[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Idaho Killer  (Read 5859 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Idaho Killer
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2022, 11:54:57 AM »
I think it would be shocking if this cs'er was a newbie at this, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2022, 11:59:08 AM »
I think it is his first, as the number of unsolved homicides with a parallel MO is small.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2022, 12:01:34 PM »
Well, it should be his last, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2022, 04:20:40 PM »
When I heard he was a predator, I just assumed he was transgender. Because that's how all of them are.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2022, 04:29:56 PM »
I was once part of a prison ministry group and had a chance to chat with the prison's psychologist/therapist. He told me that profile data generated by interviews of both inmates and guards showed that they shared some surprising as well as scary personality traits (my words-personality traits - I do not remember his exact words). I do remember his comment along the lines that there was sometimes not much of a difference. I wonder if this is also true in those who choose law enforcement or related fields of work.

Have prison psychologists/therapists also been interviewed to see if their personality traits were not that different either? After all they also work in a prison setting.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
Have prison psychologists/therapists also been interviewed to see if their personality traits were not that different either? After all they also work in a prison setting.

You have a talent for saying some ridiculous things, but this one is not on the same level as your "I have factually stated that we have sucked for the last 10 years" (including our Elite Eight season) or your 28 post/rants suggesting that players with good NIL  deals pay their own tuition.

I am guessing this is yet another attempt by you (and, like all your others, a miserably failed one) to be humorous. Then again, I would not put it past you to attempt to weirdly twist my comments into a suggestion that I was saying there is a causal relationship at work. Kind of like the way you tried to redirect a thread by dgies about MU's prospects for another natty into a rallying call for your manic mantra, wesuckwesuckwesuckwesuck
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 07:25:50 AM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2023, 08:19:17 AM »
Already getting accused of doing weird sh it in county.

Working on that insanity plea.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2023, 08:32:51 AM »
Has it come out that he knew the victims or was this a random act of violence?
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2023, 08:39:00 AM »
They are establishing connections.   Unlikely that it is random.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2023, 10:06:43 AM »
Has it come out that he knew the victims or was this a random act of violence?

Hasnt been officially determined. And the extent definitely has not be released.

But word has been it seems like there was some sort of connection with one of the blondes, the one with the dad thats been very vocal through the process.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2023, 10:24:17 AM »
Get ready for an insanity plea if any of this is true. He allegedly told guards to come into his cell and he would cut them up, pee on them etc.; A psychiatrist (who is not directly involved in the case) has opined that his extreme veganism coupled with other expressed beliefs may indicate a fear of becoming compulsively cannibalistic, and a slew of other observations from people who know him add up to questions regarding his sanity. No links due to paywalls but you will see the stories emerging on the net.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2023, 10:28:55 AM »
Get ready for an insanity plea if any of this is true. He allegedly told guards to come into his cell and he would cut them up, pee on them etc.; A psychiatrist (who is not directly involved in the case) has opined that his extreme veganism coupled with other expressed beliefs may indicate a fear of becoming compulsively cannibalistic, and a slew of other observations from people who know him add up to questions regarding his sanity. No links due to paywalls but you will see the stories emerging on the net.

Yet he wore gloves for weeks after the murder to avoid leaving DNA evidence anywhere, continued to attend his classes at Washington State where nobody seemed to think anything overly different about him, drove across the country with his father, asked if anyone else was arrested when he was arrested, allegedly stalked at least one of the victims for weeks leading up to it, was on Reddit asking for convicts mental state when carrying out crimes, etc.  Pretty hard to claim insanity when everything points to premeditation.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2023, 10:45:27 AM »
apparently a fabricated news story

"The Monroe County Correctional Facility warden informed officials that Kohberger has been a “model prisoner” who has not caused any problems during his time in detention, according to a source familiar with Kohberger’s status at the facility. He has been “quiet” and “followed directions,” according to the source."

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2023, 10:52:18 AM »
apparently a fabricated news story

"The Monroe County Correctional Facility warden informed officials that Kohberger has been a “model prisoner” who has not caused any problems during his time in detention, according to a source familiar with Kohberger’s status at the facility. He has been “quiet” and “followed directions,” according to the source."

Yet he wore gloves for weeks after the murder to avoid leaving DNA evidence anywhere, continued to attend his classes at Washington State where nobody seemed to think anything overly different about him, drove across the country with his father, asked if anyone else was arrested when he was arrested, allegedly stalked at least one of the victims for weeks leading up to it, was on Reddit asking for convicts mental state when carrying out crimes, etc.  Pretty hard to claim insanity when everything points to premeditation.

No argument with what you guys are saying, but I deliberately said "if any of this is true". Just reporting what I saw on the net. Personally, I think the old expression "dumb like a fox" applies. By many accounts, he seems to be intelligent and his putting on an act would not surprise me one bit.

I do not know if premeditation rules out an insanity plea. Is this a fact?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 11:09:41 AM by Scoop Snoop »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2023, 11:14:44 AM »
No argument with what you guys are saying, but I deliberately said "if any of this is true". Just reporting what I saw on the net. Personally, I think the old expression "dumb like a fox" applies. By many accounts, he seems to be intelligent and his putting on an act would not surprise me one bit.

I do not know if premeditation rules out an insanity plea. Is this a fact?

Idaho law does NOT allow an insanity defense.

