[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 College Football Thread  (Read 85196 times)

shoothoops

• All American
Re: 2023 College Football Thread
« Reply #1425 on: October 23, 2023, 02:04:03 PM »
You attack Wades for commenting on Mizzou's fanbase/radio show/state of the program.  Then when I actually talk about and speak accurately about Mizzou's program and their coach, complimenting them no less...you say you have no interest.  Way to tell on yourself.

Maybe stick to talking to yourself in the Tennis thread like its your own Twitter account.  Other people post in there and you rarely say anything unless there is the chance to deride others for not having the breadth of Tennis knowledge and experience you do.  But yep, we're all the unhappy ones  :o

You seem to be having some trouble. I didn’t attack anyone. I asked calmly,
rationally, in relaxed, matter of fact fashion, what would have been a better comment and I’ve still yet to hear one. Maybe take a deep breath.

I don’t understand the rest of the paragraph. You seem to keep having conversations with yourself by assuming and guessing the role of the other person. That’s hard to follow.

The tennis thread. (Checks tennis thread). Oh, you just posted in it. Let’s see what you had to add. (Takes a look). You made a comment that you thought a recently deceased tennis person that I knew was named after a medieval STD treatment. What exactly am I supposed to say in response to that? Then you say you don’t like the way I post but that I don’t engage with others who post in the thread? I will seek out and find a post to engage with you. (Writes note to self) And then you don’t have specifics.

Tennis? I also enjoy soccer, basketball, baseball, hockey,’several other Olympic sports, college, pro, Women, Men, youth.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 02:24:38 PM by shoothoops »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: October 23, 2023, 02:07:24 PM »
Jesus christ

He was part of the tribe, too.

And now so are you.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: October 23, 2023, 02:19:13 PM »
He was part of the tribe, too.

And now so are you.

Your impatience seeking social validation is giving yourself away here.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1428 on: October 23, 2023, 03:01:36 PM »
Your impatience seeking social validation is giving yourself away here.

Oh, my entire family has been part of the tribe for centuries, probably longer.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1429 on: October 24, 2023, 12:26:05 PM »
It’s a shame that Keefe isn’t here to give his thoughts on the Michigan situation.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1430 on: October 24, 2023, 01:17:28 PM »
Nah.   His presence just makes the board more doxic.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: October 24, 2023, 01:49:02 PM »
This sentence in the ESPN article on sign stealing is just stupid: "Sign stealing, whether legal or illegal 'is incredibly rampant in this business,' a longtime Power 5 assistant said. Ohio State defensive coordinator Jim Knowles told ESPN in December that he estimates 75% of teams do it in some form."

So, between the thing that is within the rules (game-day sign stealing) and the thing that is outside the rules (advance scouting), most teams do it. Oh really?  Based on the quote, If we're including "legal" and "illegal" methods, I'd be completely astounded if only 75% do it in some form. Is the tOSU coordinator suggesting that there are 25% of teams that don't look across the field (or the line of scrimmage) and try to figure out what the other team is calling?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: October 24, 2023, 01:51:00 PM »
Nah.   His presence just makes the board more doxic.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1433 on: October 24, 2023, 02:05:08 PM »
This sentence in the ESPN article on sign stealing is just stupid: "Sign stealing, whether legal or illegal 'is incredibly rampant in this business,' a longtime Power 5 assistant said. Ohio State defensive coordinator Jim Knowles told ESPN in December that he estimates 75% of teams do it in some form."

So, between the thing that is within the rules (game-day sign stealing) and the thing that is outside the rules (advance scouting), most teams do it. Oh really?  Based on the quote, If we're including "legal" and "illegal" methods, I'd be completely astounded if only 75% do it in some form. Is the tOSU coordinator suggesting that there are 25% of teams that don't look across the field (or the line of scrimmage) and try to figure out what the other team is calling?

Sign stealing in sports is a fascinating discussion.  It’s permissible to steal signs during a game or from watching game film but advanced scouting or attending a game to do so isn’t (until last week, I had no idea you couldn’t advance scout in person).  And a team or teams knew about it.  Greg Schiano had a halftime interview against Michigan where he alluded to something going on.  Like, that’s on him if he’s not changing signals from game-to-game imo.  The way coaches bounce from staff-to-staff, how can’t you change weekly?

