collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:40:18 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 6246 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Vote!
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2022, 08:44:29 AM »
Oh, you didn't notice the House flipped and the wicked witch of the west is dead, hey?

I noticed it flipped. Congrats I guess? That means even less is going to get done the next two years. Sounds fun.

But really, I know you are scared to leave the house these days, but you really should go for a walk. Your obsessions aren't doing you any good.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2022, 09:12:37 AM »
It was a very bad night for Republicans.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2022, 09:27:37 AM »
Seems that even the majority in deep-red states think big government should stay the hell out of women's uteri.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2022, 09:29:21 AM »
It was a very bad night for MAGA Republicans.

FTFY

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2022, 09:31:52 AM »
Kind of amazing this thread made it to a third page, really.

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2022, 09:34:49 AM »
Well the other good thing is that there was neither widespread election denial nor widespread election intimidation.  People just went out and voted with almost all candidates accepting the results (so far).

Democracy worked!
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUINGB

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2022, 09:40:05 AM »
So yesterday I go vote at my local voting center, about 2 pm.  I have my ID and Clerk checks the roster  and says, .."looks like you voted already"  I look at the box, and sure enough, someone had signed my name in the box, and voted for me.   I say, but I just got here, must be some mistake.   They call someone from the back room, and he says just sign over the top of that signature and let him vote again.
   I have a meeting with the village clerk later today to try to understand.    My guess is the early voting, someone drew my name, had someone verify it and send it in to be counted.   

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2022, 09:44:04 AM »
Well the other good thing is that there was neither widespread election denial nor widespread election intimidation.  People just went out and voted with almost all candidates accepting the results (so far).

Democracy worked!

Wonder what changed since the last major elections to allow that to happen...

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
FTFY

Other than basically  Florida 's huge wins it was a bad night for Republicans across the board.

And the Arizona voting issue is potentially a lingering nightmare.  Trump still won't go away and the Dems were shrewd to vote for Trump candidates.  Maybe DeSantis can win the nomination over Trump but it doesn't appear likely right now.   As a side note the four candidates for the two key states are among the worst in human history.  We also have no idea who the Dem nominee will be in 2024.  I'm also not sure moderates exist anymore for either party.  Maybe Mo Khanna?  I dunno.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2022, 09:48:44 AM »
I've been doing mail in / drop off ballots for so long I don't even understand this "go vote" thing anymore.  I dropped my ballot off (in a box, not mail) early last week, it was counted last Friday, and  I got email notifications to let me know when it was mailed, received, and counted.  Y'all are doing it wrong :)

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2022, 09:55:12 AM »
So yesterday I go vote at my local voting center, about 2 pm.  I have my ID and Clerk checks the roster  and says, .."looks like you voted already"  I look at the box, and sure enough, someone had signed my name in the box, and voted for me.   I say, but I just got here, must be some mistake.   They call someone from the back room, and he says just sign over the top of that signature and let him vote again.
   I have a meeting with the village clerk later today to try to understand.    My guess is the early voting, someone drew my name, had someone verify it and send it in to be counted.

WTF??  Wow.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2022, 09:56:41 AM »
It was a very bad night for Republicans.

Nah Mugster, the frontrunner for the Pale House in '24 emerged and was magnificent in his victory speech. As I see it, a very good night, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2022, 09:57:47 AM »
Pro tip:  go to rockford, not south beloit.  South beloit has higher prices for us WI folks.

first time someone has ever said "go to Rockford"

But seriously Prairie St Brewery is surprisingly cool with a good view and better food than I expected in rockford
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2022, 09:58:28 AM »
Other than basically  Florida 's huge wins it was a bad night for Republicans across the board.

And the Arizona voting issue is potentially a lingering nightmare.  Trump still won't go away and the Dems were shrewd to vote for Trump candidates.  Maybe DeSantis can win the nomination over Trump but it doesn't appear likely right now.   As a side note the four candidates for the two key states are among the worst in human history.  We also have no idea who the Dem nominee will be in 2024.  I'm also not sure moderates exist anymore for either party.  Maybe Mo Khanna?  I dunno.

