[Today at 07:30:08 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 2024 College Football Thread  (Read 84032 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: 2022-23 College Football Thread
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2022, 06:35:06 PM »
Pepsi has a few billboards up around town with some football players on them.

And the 21 year ban from the Shoe Box is over, so that will help recruiting

The difference in recruiting “budget” between Wisconsin and Ohio State is galaxies apart.  Even Nebraska has more pinned to it than UW and that should be a concern if they get a guy at HC.  Wisconsin has to embrace to new age and understand it’s all about the Benjamin’s with recruiting in football
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2022, 06:43:44 PM »
They have it.  The athletic department hasn’t fully embraced it yet
I should have been more specific . My friend the Big Badger Benefactor was actually saying that they are not embracing NIL.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2022, 06:48:36 PM »
I should have been more specific . My friend the Big Badger Benefactor was actually saying that they are not embracing NIL.

That makes more sense.  They’re making money hand over fist with TV deals and league money, on top of that.  As of a few years ago, they had the nations 11th biggest athletic budget.  They like to pretend they’re the little engine that could when they’re closer to Goliath

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2022, 06:57:31 PM »

The most inbred athletic department in D1.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2022, 07:17:01 PM »
The difference in recruiting “budget” between Wisconsin and Ohio State is galaxies apart.  Even Nebraska has more pinned to it than UW and that should be a concern if they get a guy at HC.  Wisconsin has to embrace to new age and understand it’s all about the Benjamin’s with recruiting in football

What part of the SHOE BOX don't you understand?   The SHOE BOX in Black Earth, Goddammit.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2022, 07:27:14 PM »
What part of the SHOE BOX don't you understand?   The SHOE BOX in Black Earth, Goddammit.

Lol, my bad.  They probably have that in the NIL power point

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2022, 07:46:59 PM »
That makes more sense.  They’re making money hand over fist with TV deals and league money, on top of that.  As of a few years ago, they had the nations 11th biggest athletic budget.  They like to pretend they’re the little engine that could when they’re closer to Goliath

You hit it on the head. I've been watching (and hating) UW football for 50+ years. The reason they like to pretend they're " the little engine that could" is because that sells really well outstate and it's great "cover" designed to explain all sorts of failure over the years. Badger fans outstate are such naive morons. If you ask them, they will tell you that UW football would be as good or better than OSU or Michigan or PSU except that OSU and Michigan and PSU have more money and cheat and have much lower academic standards than the UW------which is all bullchit. Yet they lap it up. This has been the case for decades.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2022, 07:57:01 PM »
You hit it on the head. I've been watching (and hating) UW football for 50+ years. The reason they like to pretend they're " the little engine that could" is because that sells really well outstate and it's great "cover" designed to explain all sorts of failure over the years. Badger fans outstate are such naive morons. If you ask them, they will tell you that UW football would be as good or better than OSU or Michigan or PSU except that OSU and Michigan and PSU have more money and cheat and have much lower academic standards than the UW------which is all bullchit. Yet they lap it up. This has been the case for decades.

I have a golf buddy who believes that, too.  When I told him the budget was 11th in the nation, he was flummoxed but still says it’s not the same somehow.  And yes, always says everyone else cheats and they don’t

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #283 on: October 01, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »
Not all that different from the thought Bo Ryan was picking up guys from the YMCA since everyone else had their hands out.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2022, 08:15:31 PM »
Not all that different from the thought Bo Ryan was picking up guys from the YMCA since everyone else had their hands out.

