[Today at 09:05:48 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: UW game at Am Fam Field  (Read 4092 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: UW game at Am Fam Field
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2022, 09:36:24 PM »
I’ve always heard the issue with Madison hosting again was with available hotel rooms.

If UW would ever host at Miller Park it could work in MU’s best interest if we were good to get protected seeding.

They hosted in 2002. They can do a regional because it's only four fanbases coming.

As far as Miller Park, thanks but no thanks. The sight lines seem to have been terrible tonight and the glare on the court looked awful on TV. It's worth experimenting with anything once, but like the past failed aircraft carrier games, putting a game in a baseball park just doesn't seem like a successful venture.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2022, 10:54:54 PM »
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 11:02:46 PM by Sultan Sultanberger »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2022, 11:05:22 PM »
I’ve always heard the issue with Madison hosting again was with available hotel rooms.

If UW would ever host at Miller Park it could work in MU’s best interest if we were good to get protected seeding.

There are enough hotel rooms now.  Ton of new hotels built in the last 10-15 years due to Epic.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2022, 11:28:47 PM »
I will just say, that I have it on very good authority, Milw will NEVER host a Final four NCAA ! ! !   Can't handle it ! ! !  AmFam is a gimmick/1x thing.... AND MU will ONLY host round 1 +2 like they do now...  More bang for the buck with 8 teams coming in...  Just sayin' ! ! !  8-)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2022, 03:59:00 AM »
Two much crime inn MKE, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2022, 05:36:29 AM »
I will just say, that I have it on very good authority, Milw will NEVER host a Final four NCAA ! ! !   Can't handle it ! ! !  AmFam is a gimmick/1x thing.... AND MU will ONLY host round 1 +2 like they do now...  More bang for the buck with 8 teams coming in...  Just sayin' ! ! !  8-)

I don't think Milwaukee holding a Final Four was ever even a discussion point.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2022, 06:35:22 AM »
Two much crime inn MKE, hey?

No, I heard from a good source that the high ratio of dentists and dental students per capita in the MKE area has potential visitors afraid to visit MKE.  Take it for what it’s worth, but a solid source.

Anyway, the ball park for basketball is a failure for now. Unless you’re going to draw a lot of fans, 25k plus, it is a poor fan experience so why do it. I doubt most fans would be back and not   the casual fan.  UW could play UWM at the old Mecca if they really want another MKE game. 

Maybe with a different setup and big name teams this could work, but still not a good basketball experience . Otherwise, this seems like a one time deal As mentioned above

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2022, 06:02:08 PM »
No, I heard from a good source that the high ratio of dentists and dental students per capita in the MKE area has potential visitors afraid to visit MKE.  Take it for what it’s worth, but a solid source.

Anyway, the ball park for basketball is a failure for now. Unless you’re going to draw a lot of fans, 25k plus, it is a poor fan experience so why do it. I doubt most fans would be back and not   the casual fan.  UW could play UWM at the old Mecca if they really want another MKE game. 

Maybe with a different setup and big name teams this could work, but still not a good basketball experience . Otherwise, this seems like a one time deal As mentioned above

Unless you are a student I could not imagine paying big bucks to sit in a football stadium to watch a final four/championship game. I would rather watch it at home on my big screen TV.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022, 07:28:08 PM »
Unless you are a student I could not imagine paying big bucks to sit in a football stadium to watch a final four/championship game. I would rather watch it at home on my big screen TV.

It was awesome being in the Superdome in 2003.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2022, 09:58:24 PM »

Agreed, it was fun in relation to the whole atmosphere.  But I would NEVER pay a cent for a FF ticket without Marquette playing.  It’s a horrid viewing experience

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2022, 10:25:39 PM »
Agreed, it was fun in relation to the whole atmosphere.  But I would NEVER pay a cent for a FF ticket without Marquette playing.  It’s a horrid viewing experience

I wouldn’t pay for one because the prices are so high and you have to travel to watch teams you wouldn’t be invested in. But if one was held in Milwaukee and I could get tickets for $60 or something I’d be thrilled to attend.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2022, 06:36:24 AM »

Yeah watching Marquette get its ass whooped from 6 stories up was great.

At least the Championship game was entertaining though.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2022, 07:04:45 AM »
Yeah watching Marquette get its ass whooped from 6 stories up was great.

At least the Championship game was entertaining though.

Meh. It was the Final Four. It was awesome.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2022, 07:20:25 AM »
Meh. It was the Final Four. It was awesome.

I had a great time except those two hours.

feedback