Of course they do.  Tony Evers is a moderate-left candidate who wins because there is nothing really controversial about him and he gets stuff done - well as much as he can given the legislature.  That being said, if Republicans would have nominated the moderate-right candidate in Kleefisch, she very well may have won.

There are plenty of other examples out there who don't really grab the headlines. But they are out there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2022, 10:07:31 AM »

Nah Mugster, the frontrunner for the Pale House in '24 emerged and was magnificent in his victory speech. As I see it, a very good night, hey?

Outstanding pivot from Orange is Best President Ever to Orange Lite will be Best President Ever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2022, 10:14:42 AM »
We will see. There are always front-runners early and many fail to live up to expectations. I think Biden (like most incumbents) is going to be hard to beat anyway. But he will be 81(!) so who knows.

I'm not going to think much about it for awhile though. Not much reason to.

YaBlueIt

• Starter
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2022, 10:18:23 AM »

Of course they do.  Tony Evers is a moderate-left candidate who wins because there is nothing really controversial about him and he gets stuff done - well as much as he can given the legislature.  That being said, if Republicans would have nominated the moderate-right candidate in Kleefisch, she very well may have won.

There are plenty of other examples out there who don't really grab the headlines. But they are out there.

Last night made it abundantly clear that the more "traditional" republicans outperformed the Trump-endorsed MAGA candidates across the board. On the flip side, Democrat candidates who denounced Biden's student loan forgiveness have done relatively poorly. Looks like Gen Z has had their say.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2022, 10:24:17 AM »
Outstanding pivot from Orange is Best President Ever to Orange Lite will be Best President Ever.

Change is the one constant. Trump's time had come and is now gone. For the good of the country, I hope he doesn't run. Both he and Biden, for one thing, are too fookin' old. I am 100% on the DeSantis bandwagon and have been for the past year. A DeSantis/Haley or DeSantis/Pompeo ticket will be tough to beat, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2022, 10:34:07 AM »

Most politicians are actually moderates, but they don't grab headlines so we don't hear about them. Both parties have extreme members with significant voting blocks behind them so the moderates have to cater to them for their votes. The difference is that since 2016, the extreme faction on the right has grown to a larger percentage of the party than past years and has gotten more power, though last night may be a message that the moderate conservative voters are sick of it and want their party back. The other difference is that on a world stage, our liberal extremes would be considered moderate liberals and our moderate liberals would be considered moderate conservatives.

24 will be interesting. If 45 runs and fails to win the nomination, I don't see him being a good teammate and endorsing the nominee and that could take a significant chunk of MAGA voters out of the equation. If he does win, last night may indicate that moderate conservatives will cross to the other side of the aisle. I think the best hope for conservatives is that somehow, some way, 45 decides to stay home. Gonna try not to think about all that until I have to.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2022, 10:45:46 AM »
Hm, it appears page 4 won't happen.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2022, 10:59:32 AM »

That being said, if Republicans would have nominated the moderate-right candidate in Kleefisch, she very well may have won.

TBH, I don't think so.  I don't feel that WI GOP voters are particularly nuanced in their voting.   

In the end .. very very few votes switched from 2018.  Yes, Evers got 30k more than 2018.  Is that explained by the candidate, or the national GOP platform (of you know, insurrection, conspiracy and stuff) ?

It is fascinating that Waukesha/Oz counties were significantly less red.  Mequon of all places was 114 votes away from turning blue.  That's incredible.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2022, 11:02:01 AM »
TBH, I don't think so.  I don't feel that WI GOP voters are particularly nuanced in their voting.   

In the end .. very very few votes switched from 2018.  Yes, Evers got 30k more than 2018.  Is that explained by the candidate, or the national GOP platform (of you know, insurrection, conspiracy and stuff) ?

It is fascinating that Waukesha/Oz counties were significantly less red. Mequon of all places was 114 votes away from turning blue.  That's incredible.

That really is incredible.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2022, 11:02:30 AM »
Two many woke folks in Da Quon. Almost too da point dat ya bust out inn hives, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2022, 11:04:00 AM »
Two many woke folks in Da Quon. Almost too da point dat ya bust out inn hives, hey?

Can always move.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2022, 11:05:38 AM »
Hm, it appears page 4 won't happen.

Why?  It seems like people are having a rational discussion. 

feedback