collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bronny James?  (Read 15918 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Bronny James?
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2022, 06:33:03 PM »
Back to Bronny ...

@On3Recruits: According to a report from ESPN's @PaulBiancardi, Bronny James is being recruited by Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, UCLA, and USC🏀
https://www.on3.com/news/bronny-james-ucla-michigan-ohio-state-usc-oregon-reportedly-recruiting-lebrons-son/

USC makes A LOT of sense.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #151 on: August 13, 2022, 03:42:40 PM »
Back to Bronny ...

@On3Recruits: According to a report from ESPN's @PaulBiancardi, Bronny James is being recruited by Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon, UCLA, and USC🏀
https://www.on3.com/news/bronny-james-ucla-michigan-ohio-state-usc-oregon-reportedly-recruiting-lebrons-son/
Since its not that important, I'm not going to go back and verify this, but when I started the thread some of these schools were listed as 'recruiting' him, just no offers. Seemed strange that a player that 'highly' rated did not have any decent offers by now. I'd be interested to see if any have now offered.

I think the idea that he has no interest in college makes a lot of sense and teams don't want to expend energy on recruiting or offering him. Honestly the idea of MU offering a 40-50ish raked player who thinks he is a one-and-done is not very appealing.

If I were Bronny, I'd leverage my dad's status and get on an NBA team. See how long it lasts and move onto running the family business. I personally have zero problem with LeBron forcing a team into signing Bronny. That kind of privilege has existed since the dawn of time and will always exist.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2022, 10:52:25 AM »
Back to Bronny ...

So for sure he'll be in the Big 10

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2022, 10:57:32 AM »
Is it that far off for a father to buy into a share of an NBA franchise to get his son a G-League spot?
DWades situation  is akin to Chuck giving Jimmy a spot in the mailroom. (Yes, I am finally watching BCS)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2022, 11:20:21 AM »
Back to Bronny ...

I'm going to guess that list came from the James camp. Especially as it's been reported that some schools considered to be "recruiting" Bronny James have said off the record they are not actually recruiting Bronny James.

The best part of the article, though, was this: "According to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, it is currently a close race between North Carolina A&T and North Carolina Central to land James’ commitment. North Carolina A&T’s odds are at 53.3%, while North Carolina Central’s chance is at 46.7%."
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2022, 07:26:05 AM »
The Athletic with an interesting update on the recruitment of LeBron's kid:

https://theathletic.com/3740911/2022/10/31/bronny-james-recruitment-lebron-james/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign=5394418

The gist:

The Athletic spoke to eight college coaches from major conference schools who have evaluated Bronny and also two NBA scouts who have seen him play. They were granted anonymity because they are not permitted to speak about high school prospects under NCAA and NBA guidelines. They praised Bronny’s mental makeup and understanding of the game. They respected how his parents are handling his recruitment. But the college coaches, to a person, also bring up a caveat.

While Bronny is talented, he is not so talented that the expectations and the circus that will accompany him to any college campus are warranted. He is not a force like Zion or a unicorn like Chet Holmgren. He’s not DJ Wagner, the top-rated player in Bronny’s graduating class, or even Amari Bailey, his former Sierra Canyon teammate and five-star recruit who is now at UCLA. Not even close. And so, in whispers, some coaches are wondering if Bronny, the player, is worth Bronny, the circus.

“The expectation doesn’t match the talent level, or at least not yet,’’ one coach says. “And that’s where it gets messy.’’

And this:

Bronny is good. That needs to be said upfront. No one praising his play to The Athletic seems to be kissing the King’s ring or paying lip service. His consensus class rank is 45; 247 Sports lists him 41st, while ESPN slates him at 34. He is good enough to play at the schools that are on his current list of suitors: Oregon, UCLA, USC, Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio State and Memphis.

Coaches and scouts who have actually evaluated — and not simply gawked at — his game like his athleticism and how he gets downhill; they say he’s got a good enough shot that he could play either point guard or shooting guard in college. To a man, they cite his high basketball IQ as a strength. “Plays the game the right way’’ comes up more than once when evaluators are asked about him. He makes the right passes, the right reads and happily plays in the context of the game. For a basketball scion, he is an exceptionally good teammate.

They see areas where he could improve. He can be a little too unselfish. Some coaches want him to be more aggressive and separate himself from the crowd. They say he helped himself this summer by showing glimpses of an alpha mentality; in a game earlier this month in Las Vegas he dropped 31 points.

The evaluators also believe he’s been hurt a bit by his famous surname, that no matter what Bronny does, people often want more. “Every time people saw him they expected him to get 35 points because he’s LeBron’s kid,” says one college coach. “You have to like him for who he is. He’s a spot-up point guard who makes his team better.’’ ...