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/title18/t18ch2/sect18-207/

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2023, 11:16:48 AM »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2023, 11:24:14 AM »
Idaho law does NOT allow an insanity defense.

https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/title18/t18ch2/sect18-207/

While that is true, evidence of mental illness can be used at trial for other purposes.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/02/jn
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2023, 11:56:30 AM »

While that is true, evidence of mental illness can be used at trial for other purposes.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/02/jn

Well, I guess he could use it for sentencing but he kinda blew his chance with this.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/04/bryan-kohberger-could-face-death-penalty-in-idaho-murders/amp/

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2023, 05:39:44 PM »
No argument with what you guys are saying, but I deliberately said "if any of this is true". Just reporting what I saw on the net.

Have some patience, FFS.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2023, 06:09:38 PM »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2023, 06:12:46 PM »
"Excellently elite"    Genghis Khan

nyg

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2023, 12:06:52 PM »
Just reviewed complaint justifying arrest warrant.  Excellent law enforcement work in the case.

Summary:

-All four victims suffered sharp object wounds.  Knife sheath for a Marine K-Bar knife located in one of victims bedrooms.

-One survivor observed white male in the house wearing mask and exiting residence.  This is weird part because why didn't subject kill her and why didn't she call police.  Guess that will come out.

-Reviewed surveillance cameras in area, observed white Elantra in vicinity prior to murders driving around a lot and then speeding off after.  More video reviews followed vehicle back towards Washington.

-Lookout put out for Elantra, Washington State University PD locates subject's vehicle and identifies him as owner. More video review follows Elantra leaving WSU to Idaho on murder night.  More video reviews.

-Cellphone records obtained from subject, phone turned off while murder happening.  Not stupid, he knew they could track.
But, past cellphone records indicate he traveled to murder site 12 times prior to incident.  Not smart.  More video surveillance of him in Moscow at stores, etc. on these visits.

-Mention of him being PHD criminal candidate and what he was asking to the public re: murders.

-Changed license plates on car three days after murders.

-DNA recovered from knife sheath.  Penn State Police do a "dumpster dive" on parents house while subject was there visiting.  (don't need search warrant for such act since trash put on street).  Trash DNA leads to subject's DNA on knife sheath.  Ballgame.

Read the document, very good work.  This is minimum evidence revealed for arrest warrant authorization, so there may be more.This will definitely be a case on ID Discovery Channel's "See No Evil", and excellent show on how investigators solve crimes based on video surveillance.  These Idaho investigators/FBI went thru hundreds, maybe thousands hours of video. 

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2023, 01:45:24 PM »
Just reviewed complaint justifying arrest warrant.  Excellent law enforcement work in the case.

Summary:

-All four victims suffered sharp object wounds.  Knife sheath for a Marine K-Bar knife located in one of victims bedrooms.

-One survivor observed white male in the house wearing mask and exiting residence.  This is weird part because why didn't subject kill her and why didn't she call police.  Guess that will come out.

-Reviewed surveillance cameras in area, observed white Elantra in vicinity prior to murders driving around a lot and then speeding off after.  More video reviews followed vehicle back towards Washington.

-Lookout put out for Elantra, Washington State University PD locates subject's vehicle and identifies him as owner. More video review follows Elantra leaving WSU to Idaho on murder night.  More video reviews.

-Cellphone records obtained from subject, phone turned off while murder happening.  Not stupid, he knew they could track.
But, past cellphone records indicate he traveled to murder site 12 times prior to incident.  Not smart.  More video surveillance of him in Moscow at stores, etc. on these visits.

-Mention of him being PHD criminal candidate and what he was asking to the public re: murders.

-Changed license plates on car three days after murders.

-DNA recovered from knife sheath.  Penn State Police do a "dumpster dive" on parents house while subject was there visiting.  (don't need search warrant for such act since trash put on street).  Trash DNA leads to subject's DNA on knife sheath.  Ballgame.

Read the document, very good work.  This is minimum evidence revealed for arrest warrant authorization, so there may be more.This will definitely be a case on ID Discovery Channel's "See No Evil", and excellent show on how investigators solve crimes based on video surveillance.  These Idaho investigators/FBI went thru hundreds, maybe thousands hours of video.

I saw something stating that one of his mid december traffic stops with his dad was actually planned. FBI contacted the police cause they wanted visual of him and his hands.

Like I said before looks like they really narrowed down on him for a while and they made sure they really got everything need. Most of the internet just didnt seem to grasp that this wouldnt be solved in moments.

Great to see all the things coming out on how they got this guy.

Also, he is a complete and total dumbass. I hope at his trail its made a point to really pound that home to him. This psycho thought he was einstein and like I read a profiler say in a article a day or so ago, hes really just an idiot and got himself caught. Destroys people like him when they realize that.

CountryRoads

• All American

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2023, 01:52:14 PM »
I had just finished my ride on a bike trail this past Tuesday and was loading the bike into my vehicle when a father and his two children, a boy and a girl, pedaled nearby. The little girl, about 6 years old, asked her father to adjust her seat so they stopped momentarily near me.

I have no idea why this happened, but I immediately thought of the father of one of the girls slaughtered in Idaho who surely had similar father-daughter moments like this about 15 years earlier- whether riding bikes, hiking, playing a game, whatever. As I sat in my vehicle, I sadly reflected on this for a minute before starting the engine. Two days later it is still haunting me a little.

I have no direct connection to the victims and their families and yet, we all do. Just in a different way.

feedback