collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bronny James?  (Read 16274 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Bronny James?
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2022, 01:58:34 PM »
Thanasis is an nba, albeit end of the bench, level talent. Bronny is not.

Not yet, no. Maybe he never will be. Maybe after a year in the G League, he'll go from a top-40ish kid to someone who can earn a spot on an NBA roster. Marjon Beauchamp did it. And maybe he won't. Most likely, this isn't about Bronny. It's about Lebron deciding where he wants to play and dictating some of those terms. No different from what he's doing currently in Los Angeles. Or what he was doing in Cleveland on his second go-around. Both of those teams won titles with Lebron, despite his tendency to try to flex his role from player into GM. It wouldn't surprise me at all for someone else to give that a shot in a few years, and I wouldn't blame them because he's won championships at each of his past three stops.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2022, 02:00:28 PM »
Really?

Giannis and Curry are the only 2 that have led their team to a championship. Lebron makes three.

You're gonna take Lebron over the back to back reigning MVP and the guy that got the lions share of the other votes the last 2 years, both in their prime, because they haven't won a title?  Lebron last lead his team to a proper NBA title over 5 years ago and lead his team to 7th and 11th place finishes in conference the last 2 seasons.

panda

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2022, 02:05:28 PM »
Why do you care?

I don’t like lebron and don’t like the ultimatum he put out.

panda

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2022, 02:08:30 PM »
Not yet, no. Maybe he never will be. Maybe after a year in the G League, he'll go from a top-40ish kid to someone who can earn a spot on an NBA roster. Marjon Beauchamp did it. And maybe he won't. Most likely, this isn't about Bronny. It's about Lebron deciding where he wants to play and dictating some of those terms. No different from what he's doing currently in Los Angeles. Or what he was doing in Cleveland on his second go-around. Both of those teams won titles with Lebron, despite his tendency to try to flex his role from player into GM. It wouldn't surprise me at all for someone else to give that a shot in a few years, and I wouldn't blame them because he's won championships at each of his past three stops.

Bubble championship doesn’t count. And asking to play with Anthony Davis or Westbrick is different than demanding a roster spot for a kid who should be a battling for a spot in the rotation at a high major school or a few minutes on a g league roster.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2022, 02:48:07 PM »
I don’t like lebron and don’t like the ultimatum he put out.

Have a grape soda
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

panda

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2022, 02:50:40 PM »
Have a grape soda

I’ll get you an orange crush On ice

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2022, 03:06:16 PM »
Bubble championship doesn’t count.

Yes, actually, it does. It's recorded in the annals of NBA history and Lebron was the Finals MVP. There's literally no logical case to say it doesn't count. What a silly statement.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2022, 03:26:54 PM »
Lebron is wired much differently than Giannis. I don’t think Lebron would handle his family member being slighted in the same way as Giannis would.

Gianni’s also didn’t bail and form a super team after being unable to win a title with the team that drafted him.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2022, 03:47:50 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2022, 03:51:07 PM »
Gianni’s also didn’t bail and form a super team after being unable to win a title with the team that drafted him.

Oh no. An athlete went to a new team as a free agent?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2022, 04:14:52 PM »
using nepotism to acquire Nba roster spots is brand new.

Lol. Really? 

Simple Google search..

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/352324/amp
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2022, 05:15:29 PM »
Yes, actually, it does. It's recorded in the annals of NBA history and Lebron was the Finals MVP. There's literally no logical case to say it doesn't count. What a silly statement.

Do you celebrate summer league titles too?

panda

• All American
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2022, 05:18:05 PM »
Lol. Really? 

Simple Google search..

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/352324/amp

You should probably use a better example to support your side of the opinion than Chris smith and jr smith. How’d that turn out for the knicks?

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2022, 05:21:36 PM »
You should probably use a better example to support your side of the opinion than Chris smith and jr smith. How’d that turn out for the knicks?

Ah we have decided to shift the goalposts now.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2022, 05:32:06 PM »
Ah we have decided to shift the goalposts now.