Baseball is another category.  The ‘51 Giants were stealing signs from the CF scoreboard and though it wasn’t confirmed until a half a century later, it was widely assumed at the time something was amiss.  I put that on the teams that knew something was wrong.

Weirdly, the NCAA started talking about abolishing this rule in 2021.  They could avoid the issue by going to wireless helmets like the nfl but the poor schools can’t afford it
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: October 24, 2023, 02:57:47 PM »
Sign stealing in sports is a fascinating discussion.  It’s permissible to steal signs during a game or from watching game film but advanced scouting or attending a game to do so isn’t (until last week, I had no idea you couldn’t advance scout in person).  And a team or teams knew about it.  Greg Schiano had a halftime interview against Michigan where he alluded to something going on.  Like, that’s on him if he’s not changing signals from game-to-game imo.  The way coaches bounce from staff-to-staff, how can’t you change weekly?

Baseball is another category.  The ‘51 Giants were stealing signs from the CF scoreboard and though it wasn’t confirmed until a half a century later, it was widely assumed at the time something was amiss.  I put that on the teams that knew something was wrong.

Weirdly, the NCAA started talking about abolishing this rule in 2021.  They could avoid the issue by going to wireless helmets like the nfl but the poor schools can’t afford it

There are probably about 100-150 plays in a typical college playbook, with multiple variations on each for different personnel groupings and formations. A typical weekly gameplan won't include the entire playbook, but probably somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of it.
Asking your players to learn 60+ different signs every week is a big ask.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1435 on: October 24, 2023, 03:13:56 PM »
There are probably about 100-150 plays in a typical college playbook, with multiple variations on each for different personnel groupings and formations. A typical weekly gameplan won't include the entire playbook, but probably somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3 of it.
Asking your players to learn 60+ different signs every week is a big ask.

I’m going to disagree.  Coaches are getting paid a lot of money to figure it out.  Plus, most offenses are a lot more basic than we think.  The playbooks may be deep, but not a whole lot of it gets used week to week

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1436 on: October 24, 2023, 09:38:50 PM »
Weirdly, the NCAA started talking about abolishing this rule in 2021. 

It’s an idiotic rule IMHO.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1437 on: October 24, 2023, 09:42:09 PM »

The reaction from coaches throughout the sport makes me wonder how rampant it is.  Weirder yet, this guy wasn’t a staffer until 2022 but was allegedly a super fan who was at everything.  Real wild story

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1438 on: October 24, 2023, 09:44:45 PM »
Just like limiting scholarships and staff sizes. If you can't afford to play the game, get out.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1439 on: October 25, 2023, 10:45:52 AM »
This is pretty well done.  The camera made me laugh

https://youtu.be/NQm2YXqkmAQ

Also hits on the fact that the details and background/process of it seem to be more absurd than whatever “crime” was committed.

Also absurd is the not insignificant chorus from Bucknuts in Columbus that this should be death penalty worthy  :o

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1440 on: October 25, 2023, 11:25:47 AM »
This is pretty well done.  The camera made me laugh

https://youtu.be/NQm2YXqkmAQ

Also hits on the fact that the details and background/process of it seem to be more absurd than whatever “crime” was committed.

Also absurd is the not insignificant chorus from Bucknuts in Columbus that this should be death penalty worthy  :o

Neither of those "fans" used their tickets for the OSU/PSU game this past weekend. I wonder why.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1441 on: October 28, 2023, 07:24:01 PM »
Northwestern evens record at 4-4 with win over Maryland. Only 19,286 showed yo in Evanston .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1442 on: October 29, 2023, 07:08:16 AM »
Badger lost which hurts Marquette’s cause

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1443 on: October 29, 2023, 07:55:13 AM »
Badgers don't have the talent to compete with The Buckeyes
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1444 on: October 29, 2023, 07:57:34 AM »

And that hurts Marquette’s cause

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1445 on: October 29, 2023, 08:07:59 AM »
Been that way for a very long time.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1447 on: October 29, 2023, 02:05:50 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1448 on: October 29, 2023, 02:19:45 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1449 on: October 29, 2023, 04:33:50 PM »
Coach Prime throwing Offensive Line under the bus

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38769067/colorado-shedeur-sanders-takes-beating-deion-laments-poor-protection-vs-ucla

Perfect.

"I failed to recruit good offensive linemen, putting my own son and other skill players in harm's way, so I'll blame the cruddy ones."