[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by PointWarrior
[Today at 12:08:31 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: True Road Games in November  (Read 6611 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: True Road Games in November
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2022, 02:12:48 PM »
Well said.  Wrightsill may not make much of an impact, but as I recall we pursued some other coveted 4-man transfers and didn't hit the winners circle.  Such is life in recruiting at times. 

My horizon to see how thing are going per Shaka's plan is how we finish in 2023-2024.  Assuming all the core guys stay (we are oversigned by 1) I expect we will have a Top 3 Big East team and what should be a team that is capable to advance to a Round of 32/Sweet 16.

I thought Shaka could win a living room and land recruits Steve had no shot at.  See each guy's performance at the podium, after all.

I do appreciate that after 7 years crying that Shaka is making excuses when he says the team was tired or young, suddenly saying our team is young is no longer an excuse it's just an explanation.  Weird.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2022, 03:42:42 PM »

My bar for Shaka is much, much higher than it was for Steve and I will judge him accordingly. One year and three games in I think Shaka is going the right direction, but still a lot of work to be done. It is 100% up to him to recruit the right guys and win basketball games, plain and simple. If we are stuck in quicksand in two years and 19-11 I will be the first to jump all over Shaka.

Yes. This.

Shaka is a proven coach who has accomplished things, and he has a winning personality. I simply expect more from him.

Of course, sometimes when one says that, a guy like Ners will say, "Yeah, but what about you giving Wojo a pass?" I admit that I wish I hadn't been so patient with Wojo (not that me being impatient would have changed anything).

But Wojo has nothing to do with Shaka. Our current coach has been a great recruiter and big winner. And if he fails to be a great recruiter at Marquette, and if that failure keeps him from being a big winner at Marquette, he'll deserve the blame.

I don't know why anybody wouldn't hold Shaka to a high standard. And especially after last season, I don't know why any Marquette fan wouldn't have high expectations for this season and next. So far, I think he's doing very well, and I don't think it's unrealistic to expect continued progress.

All I said was I don't really like to hear the guy in charge of roster construction blaming roster construction for any of our problems. It's like the guy in charge of cleaning windows looking up and saying, "We don't have enough light coming into the room because our windows are dirty."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2022, 04:01:50 PM »
Yes. This.

Shaka is a proven coach who has accomplished things, and he has a winning personality. I simply expect more from him.

Of course, sometimes when one says that, a guy like Ners will say, "Yeah, but what about you giving Wojo a pass?" I admit that I wish I hadn't been so patient with Wojo (not that me being impatient would have changed anything).

But Wojo has nothing to do with Shaka. Our current coach has been a great recruiter and big winner. And if he fails to be a great recruiter at Marquette, and if that failure keeps him from being a big winner at Marquette, he'll deserve the blame.

I don't know why anybody wouldn't hold Shaka to a high standard. And especially after last season, I don't know why any Marquette fan wouldn't have high expectations for this season and next. So far, I think he's doing very well, and I don't think it's unrealistic to expect continued progress.

All I said was I don't really like to hear the guy in charge of roster construction blaming roster construction for any of our problems. It's like the guy in charge of cleaning windows looking up and saying, "We don't have enough light coming into the room because our windows are dirty."

Slurper
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2022, 04:42:36 PM »
I thought Shaka could win a living room and land recruits Steve had no shot at.  See each guy's performance at the podium, after all.

I do appreciate that after 7 years crying that Shaka is making excuses when he says the team was tired or young, suddenly saying our team is young is no longer an excuse it's just an explanation.  Weird.

It is par for the course for you to back a loser like Wojo.  There is ZERO double standard comparing Shaka's quotes to Wojos.  Not sure why you'd try to hitch your wagon to a proven loser like Wojo, but you are one weird dude, Bias.  So.  There's that.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2022, 04:50:31 PM »
Yes. This.

Facepalm.  Shaka wasn't making excuses or blaming roster construction.  He simply stated a fact. The difference between those of us bullish on Shaka and the Projos is that Projos made excuses for incredibly obvious subpar coaching. 

If you think Shaka making the NCAA Year 1, and us losing at Purdue, at a venue they haven't lost in since 2019,  in a game that we led for 34 of 40 minutes, in Year 2 - commenting that young guys are in roles they've never been in - is a "problem" or parallels anything like the blame game played during the Steve Wojo years - I've got some oceanfront property to sell you in Kansas.

