[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MKE RNC Debate Crime Reports  (Read 2744 times)

Dickthedribbler

• All American
Re: MKE RNC Debate Crime Reports
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2023, 05:54:40 PM »
#FakeNews #NRApropaganda

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-nras-fuzzy-decades-old-claim-of-20000-gun-laws/2013/02/04/4a7892c0-6f23-11e2-ac36-3d8d9dcaa2e2_blog.html

"Washington Post" and "fact-checker." That's a joke, right?

For a media outlet that's sitting on and spiking the biggest government corruption story in the last century, the WAPO shouldn't be "fact checking" anyone or anything.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2023, 05:57:41 PM »
"Washington Post" and "fact-checker." That's a joke, right?

For a media outlet that's sitting on and spiking the biggest government corruption story in the last century, the WAPO shouldn't be "fact checking" anyone or anything.

You didn't actually read a word of it, did you?
Biggest corruption story of the last century? lolz. Don't worry, I'm sure InfoWars is all over it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2023, 06:50:23 PM »
#FakeNews #NRApropaganda

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/the-nras-fuzzy-decades-old-claim-of-20000-gun-laws/2013/02/04/4a7892c0-6f23-11e2-ac36-3d8d9dcaa2e2_blog.html

I read it - and it pretty much meandered all over the place without ever really coming up with any answers.

Look, one of your crew claimed there are no gun laws to enforce. That’s total, unadulterated BS. There are thousands. Quibble over whether there are 20 thousand if that makes you feel better. There may be less, there may be more. But there’s a sh!tload more than zero.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2023, 07:04:02 PM »
I read it - and it pretty much meandered all over the place without ever really coming up with any answers.

No answers? It gives the claim Three Pinocchios,
Three Pinocchios is defined as:
Significant factual error and/or obvious contradictions. This gets into the realm of "mostly false." But it could include statements which are technically correct (such as based on official government data) but are so taken out of context as to be very misleading.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/07/about-fact-checker/

Look, one of your crew claimed there are no gun laws to enforce. That’s total, unadulterated BS. There are thousands. Quibble over whether there are 20 thousand if that makes you feel better. There may be less, there may be more. But there’s a sh!tload more than zero.

Well, that's not quite what he wrote, and - while I can't speak for him - I'm pretty certain he intended his remark as sarcasm.
I imagine you read it that way as well, but you're arguing about it anyhow.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2023, 07:20:42 PM »
No answers? It gives the claim Three Pinocchios,
Three Pinocchios is defined as:
Significant factual error and/or obvious contradictions. This gets into the realm of "mostly false." But it could include statements which are technically correct (such as based on official government data) but are so taken out of context as to be very misleading.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/07/about-fact-checker/

Well, that's not quite what he wrote, and - while I can't speak for him - I'm pretty certain he intended his remark as sarcasm.
I imagine you read it that way as well, but you're arguing about it anyhow.

Read the whole article. They don’t have an answer as to how many thousands of gun laws are out there.

Dickthedribbler

• All American
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2023, 07:26:32 PM »
Read the whole article. They don’t have an answer as to how many thousands of gun laws are out there.

Thanks for fact checking, Lenny.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2023, 07:34:50 PM »
Nothin' political 'bout dis thread, Rocky. O, da irony, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2023, 07:51:06 PM »

Right. Because they never set out to determine how many gun laws are out there. It set out to determine whether the claim you shared here is accurate. And it's not.
It really isn't any more complicated than that.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2023, 08:24:51 PM »

Just don't mention twatter, and it's all good.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2023, 12:06:12 AM »
I spent the evening with a CNN exec who I would consider pretty impartial and very well read.  His take on a lot of this stuff was enlightening.  For both sides.

He knows it’s a game and he already knows the  score.   

Maybe I shouldn’t trust him but I really like him and his girlfriend. They seem like good people.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 10:04:46 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2023, 12:23:04 AM »
I spent the evening with a CNN exec who I I would consider pretty impartial and very well read.  His take on a lot of this stuff was enlightening.  For both sides.

He knows it’s a game and he already know the  score.   

Maybe I shouldn’t trust him but I really like him and his girlfriend. They seem like good people.

Hotwifing?

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2023, 08:45:13 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1694886846050771321

Guy Tweets to "NEVER SURRENDER" by posting a picture of his surrender to police.

Also self reported him height and weight as the same height and weight as Lamar Jackson.  #EliteAthlete

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2023, 02:40:14 PM »

I guess politics is in the eye of the moderator.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2023, 02:56:11 PM »

Guy Tweets to "NEVER SURRENDER" by posting a picture of his surrender to police.

Also self reported him height and weight as the same height and weight as Lamar Jackson.  #EliteAthlete

Fat on white people weighs less than fat on blacks.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2023, 03:18:47 PM »
I never said anything of that sort, just that a place none of you live in isn’t the hell hole you make it out to be. Sounds like you're the one moping about it. Shouldn’t you be Dutch ruddering with some bigoted dentists somewhere?

only one of the top 5 large cities losing 3% of it's population over the past 2-3 years-nothing to see here though.  just looking for their next victims eyn'a?

nice pig scribble for screen name now resorts to homophobia for kicks and giggles
don't...don't don't don't don't

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2023, 11:07:08 PM »
only one of the top 5 large cities losing 3% of it's population over the past 2-3 years-nothing to see here though.  just looking for their next victims eyn'a?

nice pig scribble for screen name now resorts to homophobia for kicks and giggles
there’s nothing wrong with some good old fashioned horseplay with the fellas.

SoCalEagle

• All American
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2023, 12:18:03 PM »

So on the nose you almost can't believe it.  Kind of like the only guy held in custody is the African American guy who can't post bond.  Rudy is set free to mumble and wander around, but the African American guy has to spend the weekend in jail. 

Who wrote this script?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2023, 01:29:43 PM »
So on the nose you almost can't believe it.  Kind of like the only guy held in custody is the African American guy who can't post bond.  Rudy is set free to mumble and wander around, but the African American guy has to spend the weekend in jail. 

Who wrote this script?

That AA guy assaulted an FBI agent, didn't he?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2023, 02:45:18 PM »
I spent the evening with a CNN exec who I would consider pretty impartial and very well read.  His take on a lot of this stuff was enlightening.  For both sides.

He knows it’s a game and he already knows the  score.   

LOL, Lens - just noticed this. Hope you had fun catching up - I’ll vouch for them as good people. I think they can be trusted.

feedback