collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: RIP Queen Elizabeth  (Read 4326 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: RIP Queen Elizabeth
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2022, 06:34:31 AM »
With all due respect I think you are completely underestimating her influence and importance.  Especially in the UK.

She was a trash human if you really want to get into it.

The monarchy is garbage.  You're an American, not some subject of the crown.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2022, 06:40:28 AM »
I gather you’re not a fan?
Like his pops, he only likes Traditionals
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2022, 07:40:11 AM »
In a family that contains the likes of Prince Andrew, Meghan is a saint in comparison.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2022, 08:16:45 AM »
Twitter is ablaze. A video of Irish soccer supporters chanting about Lizzy being in a box, and the back and forth over a Carnegie Mellon University linguistics professors tweets about wishing QEII an excruciating death are fascinating. I don’t think I will ever understand the deep reverence and the unabashed hatred for the monarchy. It has been a lesson in perspective, the telling of history, how compassion is viewed. It is absolutely fascinating.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2022, 08:16:53 AM »
In a family that contains the likes of Prince Andrew, Meghan is a saint in comparison.

Let that be her epitaph - on her gravestone the words:

Here lies Megan Markle
 An awful person, but her uncle in law was worse

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2022, 08:17:49 AM »
And WTF is up with this ten day mourning period? Get the body in the ground and move on.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2022, 08:18:17 AM »

Here lies Megan Markle

Is she an awful person? I have no idea.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2022, 08:22:17 AM »
To the Brits the Queen is the keeper of British traditions. They look at her life as one of service to the Crown and the State.  I don't neccessarily agree but that's their deal.

Re: her worldwide mourning, she;s like the Pope.  Not everyone is Catholic but most recognize the role the Pope plays in the world.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2022, 08:49:28 AM »
Many years ago , in the pre internet and cell phone era , I was on the Board of a Multi National Company that had significant interests in The UK

We were having some issues with leases renewals on a number of properties in the Mayfair area of London . The Corporate Secretary of the UK division was going on and on about the Crown this and the Crown that with respect to these negotiations . Some correspondence was passed around and it had stationary with  a Crown as the letterhead , no name or anything else

So finally after much discourse and debate  , as a typical “ Ugly American”, I raised my hand as said “ Who the Hell is this Crown that you people are all in fear of ?”

The Corporate Secretary , with classic English undershot jaw , said “  Sir, The Crown is her Majesty The Queen”

At that point it was explained that the Monarch controlled substantial amount of land and commercial property all throughout the UK. That it was held in Trust and managed for her benefit as well as the country

We also had similar dealings with the The Duke of Westminster also known as ,Earl Grosvenor,  who owned the other land not owned by The Crown.

I learned then that all these sovereigns were essentially land owners from hundreds of years ago , who back in the day fielded their own army’s . As the world evolved they gave up their army’s but kept their property . Earl Spencer , Princess Dianas family ,owned substantial amounts of South Africa .

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2022, 09:23:53 AM »
And WTF is up with this ten day mourning period? Get the body in the ground and move on.

I saw all the cancellations and thought this at first too. But then again, we're not far from electing presidents who are actuarily unlikely to outlive their terms, so who are we to judge.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2022, 09:31:10 AM »
I wonder how the Queen's death will affect the final season, 6, series the Crown on Netflix? At least the script writers and actress playing the Queen now knows she is going to die at the end.

I wonder if Oprah will play Oprah in one of the final season episodes.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 09:34:11 AM by muwarrior69 »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2022, 09:41:27 AM »
Many years ago , in the pre internet and cell phone era , I was on the Board of a Multi National Company that had significant interests in The UK

We were having some issues with leases renewals on a number of properties in the Mayfair area of London . The Corporate Secretary of the UK division was going on and on about the Crown this and the Crown that with respect to these negotiations . Some correspondence was passed around and it had stationary with  a Crown as the letterhead , no name or anything else

So finally after much discourse and debate  , as a typical “ Ugly American”, I raised my hand as said “ Who the Hell is this Crown that you people are all in fear of ?”

The Corporate Secretary , with classic English undershot jaw , said “  Sir, The Crown is her Majesty The Queen”

At that point it was explained that the Monarch controlled substantial amount of land and commercial property all throughout the UK. That it was held in Trust and managed for her benefit as well as the country

We also had similar dealings with the The Duke of Westminster also known as ,Earl Grosvenor,  who owned the other land not owned by The Crown.

I learned then that all these sovereigns were essentially land owners from hundreds of years ago , who back in the day fielded their own army’s . As the world evolved they gave up their army’s but kept their property . Earl Spencer , Princess Dianas family ,owned substantial amounts of South Africa .
Uh-huh. Yet another MUFINY story about being involved in everything, everywhere, all the time.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2022, 10:27:57 AM »

Here lies Megan Markle

People caring this much about Meghan markle make as much sense to me as people who are still pissed off about the last Jedi.

GoFastAndWin

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2022, 07:59:26 PM »
Can't get Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad,  out of my mind.

MK Ultra. Monarch programming at its finest. 🤣

Autoengineer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2022, 11:10:01 PM »
It actually wouldn't surprise me if the Monachy is finished within 10 years.  Maybe sooner.
nah.  People like William and Kate.  The quicker they take over the better chance it has to go another 50 years or so at least.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2022, 11:16:49 PM »
nah.  People like William and Kate.  The quicker they take over the better chance it has to go another 50 years or so at least.

The British will come to love Charles - as odd as that sounds now.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2022, 06:36:32 PM »
The Irish are really showing out during this transition.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2022, 02:34:03 PM »
Yall see that idiot Biden was late for the funeral? Haha what a dumbass.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2022, 08:52:18 AM »
First, Queen Liz and now Coolio.

If deaths do indeed come in threes, we are in for another big one.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2022, 09:21:55 AM »

Kissinger please.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2022, 01:57:01 PM »
Kissinger please.

The fact that he has survived this long means he has already won. A painful enough death does not exist.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2022, 02:13:21 PM »
I just found out that the woman who played Kai Winn on Star Trek DS9 and Nurse Ratched on "One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest" died last week.  Maybe that's the third.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2022, 03:36:24 PM »
The fact that he has survived this long means he has already won. A painful enough death does not exist.

I've come to the conclusion that every time someone mentions his name he gets to live another day.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2022, 09:49:48 AM »

And there you go...  RIP to Loretta Lynn.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2022, 10:59:15 AM »

And there you go...  RIP to Loretta Lynn.

Fist City is just an incredible song in all facets

feedback