Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MU/Weasel-Rodent Game Thread  (Read 11438 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: MU/Weasel-Rodent Game Thread
« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2022, 07:41:15 PM »
He took one three Fluffy.  6 freaking shots?  He has to be a scoring option especially with Mitchell on the floor. 

Did you watch the game???

UW's defense extended on him so he would put the ball on the floor because that's where he gets into trouble.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2022, 07:43:52 PM »
Now that it has sunk in I'm  more upset about this loss than I originally thought. And it honestly has nothing to do with the rivalry.  That's a team you have to beat on your home floor.  Hopefully we punk Notre Dame and play our A Game vs Creighton the 16th. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 07:47:23 PM by MuggsyB »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2022, 07:52:12 PM »
Did you watch the game???

UW's defense extended on him so he would put the ball on the floor because that's where he gets into trouble.

He "gets in trouble" when he is hesitant.  Are you saying he picks up assists without dribbling?

• All American
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2022, 08:16:55 PM »
He "gets in trouble" when he is hesitant.  Are you saying he picks up assists without dribbling?

Oy.

Try to be consistent OK? You first said "terrified." Now you are saying "hesitant." Those are different.

To go back to the original point. Defenses aren't sagging off of TK. In fact, if anything, they are overplaying his outside shot right now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2022, 08:29:44 PM »
Oy.

Try to be consistent OK? You first said "terrified." Now you are saying "hesitant." Those are different.

To go back to the original point. Defenses aren't sagging off of TK. In fact, if anything, they are overplaying his outside shot right now.

Is he the only player that teams extend or overplay?   3/4 of our starting perimeter players made a total of one shot beyond  2 feet.  That's not gonna do it against halfway decent teams.   They have to be a threat to score in tight games. 

• All American
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2022, 08:30:39 PM »
Is he the only player that teams extend or overplay?   3/4 of our starting perimeter players made a total of one shot beyond  2 feet.  That's not gonna fo it against halfway decent teams.   They have to be a threat to score in tight games. 

Keep shifting the goalposts....

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2022, 08:32:58 PM »
Keep shifting the goalposts....

I'm not shifting anything, they have to be a threat to score.  If not it puts way too much pressure on Kam and OMax. 

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #332 on: December 03, 2022, 08:33:59 PM »
It blows my mind how we can lose when we have better athletes and a better coach.

I don't know about that latter part today.

• All American
« Reply #333 on: December 03, 2022, 08:37:42 PM »
Yeah, at some point Gard's gotta get his due.

GoldenEagles03

• All American
« Reply #334 on: December 03, 2022, 08:40:50 PM »
I don't know about that latter part today.

I don't know that either of those things are true.

UW wins games in March every season.  We are just trying to get back to doing that.  Shaka has a very tough task with this team though.

The looks have been there in the 3 close games, but we just don't have guys to knock them down.  UW, MS State, Purdue all L's.  Could be some tough weeks ahead too with the gauntlet starting at ND, but I think the growth is the important thing.

Maybe we pull out a win in our 4th attempt at a close game.
VIOLENCE!

Pops Sims

• Walk-On
« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2022, 10:25:15 PM »
It blows my mind how we can lose when we have better athletes and a better coach.

Seriously? "better athletes and better coaching"? Ever give a consistently better program its due? Consistency matters. Remind us again how many tournament games MU has won since 2013?
Hepburn plays the entire game today, you lose by 15...there's always "next year" 'lil' brother...

GrimmReaper33

• Starter
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2022, 10:27:34 PM »

Better coach?  We were literally doubling Carter bleeping Gilmore when he got the ball in the post.

feedback