[Today at 04:18:31 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[Today at 02:09:27 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by barfolomew
[Today at 02:08:20 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 College Football Thread  (Read 85189 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: 2022-23 College Football Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 22, 2022, 02:41:23 PM »
Clemson fans storm the field after beating... Syracuse????
That should earn them a postseason ban

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #401 on: October 22, 2022, 03:36:54 PM »
Oregon’s uniforms. 😳😳😳
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #402 on: October 22, 2022, 04:23:21 PM »
Weber State has given up *four* safeties today on snaps over the punter’s head.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #403 on: October 22, 2022, 04:52:00 PM »
Oregon’s uniforms. 😳😳😳

They are AWESOME.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #404 on: October 22, 2022, 04:56:56 PM »
They are AWESOME.

Agree. Just wasn’t expecting them when I turned the game on.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #405 on: October 22, 2022, 06:49:45 PM »
The goal line non-TD by Purdue and then not over-turned by replay is one of the worst calls ever.

That crew and replay official should be fired.

• All American
« Reply #406 on: October 22, 2022, 06:51:47 PM »
I understand why the replay crew didn't overturn it.  Why don't they have a camera right down the line? But it was an awful call - not even close.

But what I don't understand is why Purdue didn't go for two there.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #407 on: October 22, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »
Clemson fans storm the field after beating... Syracuse????
That should earn them a postseason ban

Fans are allowed on the field after every game at Clemson. Its not a field storming. Its called the “Gathering at the Paw and goes back to 1942. They even let opposing fans on the field if their team wins.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article265076464.html
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #408 on: October 22, 2022, 07:20:46 PM »

That might end up being the stat of the year. All by the same snapper?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #409 on: October 22, 2022, 07:23:44 PM »
That might end up being the stat of the year. All by the same snapper?

Apparently.

• All American
« Reply #410 on: October 22, 2022, 07:24:09 PM »
Oh my lord is that Jimbo Fischer contract looking horrendous. 

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #411 on: October 22, 2022, 10:56:36 PM »
That is crazy.  And they lost by 5.  Do they not have a backup long snapper?  After 2, WTF coach, have someone else snap.

I was a long snapper in high school, I snapped my very first snap as a freshman out of the endzone, but we were at the 2 yard line.  Never had a bad snap the next four years.  How a college player could snap four for safeties is mind boggling. 

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #412 on: October 23, 2022, 06:01:49 AM »
That is crazy.  And they lost by 5.  Do they not have a backup long snapper?  After 2, WTF coach, have someone else snap.

I was a long snapper in high school, I snapped my very first snap as a freshman out of the endzone, but we were at the 2 yard line.  Never had a bad snap the next four years.  How a college player could snap four for safeties is mind boggling.
Is Muggsy the punter?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #413 on: October 23, 2022, 08:16:29 AM »
Oh my lord is that Jimbo Fischer contract looking horrendous.
But wait, he's only been at A&M for five years, don't we need seven years to fairly evaluate him?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #414 on: October 23, 2022, 08:19:53 AM »
Here's what Weber State coach Jay Hill said about the crazy situation, the rainy conditions and long snapper Grant Sands:

“Grant’s going to be fine. Grant Sands has been a great snapper for us and he’s going to be OK. He missed the first one and then you stick with him. He does the second one and I’m like ‘Grant, you’re going to be OK, just chill, relax. Snap with your technique.’ He’s always been a great snapper.

“He sails the third one, and now you’ve got to make a decision as a coach. Do you pull him and just say he’s not ready to go or do you try to let him regroup at halftime and see what he can pull out? I was banking on Grant.

“People can say ‘oh, you should’ve done it sooner.’ But you don’t know, under those conditions, backup snappers are no guarantees either. I sat there and watched (Montana State’s) snapper at halftime warming up and he snapped four balls that bounced to the punter, four in a row. So to just say put a new guy in there, that’s not necessarily the answer. Unless you’ve been in our shoes and have seen practices, and know how that goes, it’s just not necessarily always the answer. Sometimes it is."

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/2022/oct/22/bewilderment-in-bozeman-montana-state-hangs-on-to-beat-weber-state-43-38-in-madcap-contest/

FWIW, Hill has coached Weber State to a 49-16 record and 4 conference titles since 2017, and they were 6-0 going into yesterday's game. In no way am I justifying his decision to stick with the long snapper; just saying he has been a pretty good coach.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #415 on: October 23, 2022, 04:57:04 PM »
He’s an idiot (or had money on the other team).   A bad grade school team would not botch 4 punt snaps for safeties.

