[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 College Football Thread  (Read 85132 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: 2023 College Football Thread
« Reply #1100 on: September 10, 2023, 02:13:16 PM »
Yeah, should probably just assume sarcasm from Rico.

Especially when it mimics Herman’s posts.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #1101 on: September 10, 2023, 02:15:57 PM »
Am I the only one that’s assuming teal here?

Nope. As I wrote earlier-

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: September 10, 2023, 02:19:36 PM »
Mich State presser at 5pm today. Perfect time to fire Tucker during the NFL late window.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: September 10, 2023, 02:27:14 PM »
Mich State presser at 5pm today. Perfect time to fire Tucker during the NFL late window.

Good news.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1104 on: September 10, 2023, 02:39:57 PM »
Tucker isn’t even being fired for the actual sexual act.  That was completely reprehensible, but he STILL had an out to get past it all.  He’s being fired cause he’s threw a fit and then acted like a bully when he was rejected.  What a clown

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: September 10, 2023, 02:59:37 PM »
Tucker officially fired.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1106 on: September 10, 2023, 03:00:13 PM »
AMF
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1107 on: September 10, 2023, 03:06:09 PM »
More heads should roll too. MSU has been aware of these allegations and Tucker’s admission for MONTHS. 

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1108 on: September 10, 2023, 03:07:36 PM »
Conflicting report from Detroit Free Press saying he’s suspended with pay until the outcome of the investigation.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1109 on: September 10, 2023, 03:24:49 PM »
More heads should roll too. MSU has been aware of these allegations and Tucker’s admission for MONTHS. 

Right, but they trying to get out of the contract, so letting the Title IX investigation play out until the final hearing in October makes sense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #1110 on: September 10, 2023, 03:35:24 PM »
Right, but they trying to get out of the contract, so letting the Title IX investigation play out until the final hearing in October makes sense.

Makes sense.  I didn’t think of that aspect.

• All American
« Reply #1111 on: September 10, 2023, 04:06:06 PM »
The fact that they scheduled the hearing during a bye week leads me to believe they were always going to let him go after the investigation. (He doesn't have to be guilty of harassment to be fired for cause apparently.) But doing it before the facts are officially presented could be problematic when it comes to firing him for cause.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1112 on: September 10, 2023, 04:11:56 PM »
The fact that they scheduled the hearing during a bye week leads me to believe they were always going to let him go after the investigation. (He doesn't have to be guilty of harassment to be fired for cause apparently.) But doing it before the facts are officially presented could be problematic when it comes to firing him for cause.

He’s a Barry Alvarez player.  Probably learned from the master, so to speak
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1113 on: September 10, 2023, 04:56:58 PM »
Badgers fans clearly not abiding by First Corinthians 13 4-8a

https://wisportsheroics.com/wisconsin-badgers-fans-jim-leonhard-news-notes/
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1114 on: September 10, 2023, 05:04:14 PM »
This probably explains the bizarre, rambling preseason  interviews from Tucker.   This was looming.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

• All American
« Reply #1115 on: September 10, 2023, 07:48:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/DanMurphyESPN/status/1701032835048526172?s=20

Apparently the administration knew there was an investigation against Tucker, but did not know the details until last night. This is actually appropriate.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
            ---Al McGuire

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1117 on: September 11, 2023, 08:38:46 AM »
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2023/09/10/michigan-state-football-mark-dantonio-trying-to-figure-out-his-role/70819413007/
Only MSU could actually take a step backward ethically during another black eye situation. I'm waiting for them to bring back Larry Nassar as team trainer.

I guess I'm stating the obvious to everyone, but MSU has very serious leadership issues. MSU fan boards are calling for the entire BoT to be replaced.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1118 on: September 11, 2023, 09:02:29 AM »
Only MSU could actually take a step backward ethically during another black eye situation. I'm waiting for them to bring back Larry Nassar as team trainer.

I guess I'm stating the obvious to everyone, but MSU has very serious leadership issues. MSU fan boards are calling for the entire BoT to be replaced.

Tom Izzo will be very angry about tik tok
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1119 on: September 11, 2023, 09:25:11 AM »

From what is publicly available, I think MSU has handled this situation as well as they could have. My only nits are the length of the investigation and this most recent suspension without pay. Title IX Investigations often take 10 months like this one will, but with such a high profile case, I would have made sure that the investigation moved along at a quicker pace. But even that has its risks because if he is fired and then shows that they deviated from their normal process because of who he is, that could make them vulnerable.

Then with this most recent suspension, I think they are actually on shaky legal ground. TIX is still using the Trump-era regs and they have high requirements for suspending someone prior to finding them responsible and I don't think they've been met in this case. It feels like a move done for optics now that the story has become public. My guess is they will use some non-TIX rule violation to try and justify the decision. For example, he reportedly got caught in several lies to the investigator. That could give them a back door justification for suspending him now.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

• All American
« Reply #1120 on: September 11, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »
Yeah, I was actually really surprised the suspension was without pay. It doesn't seem like it would cost all that much to pay him for a few weeks just to make sure legally everything is being done correctly.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #1121 on: September 11, 2023, 09:59:41 AM »
From what is publicly available, I think MSU has handled this situation as well as they could have. My only nits are the length of the investigation and this most recent suspension without pay. Title IX Investigations often take 10 months like this one will, but with such a high profile case, I would have made sure that the investigation moved along at a quicker pace. But even that has its risks because if he is fired and then shows that they deviated from their normal process because of who he is, that could make them vulnerable.

Then with this most recent suspension, I think they are actually on shaky legal ground. TIX is still using the Trump-era regs and they have high requirements for suspending someone prior to finding them responsible and I don't think they've been met in this case. It feels like a move done for optics now that the story has become public. My guess is they will use some non-TIX rule violation to try and justify the decision. For example, he reportedly got caught in several lies to the investigator. That could give them a back door justification for suspending him now.
Good information. I don't know much about TIX but we have a family friend who works in that field and litigated against Baylor a few years ago that I will see in 2 weeks. I'm sure she'll have some good info, assuming she has not been brought into this case. (She said she would never send her daughter to Baylor after seeing all the facts, that she could not share)

That aside, I was pointing out that they brought back Dantonio. That guy turned a blind eye to assaults by his own players. Not the face of ethical behavior needed in this situation. I understand he resigned under pressure of the investigations into his own behavior.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1122 on: September 11, 2023, 05:08:20 PM »
Mel Tucker releases his side of the story.   This is not getting better.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1123 on: September 11, 2023, 10:24:23 PM »
Mel Tucker releases his side of the story.   This is not getting better.
Tuckers statement .
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1701333915108003931/photo/2
            ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1124 on: September 15, 2023, 07:35:14 PM »
            ---Al McGuire

feedback