Ok so I did shift - but…. How did it work out for the knicks ? I’m sure there were no luxury tax issues and Jr smith was really happy with the organization and stayed with them for a really long time right ?

Judge Smails

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2022, 05:56:42 PM »
I saw Bronny play in Chicago back in February. Dude has a nice shot and passes well.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2022, 05:59:11 PM »
Ok so I did shift - but…. How did it work out for the knicks ? I’m sure there were no luxury tax issues and Jr smith was really happy with the organization and stayed with them for a really long time right ?

Whatever organization acquiesces to Lebron and Bronny will sell a lot more tickets than the Knicks
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2022, 06:23:20 PM »
You're gonna take Lebron over the back to back reigning MVP and the guy that got the lions share of the other votes the last 2 years, both in their prime, because they haven't won a title?  Lebron last lead his team to a proper NBA title over 5 years ago and lead his team to 7th and 11th place finishes in conference the last 2 seasons.

I didn't say LeBron was the better player now.

But when he was the Joker's age, any team he went to was automatically one of the favorites for the title. The same is not true for Jokic

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2022, 06:25:21 PM »

Um.., he told the Bucks to get better players or he was gone. Exactly the same as LeBron.

• All American
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2022, 06:31:46 PM »

It didn’t work. Just like nothing has worked for them in the last 20 years.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2022, 06:36:19 PM »
Do you celebrate summer league titles too?

No, but this is an NBA title. Arguing otherwise comes across as petty and juvenile. I don't think any NBA franchise would've turned down the title in the bubble.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2022, 06:40:07 PM »
I didn't say LeBron was the better player now.

But when he was the Joker's age, any team he went to was automatically one of the favorites for the title. The same is not true for Jokic

Forgetful said you'd be nuts to choose Lebron, now in 2022, over Jokic, Embiid, Curry, Giannis, or Durant.  Then you cited leading their team to a title and called out Curry and Giannis doing it, as well as Lebron.  Certainly seems as you're implying there is a solid argument for Lebron at age 38 over them cause he had titles.

We know how you feel about Durant, but there is no world where Lebron is remotely in discussion for current ability with Jokic and Embiid.

Also, for fun, at Jokic's age, Lebron had already went to Miami.  And to be fair, in Jokic's 2 MVP seasons, the second superstar on his team missed the second half of the seasons/playoffs in the first year and the entire year in the second.  And another top 4 player on the team missed most of this year as well.  A healthy Nuggets team with Jokic, Murray, and MPJ would absolutely be a top 3-4 favorite for a title

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2022, 06:44:23 PM »
No, but this is an NBA title. Arguing otherwise comes across as petty and juvenile. I don't think any NBA franchise would've turned down the title in the bubble.

Scoop would have been celebrating had the Bucks or JFB won the title. Saying it didn’t count is just silliness.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2022, 06:46:27 PM »

No, but he used the threat of free agency to force the team to makes moves to build a championship roster around him.
Moron Dan Gilbert wouldn't do that, so LeBron bailed.

Giannis is great and all, but anyone who thinks prime Giannis is in the neighborhood of prime LeBron is clueless.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2022, 06:51:39 PM »
Forgetful said you'd be nuts to choose Lebron, now in 2022, over Jokic, Embiid, Curry, Giannis, or Durant.  Then you cited leading their team to a title and called out Curry and Giannis doing it, as well as Lebron.  Certainly seems as you're implying there is a solid argument for Lebron at age 38 over them cause he had titles.

We know how you feel about Durant, but there is no world where Lebron is remotely in discussion for current ability with Jokic and Embiid.

Also, for fun, at Jokic's age, Lebron had already went to Miami.  And to be fair, in Jokic's 2 MVP seasons, the second superstar on his team missed the second half of the seasons/playoffs in the first year and the entire year in the second.  And another top 4 player on the team missed most of this year as well.  A healthy Nuggets team with Jokic, Murray, and MPJ would absolutely be a top 3-4 favorite for a title

Do yourself a favor, Wags. Go check the roster LeBron carried to the finals in 2007.
Then let us know if Jokic could do that.

feedback