[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twitter 3.0  (Read 29424 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Twitter 3.0
« Reply #400 on: November 23, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »
yeah, i really miss jack dorsey, the epitome of reason and fairness.  i miss those days when they could just zap opinions and people they didn't like with flip of a switch.  that was cool! 

interesting hoe elon is drawing so much angst.  musta been something he said?  what's everyone afraid of?  now if they could just silence fox news like pierre does with press, everything would be great

Who's afraid? No one is suggesting that he can't run Twitter how he wants. Just like prior to his ownership, the people running the company could run it the way they want...at the shareholder's blessing of course.

Is he somehow exempt from criticism?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #401 on: November 23, 2022, 11:40:47 AM »
yeah, i really miss jack dorsey, the epitome of reason and fairness.  i miss those days when they could just zap opinions and people they didn't like with flip of a switch.  that was cool! 

interesting hoe elon is drawing so much angst.  musta been something he said?  what's everyone afraid of?  now if they could just silence fox news like pierre does with press, everything would be great

I’ll go ahead and give this a 7 out of 10.  Pretty generic work but hit some of the classics.
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #402 on: November 23, 2022, 11:41:33 AM »

What if, stay with me here, both weren't doing a good job?  You can say Musk is handling this poorly, while also saying old Twitter, even "woke" Dorsey Twitter, also stunk at many things.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #403 on: November 23, 2022, 12:37:56 PM »
What if, stay with me here, both weren't doing a good job?  You can say Musk is handling this poorly, while also saying old Twitter, even "woke" Dorsey Twitter, also stunk at many things.

Wait a minute, are you saying more than one thing can be true at the same time?

Unfathomable.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #404 on: November 23, 2022, 12:53:43 PM »
Well, yes, he has relentlessly proven he is an awful asswipe, one that has removed anyone that dares disagree with and has dismantled all governance structure around himself so that he can indulge his 12-year-old boy self unfettered by any rules.

But what I am wondering about is WTF he is doing from a business decision-making standpoint.

We still don't know how much Musk put up and how much other invested added to the pot - although the vast majority was certainly Musk money.

As far as decision making, my guess is that he is playing a long game. Twitter gives him sway and I think over the next couple of years there will be lots of foreign investment - whether directly in Twitter or involving Tesla and Space X.

Plus, as you said, Power Matters. Even more than money when you get to where Musk is at.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #405 on: November 23, 2022, 01:52:16 PM »
Who's afraid? No one is suggesting that he can't run Twitter how he wants. Just like prior to his ownership, the people running the company could run it the way they want...at the shareholder's blessing of course.

Is he somehow exempt from criticism?

just sayin...did we have a twitter thread back when jack was at the helm?  of course he had a better hold on the disinformation going on and would have none of that damn it..  now, katy bar the door, eyn'a?  you won't know what to believe anymore...sigh.  guess i'll have to renew my subscription to nyt and spend a little more time with main stream again
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #406 on: November 23, 2022, 02:03:17 PM »
  just sayin...did we have a twitter thread back when jack was at the helm?  of course he had a better hold on the disinformation going on and would have none of that damn it..  now, katy bar the door, eyn'a?  you won't know what to believe anymore...sigh.  guess i'll have to renew my subscription to nyt and spend a little more time with main stream again

Ok I have no clue what you are even trying to say here. But we have a Twitter thread here because Twitter is in the news. Not really that hard to figure out.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #407 on: November 23, 2022, 02:12:42 PM »
How often do any of us really know what Rocket is trying to say?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #408 on: November 23, 2022, 02:26:46 PM »

Huh?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #409 on: November 23, 2022, 02:45:55 PM »

A 10 out of 10

Bravo!  A pre-thanksgiving treat for all!  Gobble, gobble!
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #410 on: November 23, 2022, 08:32:17 PM »
How often do any of us really know what Rocket is trying to say?

I'm surprised anyone takes the time to read.  Just scroll by for your sanity except Uncle Rico because we need a rating.

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #411 on: November 23, 2022, 08:46:40 PM »
I'm surprised anyone takes the time to read.  Just scroll by for your sanity except Uncle Rico because we need a rating.

I share his posts with my dentist.  She’s graduated from UIC, though

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #412 on: November 24, 2022, 07:58:26 AM »
it's cute how ya'll bond together to console each other trying to understand the words of  an enigma beyond your simplistic realms

11 out of 10 eyna reeeko? 

btw, if i wrote the book to explain, i'd probably get a little vacation from your buddy and pal so suffice it to say you may have to dig deep-gobble
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #413 on: November 24, 2022, 08:01:02 AM »
Yep, roQQet, if there was one word any of us would use to best describe your Scoop posts, it would be "deep."

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #414 on: November 24, 2022, 08:15:41 AM »
it's cute how ya'll bond together to console each other trying to understand the words of  an enigma beyond your simplistic realms

11 out of 10 eyna reeeko? 

btw, if i wrote the book to explain, i'd probably get a little vacation from your buddy and pal so suffice it to say you may have to dig deep-gobble

Actually it would be helpful if you simply used the English language.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #415 on: November 24, 2022, 09:14:41 AM »

This guy’s in charge? There is a tiny possibility there is more to the story than meets the eye. Or so he says.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #416 on: November 24, 2022, 11:47:03 PM »
Anyone else concerned that Musk is using simple twitter polls to determine if someone should be banned from the platform? I feel like this is a huge threat to democracy.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #417 on: November 25, 2022, 08:08:41 AM »
Anyone else concerned that Musk is using simple twitter polls to determine if someone should be banned from the platform? I feel like this is a huge threat to democracy.

We don't care if he bans people ... as long as he only bans those we disagree with.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #418 on: November 25, 2022, 09:16:04 AM »
Simple Twitter polls are the absolute best way to determine corporate policy.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #419 on: November 25, 2022, 09:34:56 AM »

🤣🤣🤣

tower912

• All American
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2022, 07:47:42 AM »
Apparently, receiving personal phone calls from Musk begging them to return was not enough to change the minds of the executives at former advertisers.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »
Apparently, receiving personal phone calls from Musk begging them to return was not enough to change the minds of the executives at former advertisers.

Strange corporate America is a little concerned by this guy:

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2022, 05:00:02 PM »
The FT was reporting he was berating them, which is really savvy.

Hmmm, letting racists, seditionists, etc. spread hate and harass people doesn't appear, at first glance, to be a winning business model. Plus, Parlor, Gab, et al have first mover advantage there.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #423 on: November 28, 2022, 05:32:24 PM »
And he is attacking Apple.  I lose track.   Does this mean it is time to sell Apple?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #424 on: November 28, 2022, 05:47:14 PM »
People thing musk is dumb.

I don't think that's the case. I think he knows exactly what he's doing

feedback