Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Cupcake State  (Read 10188 times)

DoctorV

• All American
Re: Cupcake State
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2022, 11:59:40 PM »
hi no longer im just wondering if you are a genuine MU fan or not. you can DM me if you dont want it to be public. seems like virtually all of your posts are pessamistic and trollish like you want a reaction out of som1. whats the point? thanks

He’s probably warriorcaptain55/56 or whatever his name was

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2022, 12:26:04 AM »
Started slow, took it over and got up by 22. The zone and lacksadaisical play let them get back to a closer final deficit, but it never felt like this was in much doubt. Looking forward to Tuesday. Feel better about it than I did a month ago.

Never in doubt. Hard to keep focus up 20. It was a qin.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2022, 12:38:06 AM »
Never in doubt, but completely uninspiring.

Can we give Cardet some NIL money to transfer over immediately?

It’s one thing to shoot 30% from 3. It’s another to shoot 30% on wide open 3 pointers. You need shooting in today’s game, at any level. We don’t have them.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think the next couple weeks are going to be much fun.

Wades you have been so optimistic this year I was surprised when I read this, especially your last sentence. 

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2022, 05:13:56 AM »
Johnny….he is not. Hes not hiding it. Hes a Badger fan. Its not hard to figure out.

It’s the politics that he doesn’t like. Started in 2020 under Wojo and continued with Shaka.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2022, 08:00:52 AM »
hi no longer im just wondering if you are a genuine MU fan or not. you can DM me if you dont want it to be public. seems like virtually all of your posts are pessamistic and trollish like you want a reaction out of som1. whats the point? thanks

In addition to having a Bo/Gard chubby, NlW is like Procol Harum: He prefers his athletes, coaches and programs to be a whiter shade of pale. It was bad enough that Marquette embraced the concept that Black lives matter; when we actually hired "one of them" as coach, that was the last straw for him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2022, 08:32:42 AM »
This game was a slog, and I have to chalk some of it up to very low energy amongst the team, the coaches, the crowd.

#2Houston was a 19-point favorite over Kent St and won by 5 at home.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2022, 08:49:31 AM »
#2Houston was a 19-point favorite over Kent St and won by 5 at home.
COLE
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2022, 08:51:27 AM »
MU has not lost a cupcake game under coach Smart.    Last night wasn't a great game.   But it wasn't an L.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2022, 08:52:53 AM »
MU has not lost a cupcake game under coach Smart.    Last night wasn't a great game.   But it wasn't an L.
Didn't cover....loss
Goal is National Championship

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2022, 08:55:46 AM »
The fact no one has been fired or a scholarship taken tells me all I need to know
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2022, 08:58:22 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v9RFz5AVYk

Shaka post game.

Shaka talking about Oso and his Marquette triple double. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWWZwz7luc

Omax and Sean
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:11:04 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2022, 09:15:04 AM »
Coming back from Ft Myers with two huge games coming up this week, this was an obvious let down game. No need to read more into it than that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2022, 09:18:12 AM »
Shaka talking about Oso and his Marquette triple double. 

Just me, but lame.  They mentioned it on the broadcast last night, so clearly it's been a Shaka talking point for a few days.  And if the players enjoy it - great.  But...it's not a triple double.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2022, 09:23:45 AM »
Yeah it's not an actual triple double, but I completely get why Shaka is emphasizing it and praising Oso for it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2022, 09:23:56 AM »
It is Coach Smart trying to insulate his team from criticism.      You can see it in all the negativity here.    And the players know what the critics are saying.     
Oso sucks.    Oso went for a double double and had 10 deflections.    Let's pump Oso up.
Omax is bad basketball player.     Omax went for a double double.     Omax still sucks.     Shaka acknowledged and rewarded his effort and game.
TK sucks.    He is shooting 40% from 3 and is among the national leaders in assists.   

So, Rocky, sure, to you, and to a lot of other message board denizens, it is a lame stat.     To Coach Smart, and what he is trying to draw out of these guys and build, it is something to be celebrated.   

MU wanted a change from Buzz and chose Wojo.     They wanted a change from Wojo and chose Shaka.    This is what we have for the foreseeable future.    Both from a roster standpoint and a culture standpoint.   

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2022, 09:29:00 AM »
It is Coach Smart trying to insulate his team from criticism.   

Uh.  Ok.  Oso responded by fouling out.  Though particularly the last foul was laughable.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:31:03 AM by rocky_warrior »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2022, 09:31:20 AM »
Uh, ok.

panda

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2022, 09:31:56 AM »
A Shaka triple double. Alas still not a real triple double. Nothing wrong with saying that.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2022, 09:39:07 AM »
A Shaka triple double. Alas still not a real triple double. Nothing wrong with saying that.
Every single person on here knows it’s not a real triple double. So what’s the point?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2022, 09:41:20 AM »
An insight into how Shaka sees the game.

panda

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2022, 09:43:08 AM »
Every single person on here knows it’s not a real triple double. So what’s the point?

That it’s not a real triple double

1318WWells

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2022, 09:52:21 AM »
We’ve heard since Shaka got here that he wants his teams to get at least 32 deflections a game. Setting a defensive mindset.

The fact that one player was able to achieve double digit deflections, almost a third of the team target, Shaka should emphasize it. Those 10 deflections can have just as much, maybe even more, impact on the game than 10 points on the offensive end.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2022, 09:53:19 AM »
Do we really have to be so pedantic about this? Who cares that it isn’t “real.” It just highlighting what Shaka wants.

I know we are by and large joking about the MOPE stuff, but not everything requires a negative comment. It’s just basketball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2022, 09:53:35 AM »
It is Coach Smart trying to insulate his team from criticism.      You can see it in all the negativity here.    And the players know what the critics are saying.     
Oso sucks.    Oso went for a double double and had 10 deflections.    Let's pump Oso up.
Omax is bad basketball player.     Omax went for a double double.     Omax still sucks.     Shaka acknowledged and rewarded his effort and game.
TK sucks.    He is shooting 40% from 3 and is among the national leaders in assists.   

So, Rocky, sure, to you, and to a lot of other message board denizens, it is a lame stat.     To Coach Smart, and what he is trying to draw out of these guys and build, it is something to be celebrated.   

MU wanted a change from Buzz and chose Wojo.     They wanted a change from Wojo and chose Shaka.    This is what we have for the foreseeable future.    Both from a roster standpoint and a culture standpoint.   

Quality bit here. Well done.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2022, 10:07:48 AM »
That it’s not a real triple double
Good point. I had not considered that.