[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette Madness Cancelled  (Read 11127 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
Re: Marquette Madness Cancelled
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2022, 02:37:31 PM »
They cancelled because of the mope squad
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2022, 02:40:07 PM »
Bring back FFP!!!
Bring back FFP!!!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2022, 02:44:22 PM »
Bring back FFP!!!

We could recruit 5 stars again!

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2022, 02:46:02 PM »
But will complaining about no Madness be as fulfilling as complaining about how much Madness stunk?
Deep!

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2022, 02:58:57 PM »
We could recruit 5 stars again!

Thanks a lot, Pilarz
Bring back FFP!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2022, 03:40:28 PM »
Again, my complaint is about communication and process, just like in this case with Madness where the student newspaper prompted the AD. When are these open scrimmages, when are the kickoff events, what are the packs, are there limits on single game purchases, is there a Halloween event, what are the costs, is there a Bud Light corner? When is NMD?

If MU's focus is selling, they need to market. It's like for the Summer BBQ event, the communication came shortly before and MU was surprised by the low turn out/sign up.

All of this and then some. Marquette's marketing and communication is terrible. I don't think it's a coincidence that right after that article came out they tweeted that all student tickets sold. It's Marquette saying "we don't have to do Madness, we already have your money."

There is a lack of marketing for the events they have which leads to poor attendance and claims that the events aren't worth it. They say this is to improve in season promotions, and I hope so because last year sucked.

No creativity, no new initiatives, this takes away the likely best opportunity to see the women's team before the season, it feels like nothing but a series of dropped balls that started in the Wojo era followed by a lack of capitalizing on the excitement of a new coach.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2022, 03:54:04 PM »
^^^ but otherwise, how’s life goin 4 ya?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2022, 03:55:05 PM »
All buy games should be at the Al.  Especially the ones that fall during winter break.  Or rent out Panther Arena for them for an arena in between those two.

If they just made Madness a one hour men's scrimmage and introduced the woman's team at halftime, maybe mic up the coaches, it'd be worth going to.  As it was, they tried way too hard to hype up a crowd that wasn't interested in being all that hyped up.  Have the team already warmed up in the practice gym, do introductions, play 10 minute halves, introduce the women's team at half, and get out of there.  If you really want to make sure people show up, have a block party with free food starting an hour beforehand and have Shaka walk around and talk to people while the assistants get the team warmed up.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2022, 03:59:16 PM »
If they just made Madness a one hour men's scrimmage and introduced the woman's team at halftime, maybe mic up the coaches, it'd be worth going to.  As it was, they tried way too hard to hype up a crowd that wasn't interested in being all that hyped up.  Have the team already warmed up in the practice gym, do introductions, play 10 minute halves, introduce the women's team at half, and get out of there.  If you really want to make sure people show up, have a block party with free food starting an hour beforehand and have Shaka walk around and talk to people while the assistants get the team warmed up.

I like this idea.  And actually have it at midnight so the students are all half in the bag.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2022, 03:59:54 PM »
If MU wants to recruit 5 stars and win national championships, we need a new culture.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2022, 04:00:49 PM »
All buy games should be at the Al.  Especially the ones that fall during winter break.  Or rent out Panther Arena for them for an arena in between those two.

There are no buy games during winter break.

And why not just play them at FF? Why play in a crappier arena if you don't have to?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2022, 04:04:52 PM »
If MU wants to recruit 5 stars and win national championships, we need a new culture.

AGREEEEEED!

And now it's all legal too!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2022, 04:07:34 PM »

This feels like you're asking Marquette to fail. Do you think they can afford to throw 50,000 sold seats in the trash every year?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2022, 04:13:02 PM »
This feels like you're asking Marquette to fail. Do you think they can afford to throw 50,000 sold seats in the trash every year?

Since they were paying $29,000/game in rent and $285K for the season for suite rentals at the BC, I'm guessing those numbers are way higher at the Fiserv Forum.  So they'd probably be saving quite a bit of coin by lowering the number of games they need to pay for rent at FF for.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2022, 04:19:30 PM »
Since they were paying $29,000/game in rent and $285K for the season for suite rentals at the BC, I'm guessing those numbers are way higher at the Fiserv Forum.  So they'd probably be saving quite a bit of coin by lowering the number of games they need to pay for rent at FF for.

So your idea is that STH packages should be reduced by four games and either priced the same, pissing everyone off in the process because they get less product. Or simply taking in less revenue. (And I am sure that marginal revenue is higher than the marginal expense of playing in FF.)

This doesn't seem well thought through.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JakeBarnes

• All American
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2022, 04:21:44 PM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2022, 04:31:34 PM »

So your idea is that STH packages should be reduced by four games and either priced the same, pissing everyone off in the process because they get less product. Or simply taking in less revenue. (And I am sure that marginal revenue is higher than the marginal expense of playing in FF.)

This doesn't seem well thought through.

Would people be pissed off?  I mean, they choose not to go to those games anyway.

The Bucks are the group that benefits.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2022, 04:33:05 PM »

Can we still be outraged?  I would like to be outraged some more.

9:30 in the got damn morning? Yeah, we can be hella outraged!!!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2022, 04:34:43 PM »

Tell me you don't know how season ticket packages work without telling me you don't know how season ticket packages work.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2022, 04:45:33 PM »
Yay!   A Blue and Gold scrimmage!   When God closes a door, he opens a window.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2022, 05:03:21 PM »
Yay!   A Blue and Gold scrimmage!   When God closes a door, he opens a window.

Someone please find out if any kids (MUTV, wire, etc) or others will be broadcasting the scrimmage. I will try to wake up to watch live if so, but no promises

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2022, 05:05:46 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CigHm3isf2e/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Its not the greatness of Haunted Hoops, but at least there is something new to bitch about.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 06:36:22 PM by We R Final Four »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2022, 05:34:34 PM »
This is probably a better idea than madness

Block party.

feedback