Context.  Context. Context. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2022, 05:00:31 PM »
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

Goose

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2022, 05:10:01 PM »

Of course Shaka should be held to higher standards than previous coaches. His job is to represent the university in a first class manner, and more importantly, win basketball games in March. I am not a five year guy and I stated the day Shaka was hired I was going to judge him starting day one.

To date, I think he has done a very good job and the bar gets higher every year. Now, I am surprised with the lack of going after higher rated recruits, but if he can find a way to win in March with zero star recruits that is fine by me.

It simply comes down to winning for this fan and I believe Shaka has a plan in place to win at MU. Imo, he is awfully confident in the plan he has in place and that gives me optimism for the future.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 05:17:50 PM by Goose »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2022, 05:10:18 PM »
It is par for the course for you to back a loser like Wojo.  There is ZERO double standard comparing Shaka's quotes to Wojos.  Not sure why you'd try to hitch your wagon to a proven loser like Wojo, but you are one weird dude, Bias.  So.  There's that.
So much hate
Goal is National Championship

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2022, 05:15:39 PM »
So much hate

Annoyance (with silly arguments from Projos) 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2022, 05:20:21 PM »
Facepalm.  Shaka wasn't making excuses or blaming roster construction.  He simply stated a fact. The difference between those of us bullish on Shaka and the Projos is that Projos made excuses for incredibly obvious subpar coaching. 

If you think Shaka making the NCAA Year 1, and us losing at Purdue, at a venue they haven't lost in since 2019,  in a game that we led for 34 of 40 minutes, in Year 2 - commenting that young guys are in roles they've never been in - is a "problem" or parallels anything like the blame game played during the Steve Wojo years - I've got some oceanfront property to sell you in Kansas.

we ignoring that they lost there in 2021?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game/_/gameId/401263407

I don't have a dog in this fight but keep it honest
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2022, 05:26:12 PM »

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2022, 07:27:30 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2022, 07:43:51 PM »
Annoyance (with silly arguments from Projos)
No just hate, your hate permeates.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2022, 07:47:40 PM »

Yeah if I didn't know better I would think  it was the guy who announced for 2024, unfortunately dealt with the ahole (not Ners)

MU82

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2022, 08:12:05 PM »

You’re the one who keeps bringing up Wojo.

I mean do the rest of us constantly remind you that you thought Magic Dawson was going to be a star, or that you thought he was better than Andrew Rowsey?

Fact is that you and I are pretty much on the same page re Shaka. We’re both excited he’s our coach and think he’s doing a great job. I just don’t think he walks on water.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2022, 08:14:34 PM »
You’re the one who keeps bringing up Wojo.

I mean do the rest of us constantly remind you that you thought Magic Dawson was going to be a star, or that you thought he was better than Andrew Rowsey?

Fact is that you and I are pretty much on the same page re Shaka. We’re both excited he’s our coach and think he’s doing a great job. I just don’t think he walks on water.
Well he is Elon Musk the guy who has never created a thing and takes credit while just stealing companies. Just made the biggest mistake of his life.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2022, 08:22:18 PM »

Doesn’t fit his agenda.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2022, 10:06:25 PM »
No just hate, your hate permeates.

Lame.

Well he is Elon Musk the guy who has never created a thing and takes credit while just stealing companies. Just made the biggest mistake of his life.

Lamer.

Doesn’t fit his agenda.

Lamest.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2022, 10:12:09 PM »
Lame.

Lamer.

Lamest.
And dumb Elon keeps on giving and just like the orange one he fails. No substance just hate. SAD, I'm done. Dunk

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2022, 10:30:40 PM »
You know who doesn’t make excuses?

Rick Pitino

Except when he comes home late from Porcini’s.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2022, 04:53:36 AM »

His book is a good read, "7 Seconds of Fame".

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2022, 06:12:14 AM »

What he does with other consenting adults is his business.  Championships are forever

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2022, 01:26:56 PM »
MU has now lost nine straight games away from Milwaukee. Whether it's November, February, or March, now the time is to end it before that streak hits double digits.

#COLE

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2022, 01:29:51 PM »
Or never leave Milwaukee.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2022, 01:44:12 PM »
MU has now lost nine straight games away from Milwaukee. Whether it's November, February, or March, now the time is to end it before that streak hits double digits.

#COLE

Defense travels.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter