[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vote!  (Read 6049 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Vote!
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2022, 11:07:56 AM »
We will see. There are always front-runners early and many fail to live up to expectations. I think Biden (like most incumbents) is going to be hard to beat anyway. But he will be 81(!) so who knows.

I'm not going to think much about it for awhile though. Not much reason to.

That should be the overriding thought for the next 15 months.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2022, 11:08:11 AM »
Why?  It seems like people are having a rational discussion.

I locked it.  It appears Topper disagreed.  Rational, sure.  Political. Yes.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2022, 11:10:21 AM »
(I didn't unlock the thread ..)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2022, 11:10:50 AM »

Oh, you didn't notice the House flipped and the wicked witch of the west is dead, hey?

I wouldn't count your chickens yet. If I'm reading correctly, if the current leads hold, the house would end 219R/216D. There are a lot of close elections left and mail in votes are typically counted last and they typically lean left.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2022, 11:12:07 AM »

(I didn't unlock the thread ..)

TAMU

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2022, 11:13:33 AM »

Fair enough.   You two can duke it out. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2022, 11:18:44 AM »
Can always move.

Nah, River Hills isn't any better, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2022, 11:20:28 AM »

Hah, it appears we do have a double negative glitch in the machine!

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2022, 11:28:00 AM »

Of course they do.  Tony Evers is a moderate-left candidate who wins because there is nothing really controversial about him and he gets stuff done - well as much as he can given the legislature.  That being said, if Republicans would have nominated the moderate-right candidate in Kleefisch, she very well may have won.

There are plenty of other examples out there who don't really grab the headlines. But they are out there.

I very much agree with this.  Michels was too close to Trump.  Independents and centrists likely ran away from him.  That, most often, decides close races.

On the other side of the aisle, the D's would probably won the Wi senate seat if they picked someone other than Barnes.  It's about electability. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:32:30 AM by real chili 83 »

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2022, 11:29:23 AM »
Two many woke folks in Da Quon. Almost too da point dat ya bust out inn hives, hey?

Woke 😂😂😂
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »
I very much agree with this.  Michels was too close to Trump.  Independents and centrists likely ran away from him.  That's, most often, decides close races.

On the other side of the aisle, the D's would probably won the Wi senate seat if they picked someone other than Barnes.  It's about electability.

I think there's more blind loyalty to party than ever before. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2022, 11:33:26 AM »
R's need better candidates and need them badly. Bad candidates, coupled with Trump endorsements, was not a good plan for success.  I am hoping there will be better days ahead for R party, but we need to so some house cleaning.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2022, 11:34:19 AM »
Hah, it appears we do have a double negative glitch in the machine!

Spiral's just sitting in the background pulling all the strings
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »

Eh, I’d be very curious to see the cross tabs from this one.  The red wave should have been a given.  The fact that it wasn’t is quite shocking to me.  I don’t know if this an anomaly or a new norm.  I’d lean anomaly but what happens next week when the biggest loser from last night announces his decision will be informative
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2022, 11:36:33 AM »
I think the young vote was severely underpolled.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 09, 2022, 11:43:04 AM »

You're probably correct.  As well as the overturning of Roe vote. 

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2022, 11:44:19 AM »
R's need better candidates and need them badly. Bad candidates, coupled with Trump endorsements, was not a good plan for success.  I am hoping there will be better days ahead for R party, but we need to so some house cleaning.

True dat but there were awful candidates across the board.  Trump needs to take a one way ticket to the Mariana Trench Goose.  :)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: November 09, 2022, 11:44:38 AM »

And yet Wisconsin is electing a Democratic Governor and Republican Senator in the same election. Colorado-03, a Republican stronghold is on the verge of bouncing Boebert, one of the main MAGA spokespeople. I think there's more nuance than you are giving credit for.
TAMU

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 09, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »

Young women

SCOTUS probably drove them to the polls

Goose

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 09, 2022, 11:49:41 AM »
Rico,

Believe it or not, but I think R's have more common sense than you think they do. There were several, if not more, R candidates and I would have taken a hard pass on. I would rather take my chances in two years than vote for someone that has no business running for office. It is time for R's to demand good candidates, IMO.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 09, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »
Eh, I’d be very curious to see the cross tabs from this one.  The red wave should have been a given.  The fact that it wasn’t is quite shocking to me.  I don’t know if this an anomaly or a new norm.  I’d lean anomaly but what happens next week when the biggest loser from last night announces his decision will be informative

Considering the history of midterm elections, last night almost qualifies as a blue wave especially during the 1st term of a D president. Clinton lost 54 seats. Obama lost 60. Those are in the house. They also both lost Senate seats.

This team, they may lose 5-10 seats (still up in the air) in the House and could actually gain in the Senate. But if things break right over the next few days, this is a huge wave for the blue team.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #96 on: November 09, 2022, 11:53:06 AM »

Change is the one constant. Trump's time had come and is now gone. For the good of the country, I hope he doesn't run. Both he and Biden, for one thing, are too fookin' old. I am 100% on the DeSantis bandwagon and have been for the past year. A DeSantis/Haley or DeSantis/Pompeo ticket will be tough to beat, aina?

The first time he gets called Ron DeDumpAss or GoGo Boots DeSantis he will shrivel and melt

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »
Rico,

Believe it or not, but I think R's have more common sense than you think they do. There were several, if not more, R candidates and I would have taken a hard pass on. I would rather take my chances in two years than vote for someone that has no business running for office. It is time for R's to demand good candidates, IMO.

Do you really think that a party that sold out almost 100% for Trump has common sense?

Common sense would have been to repudiate trump and take the huge gains that were just sitting on the table for them.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2022, 11:58:17 AM »
Jockey

I am talking about individual R's, not the party. As a lifelong R, I think last night was victory because the Trump candidates struggled.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2022, 11:59:12 AM »
Rico,

I agree with this.  Actions will speak louder than words.  Now is the time for the party to cut all ties with Trump