Yes, Bo too was the ultimate victim. Always some cheating, conniving bastard trying to interfere with his pursuit of success.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2022, 08:29:31 PM »
They have it.  The athletic department hasn’t fully embraced it yet

That’s what I heard from a football staff member.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2022, 09:24:01 PM »
I know very little about college football but is  it conceivable Chryst is fired?  How bad is this Wisconsin team relative to preseason expectations?   Historically bad?  Does Whisky actually think they could get a coach that could compete with the best teams?  I don't see it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:29:23 PM by MuggsyB »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2022, 10:03:57 PM »
Edit:: F the badgers

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2022, 10:50:09 PM »
Solid win for The Huskers. Could Mickey Joseph lead the team to a Big Ten West title?
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #289 on: October 01, 2022, 11:05:17 PM »
Is the B14 West better than the Sun Belt?

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #290 on: October 02, 2022, 12:37:24 AM »
The BADgers had 2 yards rushing total, at home, as a 7 pt favorite.  I told friends that Bielama will know exactly how to shut down the BADger pathetically predictable offense.  And I was right.

• All American
« Reply #291 on: October 02, 2022, 05:59:07 AM »
Badgers problem is absolute lack of talent. The offense is no different than the one of three to six years ago that was going to BCS bowls. The offensive line is the worst I have seen in a long time and there just aren’t any decent receivers.

Kinda wonder if this is what it looks like when you see a program that was built on a decent amount in-state talent but football participation rates in the state are dropping.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #292 on: October 02, 2022, 07:10:47 AM »
I know very little about college football but is  it conceivable Chryst is fired?  How bad is this Wisconsin team relative to preseason expectations?   Historically bad?  Does Whisky actually think they could get a coach that could compete with the best teams?  I don't see it.

I suppose it’s possible.  Things move a lot faster with regards to coaches in college football now.  Not sure Wisconsin wants to be “that program” but there’s a lot of vitriol out there for him now.

I’ll say this.  We live in social media driven knee-jerk society where we fire everybody after each bad stretchy.  It’s not realistic or very smart

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #293 on: October 02, 2022, 07:11:35 AM »
Solid win for The Huskers. Could Mickey Joseph lead the team to a Big Ten West title?

I hope so.  Then they’ll keep him probably and continue their irrelevancy

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #294 on: October 02, 2022, 07:13:34 AM »
Badgers problem is absolute lack of talent. The offense is no different than the one of three to six years ago that was going to BCS bowls. The offensive line is the worst I have seen in a long time and there just aren’t any decent receivers.

Kinda wonder if this is what it looks like when you see a program that was built on a decent amount in-state talent but football participation rates in the state are dropping.

They’re pinning the blame on Joe Rudolph and think Bostad will fix the line.  They whiffed on Logan Brown but do have some young hosses who are supposed to be good.

The skill position players just aren’t very good outside the RB’s (maybe). 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #295 on: October 02, 2022, 09:17:57 AM »
The BADgers had 2 yards rushing total, at home, as a 7 pt favorite.  I told friends that Bielama will know exactly how to shut down the BADger pathetically predictable offense.  And I was right.

Here's hoping that you used your predictive powers to take out a second mortgage and bet it all on the Illini.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

• All American
« Reply #296 on: October 02, 2022, 09:21:40 AM »

Did he learn something since Illinois lost 24-0 last year?

Again, this is largely a talent issue - not a coaching one. Chryst didn't forget how to coach offense. He just doesn't have the horses.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2022, 09:37:55 AM »

Again, this is largely a talent issue - not a coaching one. Chryst didn't forget how to coach offense. He just doesn't have the horses.

And it’s not like the Badgers offense has drastically changed in the past 30 years. 

Mike Leach runs the same 4-5 plays his entire career.  The game isn’t the rocket science people make it out to be. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #298 on: October 02, 2022, 11:19:20 AM »

Not even just that, the state never produced top level skill position players at any meaningful clip, which makes it even more difficult when thats your recruiting strategy.

Mostly agree, but I don't think hes adapted very well.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #299 on: October 02, 2022, 05:11:14 PM »

Mike Leach runs the same 4-5 plays his entire career.  The game isn’t the rocket science people make it out to be.

More coaches should be running those same 4-5 plays, a’ina?

feedback