Bronny, the evaluators say, is a good ballhandler and good shooter, but not great yet at either. Everyone knew Jalen Suggs would get the ball as soon as he walked onto the Gonzaga campus; ditto Derrick Rose at Memphis and Lonzo Ball at UCLA. Bronny is not them. He might start, one coach opines, on a team in the bottom of a power league but not at a top 25 program. Bronny wouldn’t, the coach adds, start for him. ...

Bronny is, in essence, a four-star player with a five-star name. “If it were a no-brainer, he’d be (signed by) Duke right now. It would be done,’’ one coach says. “Or Kentucky. There’s a reason he’s not.’’
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2022, 08:37:30 AM »
The Athletic with an interesting update on the recruitment of LeBron's kid:

Thanks for posting...interesting stuff.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2022, 10:35:08 AM »
So essentially he’s a dime a dozen prospect, who no one would know nor care about were it not for his father. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2022, 10:58:45 AM »
So essentially he’s a dime a dozen prospect, who no one would know nor care about were it not for his father.

If his name were John Smith, Marquette fans would be thrilled to land him.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2022, 11:25:33 AM »

Yes. Like Kam Jones, Sean Jones, Chase Ross, OMax, Ben Gold, Tyler Kolek, etc. etc.

Only better.

panda

• All American
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2022, 12:03:34 PM »

Wrong

MU82

• All American
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2022, 12:24:10 PM »
247 has Bronny as a top-50 recruit.

So maybe Hutch thinks that’s a-dime-a-4-dozen.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #162 on: November 05, 2022, 12:26:36 PM »
I guess the question is, is he a top 50 recruit if his name isn’t Bronny James?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #163 on: November 05, 2022, 03:09:24 PM »
Yes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #164 on: November 05, 2022, 04:20:39 PM »
I guess the question is, is he a top 50 recruit if his name isn’t Bronny James?

The answer is:

I don’t know. And neither do you. I doubt any Scooper does.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2022, 06:05:02 PM »
The answer is:

A lot of coaches and recruiters think so - even if they aren’t recruiting him to avoid the circus that will come with it.

On the other hand, it has always been an assumption here on Scoop that there is not a whole lot of difference between #40 and #140.

So, I guess your answer is about as accurate as we’re gonna get.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2022, 06:52:15 PM »
The answer is:

This.

Don’t like Lebron? I guess you can make the case that scouts and coaches overrate his son because of who his Dad is. But maybe the opposite is true. Or maybe (most likely) it plays no part in his ranking.

But I’m pretty sure nobody here knows.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2022, 08:05:25 PM »
it would fun to see him in college but feels like the vibe is leaning towards him going on a diffrent path

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2023, 10:21:07 AM »

Bronny James, the son of LeBron James, was rushed to the hospital after having a medical emergency during a basketball workout at USC's Galen Center on Monday. The 18-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest, according to a report from TMZ.

The incident occurred Monday morning, with a 911 call reportedly being made around 9:30 a.m. PT. Bronny James was reportedly unconscious upon ambulance arrival, per TMZ, but is now in stable condition and no longer in the ICU, according to a statement issued to The Athletic's Shams Charania.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-uscs-bronny-james-stable-out-of-icu-after-cardiac-arrest-during-workout-143536860.html

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2023, 10:45:36 AM »
Bronny James, the son of LeBron James, was rushed to the hospital after having a medical emergency during a basketball workout at USC's Galen Center on Monday. The 18-year-old suffered a cardiac arrest, according to a report from TMZ.

The incident occurred Monday morning, with a 911 call reportedly being made around 9:30 a.m. PT. Bronny James was reportedly unconscious upon ambulance arrival, per TMZ, but is now in stable condition and no longer in the ICU, according to a statement issued to The Athletic's Shams Charania.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-uscs-bronny-james-stable-out-of-icu-after-cardiac-arrest-during-workout-143536860.html

Terribly unfortunate and sad news. Glad he is in stable condition.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2023, 03:25:18 PM »
Vaccine?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2023, 03:41:09 PM »
Pretty scary stuff. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2023, 04:05:42 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2023, 07:06:16 PM »
Hank Gathers.

Zeke Upshaw.

Reggie Lewis.

Thankful they had competent medical staff on site.     
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 08:05:11 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

noblewarrior

• Starter
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2023, 07:59:08 AM »
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/vincent-iwuchukwu-bronny-james-usc-cardiac-arrest/wuss2s4y3vtpccs2cyhntki7

USC freshman Vince Iwuchukwu reveals he was hospitalized after cardiac arrest during workout… from last year 🤷🏻

There’s something in the water at USC… 2 for 2 over the last couple of years.  These kids’ fitness is some of the most monitored in sports.  To have some sort of baseline ekg/stress testing prior to beginning workouts that is regularly compared throughout the season shouldn’t be too hard to implement… It likely is in some places. 

Reminds me of the CTE situation in the NFL.

Get better, Bronny!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 08:05:24 AM by noblewarrior »

feedback