Here's what Weber State coach Jay Hill said about the crazy situation, the rainy conditions and long snapper Grant Sands:

“Grant’s going to be fine. Grant Sands has been a great snapper for us and he’s going to be OK. He missed the first one and then you stick with him. He does the second one and I’m like ‘Grant, you’re going to be OK, just chill, relax. Snap with your technique.’ He’s always been a great snapper.

“He sails the third one, and now you’ve got to make a decision as a coach. Do you pull him and just say he’s not ready to go or do you try to let him regroup at halftime and see what he can pull out? I was banking on Grant.

“People can say ‘oh, you should’ve done it sooner.’ But you don’t know, under those conditions, backup snappers are no guarantees either. I sat there and watched (Montana State’s) snapper at halftime warming up and he snapped four balls that bounced to the punter, four in a row. So to just say put a new guy in there, that’s not necessarily the answer. Unless you’ve been in our shoes and have seen practices, and know how that goes, it’s just not necessarily always the answer. Sometimes it is."

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/2022/oct/22/bewilderment-in-bozeman-montana-state-hangs-on-to-beat-weber-state-43-38-in-madcap-contest/

FWIW, Hill has coached Weber State to a 49-16 record and 4 conference titles since 2017, and they were 6-0 going into yesterday's game. In no way am I justifying his decision to stick with the long snapper; just saying he has been a pretty good coach.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #416 on: October 23, 2022, 10:33:48 PM »
He’s an idiot (or had money on the other team).   A bad grade school team would not botch 4 punt snaps for safeties.

I've never watched one second of Weber State football and I don't know the coach. All I know are the stats. Maybe the guy has lucked into a .754 winning percentage and 4 conference titles since 2017 and he really is an idiot. Or maybe he knows more about his personnel than either of us do. Or maybe he made a foolish decision and it cost him a game, something that can be said of every coach in every sport.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #417 on: October 30, 2022, 11:31:59 AM »
The investigation and subsequent fallot from the tunnel in Ann Arbor will be interesting.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #418 on: October 30, 2022, 02:59:58 PM »
The investigation and subsequent fallot from the tunnel in Ann Arbor will be interesting.

It’s not often a sideline reporter reports anything interesting a coach says at halftime.  Last night was an exception when Mel “$95 Million Man” Tucker said Michigan couldn’t cover their wideouts and  the proceeded to shut them out until garbage time
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #419 on: October 30, 2022, 03:37:56 PM »
It’s not often a sideline reporter reports anything interesting a coach says at halftime.  Last night was an exception when Mel “$95 Million Man” Tucker said Michigan couldn’t cover their wideouts and  the proceeded to shut them out until garbage time
Never really cared about Michigan State but they are getting what they deserve. Hard to feel bad for them when, as a taxpayer funded institution, they drop $95MM on Mel Tucker with a well deserved $500MM judgment against them. I guess the State of Michigan is flush with cash since the residents of Flint can drink bottled water instead of tap water.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #420 on: October 30, 2022, 03:53:21 PM »
Never really cared about Michigan State but they are getting what they deserve. Hard to feel bad for them when, as a taxpayer funded institution, they drop $95MM on Mel Tucker with a well deserved $500MM judgment against them. I guess the State of Michigan is flush with cash since the residents of Flint can drink bottled water instead of tap water.

They have rich alumni paying Tucker $95 million but your point stands. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #421 on: October 30, 2022, 06:00:46 PM »
Given some of Lane Kiffin's comments over the past week, those in Tuscaloosa who believe he's Saban's handpicked successor may be on to something.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #422 on: October 30, 2022, 06:18:11 PM »
Given some of Lane Kiffin's comments over the past week, those in Tuscaloosa who believe he's Saban's handpicked successor may be on to something.

Lane Kiffin at Alabama as head coach would be amazing

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #423 on: October 31, 2022, 02:55:44 PM »
Harsin out at Auburn.  247 thinks Kiffin is choice number 1

• All American
« Reply #424 on: October 31, 2022, 03:15:57 PM »
Harsin out at Auburn.  247 thinks Kiffin is choice number 1

If they don't get Kiffin, they are inevitably going to be disappointed at whomever they end up with. That is a hard gig with sky high expectations, but you are sandwiched in between Georgia and Alabama. Plus there is all the booster involvement...