[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:40:35 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bronny James?  (Read 15904 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Bronny James?
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2022, 06:41:25 PM »
Tim Maymon.  And others.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2022, 08:38:23 PM »
Closer than bronny is - plus the bucks made a long term investment in Giannis. A franchise only gets one year of team James.

And a declining James at that.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2022, 08:50:47 PM »
And a declining James at that.

Bruh ... he's still a top 10 NBA player. Arguably top 5. If the price of adding a player of his abilities - not to mention one who would sell tickets- is sticking his kid on the bench, it's a great deal.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2022, 08:52:23 PM »

Totally different. Eli belonged in the nfl. Bronny has not business of playing in the nba now

Typical LeBron hater  ::)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2022, 08:58:46 PM »
Bruh ... he's still a top 10 NBA player. Arguably top 5. If the price of adding a player of his abilities - not to mention one who would sell tickets- is sticking his kid on the bench, it's a great deal.

Exactly. All but a couple teams make that deal in a heartbeat.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 09:12:58 PM »
A job…..that he was no way no how qualified for.

But you’re right — Lebron isn’t the first Dad to be a jagoff and flex his muscles for an underserving son. But (like it always has) it still sucks.

Guys, do we tell him?

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2022, 09:30:06 PM »

I'm a well known Lebron hater, and I disagree. No longer top 10. Definitely not top 5. Top 5 players can lead their team to a playoff appearance.

He packs the stat book by going and getting his own. Best player on a bad team. Does not play defense anymore, the number of plays he completely takes off is impressive.

That's not saying he sucks. Still an amazing player, just finally starting to fall of in terms of his game.

If I were the Lakers, I'd try to trade him for Durant.

edit: Tried to put a list together, and I'm wrong. Lebron would come in somewhere around 8, 9 or 10. There are fewer elite players than my initial gut reaction. Still would trade him for Durant though.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:34:58 PM by forgetful »

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 10:00:52 PM »
Lebron 2022 stats:
30.3 points, 8.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2022, 10:05:19 PM »
Lebron 2022 stats:
30.3 points, 8.2 rebounds, 6.2 assists

And 2 years removed from a title.

His problem isn’t his play. It’s his GM’ing. But if the price of a title (he’s won one every city he’s played in) is your team might stink for a few years after he leaves for greener pastures, literally every franchise in the NBA would (and should) make that deal.

And I can’t stand him and think he’s a phony.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2022, 10:16:11 PM »
I'm a well known Lebron hater, and I disagree. No longer top 10. Definitely not top 5. Top 5 players can lead their team to a playoff appearance.

5th in VORP
4th in PER
5th in BPM

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2022, 10:48:07 PM »
5th in VORP
4th in PER
5th in BPM

Embiid
Jokic
Giannis
Curry
Durant

You'd have to be nuts to select James above any of those 5, I also think it would be very hard to place Doncic after James.

panda

• All American
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2022, 06:40:34 AM »

Typical LeBron hater  ::)

Those are two totally different scenarios. Doesn’t take a lebron hater to say that.

panda

• All American
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2022, 06:41:35 AM »
It will be entertaining to watch. Like when a few players on whatever team they’re both playing on get injured and the GM needs to decide what to do when they need an actual NBA player to contribute. Do they let Bronny suit up and tank team chemistry because they have a guy on their team who has no business playing or do they send him down a level to the G League? Does Lebron go down to the G league then too? Anything is possible !

Uncle Rico

• All American
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2022, 06:54:19 AM »
It will be entertaining to watch. Like when a few players on whatever team they’re both playing on get injured and the GM needs to decide what to do when they need an actual NBA player to contribute. Do they let Bronny suit up and tank team chemistry because they have a guy on their team who has no business playing or do they send him down a level to the G League? Does Lebron go down to the G league then too? Anything is possible !

I think you’re overthinking this
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

panda

• All American
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2022, 06:58:41 AM »
I think you’re overthinking this

My hypothetical is an improbable situation?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2022, 08:05:35 AM »
My hypothetical is an improbable situation?

Not at all. NBA teams' fortunes often rest on their 15th player.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2022, 08:21:20 AM »
Lebron wood bea best served bye shuttin' up and just dribblin', hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

panda

• All American
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2022, 08:23:12 AM »
Not at all. NBA teams' fortunes often rest on their 15th player.

It’ll be like when a competing team in baseball has a rule 5 player on their roster. You feel the pain a lot more than you’d initially anticipate. Anyone remember Wei Chung Wang with the Brewers.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2022, 08:36:18 AM »

Exactly. He went from one of the best 2 in the history of the game to a top 10 guy in the current league last year. So, declining. By the time Bronny suits up he decline some more. You’re also right that a) some GM will do it and b) some people will pay to see the circus. But I think the chance that Lebron can assemble a championship team around this charade are somewhere between remote and nil. We’ll see.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
Exactly. He went from one of the best 2 in the history of the game to a top 10 guy in the current league last year. So, declining. By the time Bronny suits up he decline some more. You’re also right that a) some GM will do it and b) some people will pay to see the circus. But I think the chance that Lebron can assemble a championship team around this charade are somewhere between remote and nil. We’ll see.

Why is Lebron not sending his kid to college to get an education?  It would be best for him.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2022, 09:29:09 AM »
'Cuz he's rich, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2022, 09:29:27 AM »
Give me one other example in the nba of how a father makes that kind declaration about his and his sons future.

Is it that far off for a father to buy into a share of an NBA franchise to get his son a G-League spot?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2022, 09:56:43 AM »
It’ll be like when a competing team in baseball has a rule 5 player on their roster. You feel the pain a lot more than you’d initially anticipate. Anyone remember Wei Chung Wang with the Brewers.

Most MLB teams have a guy or two in the bullpen that only pitch in low leverage situations. I don’t think the Wei Chung Wang issue hurt them too much. Didn’t they put him on the DL with even the slightest injury?

If your 12th-15th guy is getting meaningful minutes in the NBA, you’re in a pretty rough spot anyways.

panda

• All American
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2022, 10:41:30 AM »
Is it that far off for a father to buy into a share of an NBA franchise to get his son a G-League spot?

Yes, an nba player demanding a roster spot for he and his son for one year is different than the last spot on a g league roster.

panda

• All American
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2022, 10:43:50 AM »
Most MLB teams have a guy or two in the bullpen that only pitch in low leverage situations. I don’t think the Wei Chung Wang issue hurt them too much. Didn’t they put him on the DL with even the slightest injury?

If your 12th-15th guy is getting meaningful minutes in the NBA, you’re in a pretty rough spot anyways.

He ended up hurting the brewers and was sent down as soon as the rule 5 restriction ended, with a very questionable DL stint before that.

How is lebron going to respond if the organization shelves his son for a mysterious injury?