Marrow OT block

3) 2020: Lewis Put back

4) 2012: W at home (really made me less worried about losing DJO & Crowder)

5) 2011 W @ at the kohl center (Mayo goes off iirc) huge win and cool to see an unexpected star but we were expected to win.

1) 2007: 81-76 road victory.  Dom spike block, Jerel shooshes the crowd, Dom stares down Trevon Hughes

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2022, 08:48:55 AM »
1) 2007: 81-76 road victory.  Dom spike block, Jerel shooshes the crowd, Dom stares down Trevon Hughes

Only been a fan since the 08-09 season when I chose MU in HS. Unfortunately don't remember this
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2022, 08:50:32 AM »
This is my #1 and we weren't expected to win. They were #9 and we were #16. Pre-game was electric around the Kohl Center, and Marquette fans were LOUD. Junior was suspended for the game but Derrick and Vander took turns harassing Jordan Taylor.

That game included one of my favorite Jae stories. UW would do the "alternating" player announcement before the game. Jae was announced, and waited at mid-court for I believe Jarred Bergeren, who was dancing and slap of fiving, etc. etc. etc. as he was announced.  After awhile, Jae basically said "f*ck this," turned around and walked back to wait for his teammates. None of the other MU players went to center court and the crowed booed them each time. The UW players would go and do a fake handshake anyway.  (My recollection was that Chicos was aghast by MU's behavior, but whatever...)

Better memory than me. I was at the game and very intoxicated so don't recall most of that I just remember my cousin (UW student) was giving a million excuses why they weren't going to win before tip off so that's probably why I recalled us being favored. Thanks for correcting me.
Maigh Eo for Sam

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2022, 08:53:04 AM »
Better memory than me. I was at the game and very intoxicated so don't recall most of that I just remember my cousin (UW student) was giving a million excuses why they weren't going to win before tip off so that's probably why I recalled us being favored. Thanks for correcting me.

That was a fun one. If I remember right, one of the excuses was the full band wasn’t there since they had the Big Ten championship that night.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2022, 08:53:28 AM »

My freshman year at MU.  We bought tickets on the secondary market and they were 10 rows up in their student section.  Since we were used to GA tickets for the student section we figured we'd go 2 hours early like we would at the Bradley Center and take it all in.  We had made a sign with the infamous Brian Butch picture and were carrying it with us.  We go to walk in and the doors are locked.  They tell us they don't open until 90 minutes before tip, and that they don't allow signs in.  So we go somewhere, give the sign to the tallest guy in our group, he goes to the bathroom and wraps it around his leg.  Get into the Kohl Hole, get to our seats, and nobody is in there until 10 minutes before tip.  Keep the sign under our seats, with about a minute left I think we kind of had it in the bag.  Brought out the sign with the "We Are Marquette" chants and thought we might get murdered.  Dom murders Hughes, buzzer sounds, team runs from the other end of the court to their student section right by us and celebrates a bit.  Run across campus to our friend's dorm, show up at his door, and he's already been drinking because of what MU just did.

Last year wasn't quite as fun...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2022, 09:21:14 AM »
There is nothing better than a butt whooping in the Kohl Center with "We Are Marquette" chants ringing through the arena!

Lets get this W! We need the crowd to be rowdy!

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2022, 09:22:31 AM »

They try hack-a-Dwight and Mr. Burke coolly knocks down the free throws.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2022, 09:45:56 AM »
Hell yeah Chick! WTF?
Will he make her sit on her hands of the MU fight song?
I will gladly buy her a shirt/beer/whatever….make it happen if you can!

I was asked once not to wear MU spirit wear to a game.  There was a sales rep I worked with in Chicago that knew I was a Marquette fan.  He told me that he could get me great seats to the DePaul game at the Allstate Arena, but the one rule was that I couldn't wear any Marquette gear. The owner of the tickets would be pissed if he saw on TV that there were Marquette fans sitting in his seats.

I agreed (but I wore all black as a sort of protest), and it was completely worth it.  They were basically the DePaul equivalent of the courtside Dick Strong seats, and I sat next to Steve Kerr.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2022, 09:50:11 AM »
Hey, don't forget the USA v. the Netherlands tomorrow morning.

F*cking Dutch...

Have some patience, FFS.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2022, 10:28:48 AM »
2004- Diener with 29. The “Chris Grimm game” on Alando Tucker. I just looked up the box score, Grimm almost had a club trillion, but put up 3 fouls.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2022, 11:34:45 AM »

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2022, 11:36:29 AM »
54-55 Marquette win in 2015 with Luke Fisher scoring the winning basket with 26 seconds left

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2022, 11:42:44 AM »
Living here in Jersey the emotion that drives the rivalry are not as intense. However when I attended MU games at Rutgers or Seton Hall it amazed me how many MU alums are married to UW alums and have relocated here.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2022, 11:49:54 AM »
I was asked once not to wear MU spirit wear to a game.  There was a sales rep I worked with in Chicago that knew I was a Marquette fan.  He told me that he could get me great seats to the DePaul game at the Allstate Arena, but the one rule was that I couldn't wear any Marquette gear. The owner of the tickets would be pissed if he saw on TV that there were Marquette fans sitting in his seats.

I agreed (but I wore all black as a sort of protest), and it was completely worth it.  They were basically the DePaul equivalent of the courtside Dick Strong seats, and I sat next to Steve Kerr.

Warriors have to stick together, eh?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2022, 12:17:33 PM »
Alright, 'Rel. I'm ready to run through a wall now.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1598739077284728833
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2022, 12:23:12 PM »
Alright, 'Rel. I'm ready to run through a wall now.

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1598739077284728833

Missed opportunity not putting a clip of him shushing the crowd in the video otherwise I love it. Glad they got Ox going coast to coast in there
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2022, 12:57:39 PM »
My hate for the Badgers has varied over the years, from complete hate to modest hate to complacency. That said, the closer we get to playing them every year the complete hate always rises to the surface. I do not want to just beat them on Saturday, I hope that we blow them out of the gym.

I am leaning from going winning handily to predicting an ass whopping. This is the time to establish that MU is the premier basketball program in Wisconsin.

You said it all. Let's flatten the rodents with a bone crushing defeat. Go Warriors!!!

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2022, 01:13:58 PM »
Missed opportunity not putting a clip of him shushing the crowd in the video otherwise I love it. Glad they got Ox going coast to coast in there

Also, ending with the JLew tip-in at the buzzer.  That one had to hurt.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2022, 01:55:02 PM »

Did I miss the morrow block or they miss that too?
Maigh Eo for Sam

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2022, 01:55:59 PM »
You are young but wise, grasshopper:

Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2022, 02:12:33 PM »
You are young but wise, grasshopper:

Now that's someone who knows how to become a fan favorite in the NIL era
Maigh Eo for Sam

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2022, 03:46:14 PM »
Top 5 Putrid Weasel-Rodents?  I'll defer to the experts here and our Scoopers who have seen them all.

Only Five???

Off the top of my head:

Brad #FloppyMcNutpuncher Davison
Josh Gasser
Joe Krabbenhoft
Sam Dekker
Brian Butch
Nigel Hayes
Frank Kaminsky
and the "King" ..."Saint" Bo Ryan

The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2022, 04:47:45 PM »
Only Five???

Off the top of my head:

Brad #FloppyMcNutpuncher Davison
Josh Gasser
Joe Krabbenhoft
Sam Dekker
Brian Butch
Nigel Hayes
Frank Kaminsky
and the "King" ..."Saint" Bo Ryan

Bronson Koenig is very very very unlikable.